Status: Completed: 22nd September 2014.

Ignite

Inappropriate thoughts.

“Will that be all, Mr Merrick?” Jack asked softly.

“Jack…” Zack warned.

The younger man blushed slightly. Zack refused to accept that his stomach flipped at the sight.

“Will that be all, Zack?” Jack corrected.

“Yes, I don’t need you to do anything else tonight. Thanks,” Zack nodded.

“Okay, goodnight, Zack. Have a good weekend,” Jack said with a warm smile.

Zack found himself smiling back, still smiling until Jack closed the door. Then he dropped his smile completely. Today was the end of Jack’s first week as Zack’s PA, and he was settling in really well. There was only one issue - there was no denying that Zack’s new PA was extremely easy on the eyes, with his big brown eyes, cute smile and incredible ass. It didn’t help that he had very dark hair and was really skinny – Zack’s complete preference. But he wouldn’t let himself admit it out loud. Nothing good could come from that. Nothing good for anyone.

“Zack, are you ready?”

Zack broke out of his thoughts to see Rian Dawson standing in his doorway, the other campaign manager in his division. Rian had started on the same week as Zack, all those years ago, both just researchers in the campaign teams, the two of them working their way up to being managers as well as best friends. Rian was one of the only people Zack truly trusted and could truly count on. He didn’t know what he’d do without Rian’s friendship.

“Yeah, just got to turn my computer off,” Zack nodded.

Rian nodded back, standing in the doorway while Zack logged off for the night, smiling as Zack stood up.

“The Matts are meeting us there,” Rian announced, as Zack grabbed his bag.

Zack just nodded again. ‘The Matts’ were their other two friends, Matt Flyzik and Matt Colussy. They both used to work alongside Zack and Rian at the advertising firm, but had left nearly a year ago. Zack and Rian still stayed in contact though, and every two weeks, the four of them went out for a drink at a local bar. Zack may be fairly grumpy and quite blunt at work, but around his three friends he could be himself. He could relax.

It only took 15 minutes to walk to the bar, and sure enough, Flyzik and Colussy were sitting in their usual booth.

“Beer? Or stronger?” Rian asked.

“Just a beer tonight. The week hasn’t been that bad,” Zack mused.

Rian laughed and nodded, heading to the bar.

*

“So, a little birdy told me that you finally have a new PA,” Colussy grinned.

Damn it Rian.

Jack? Why did they have to talk about Jack?!

“Yeah, started on Monday,” Zack said gruffly.

“You actually hired someone? What happened to the fussy mountain troll side of you that doesn’t like anyone?” Flyzik teased.

Zack narrowed his eyes in a glare, making his friends laugh. What? Was it really a crime to be particular about who worked for him? He didn’t just want anyone to handle his personal work. And he couldn’t abide idiots doing his filing. And Jack did have a very nice ass…

No! Bad thoughts!

“How has Jack’s first week gone?” Rian asked.

For fuck’s sake, just drop it!

“It’s been fine,” Zack grunted.

Zack swallowed heavily as his three friends grinned. Why were they looking at him like that? It was fucking creepy.

“Huh, you must think Jack is really cute if you’re reacting like that,” Flyzik grinned.

“Let me guess…dark brown hair, skinny, nice eyes, great ass?” Colussy

“Perfect description, actually. And just Zack’s type,” Rian smirked.

“How would you know? You haven’t met him,” Zack retorted.

“I’ve seen him in passing and that’s all I need to know,” Rian shot back, wriggling his eyebrows.

Zack rolled his eyes, fighting not to blush at all. He didn’t need his friends knowing his inappropriate thoughts about Jack. Otherwise he’d have to admit it to himself.

“You’re all crazy. Jack’s a nice kid, but he is a kid. And you’re a hypocrite, Rian, because you’re not exactly innocent with Alex, are you?” Zack said simply.

Rian blushed a little. “I have no idea what you mean,”

Uh huh. Sure he didn’t.

“Besides, I have Martin, so why would I be thinking about my PA?” Zack shrugged.

“Ah yes, how is that hot piece of ass doing?” Flyzik grinned.

Zack narrowed his eyes. That was not the way to talk about his boyfriend. “First of all, he’s my piece of ass, so don’t talk about him like that. And he’s fine. Stressed about work, but fine,”

Flyzik just laughed, holding his hands up in surrender, Colussy and Rian laughing as well. Zack waited until they started up a different conversation to slip into his thoughts. Martin. Martin Johnson, his on and off boyfriend, currently on. He’d met Martin when he first moved to the Upper East Side, Martin working as an intern in a fashion house at the time. But like Zack, he’d worked his way up the company, his bitchiness rising with his pay packet. Sure, they didn’t always get along, hence the break-ups, but when Martin wasn’t stressed he really was the sweetest, most caring person Zack had ever been with. He knew Zack inside and out, and he was always there when Zack needed someone to talk to. One problem? Martin had a mean jealous streak – so if he ever found out how cute Jack was, Zack would never hear the end of it. So Zack couldn’t even afford to think about his new young PA, or his life would just be made more difficult.

Fuck. Martin didn’t deserve him thinking about another guy, not in this way. Zack subtly pulled his phone under the table, checked his friends weren’t looking, before sending Martin a quick text. There. He wasn’t a completely horrible boyfriend.

Moments later, he got a message back.

To: Zack
From: Martin xo

Hey, I’m good thanks. Working late again but I can get to yours before 10pm, I think? I miss you too. Hope you’re having fun with the guys. I love you xx


Fuck. That didn’t make Zack feel any better at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear. Sounds like Zack's got a problem on his hands!
I couldn't resist a bit of Zack/Martin either ^_^
Angsty already! Just my cup of tea :)

Hope you're all enjoying this so far! Thank you so much to everyone who read the last chapter, and to the following for commenting! Please keep your feedback coming :)

I’d.Be.Your.Tears
f0reverbr0ken
breepocket
brokenpromise
Tattoo
fiction246
Bludgeoned.Brittany
Forever Young.
Hello-DreamLand
Forget Me Not.

xo