Status: Completed: 22nd September 2014.

Ignite

Thanks for tonight.

From: Martin
To: Zack

Hey, babe, have you got plans for tonight? xo


~

From: Zack
To: Martin

Nothing important. Why? x


~

From: Martin
To: Zack

Good. I finished that huge project I’ve been working on and I want to celebrate! Come over? xo


~

Zack found himself standing outside Martin’s apartment within half an hour of finishing work, bottle of wine in hand. He normally wouldn’t bring over a bottle of wine when he came to Martin’s, but this project had been causing Martin so much stress – it had been one of the reasons they had that big blowout argument two weeks ago – so he felt he needed to show his appreciation. That, and if Martin wanted to celebrate, he was definitely down for that.

“Perfect timing! I’ve just put our food in the oven,” Martin announced as soon as he opened the door.

“Hello to you too,” Zack mused, walking in, “Cooking for me? You must be in a really good mood,”

Martin blushed slightly as he shut the door.

“Shut up. I just didn’t fancy take-out tonight,” Martin grumbled.

“Trust me, I’m not complaining,” Zack chuckled.

Martin was still pouting slightly, so Zack rolled his eyes and leant down to press a kiss to Martin’s lips, smiling as the smaller man sank into his arms. This was more like it.

“Congratulations on finishing your project. Here,” Zack said softly, once he’d broken away.

Martin’s eyes lit up as Zack handed him the bottle of wine. “Oh this will be perfect with dinner! You’re the best!”

“I try,” Zack grinned.

Martin rolled his eyes but smiled, nudging Zack with his hip before heading towards the kitchen. Zack willingly followed.

~

“You really outdid yourself this time, Martin. The food was delicious,” Zack groaned, leaning back in his chair.

Perfectly cooked fillets of steak in a shallot and red wine sauce, with asparagus and potatoes on the side. So so good.

“Natural talent, babe,” Martin grinned, winking.

“Ever think of becoming a chef instead of a fashion designer?” Zack mused.

“And ruin these perfectly manicured hands? I don’t think so. Once in a while is good enough for me,” Martin laughed.

Zack smiled even more upon hearing Martin’s laugh. It was so rare that his on-and-off boyfriend relaxed enough to genuinely laugh like this, and he wasn’t going to miss this opportunity for a stress free night. He could do something nice for his boyfriend in return, right?

“Pour yourself another glass of wine. I’ll clear the table,”

“Are you sure?” Martin asked, surprised.

“Yeah, I mean it. Relax, you deserve it,” Zack said sweetly.

Martin blushed slightly but nodded, so Zack set to work clearing the dishes and cutlery from the table. He put it all in the sink to soak for now, before heading back to his boyfriend, who had moved from the dining table to his sofa.

“Thanks for tonight, Martin. It’s been really nice to spend this kind of time together,”

“We don’t get to do it much, do we?” Martin said, smiling wistfully.

Zack just shook his head, smiling himself as Martin snuggled into his side.

“I’m sorry I’ve been so horrible lately,” Martin sighed, “I shouldn’t have taken it out on you,”

“No, you shouldn’t have,” Zack agreed, “And you shouldn’t have taken it out on Jack either,”

Fuck. Fuck, why did he blurt that out? Why did he have to say that when everything was going so well?!

“Your PA?” Martin scoffed, looking up at him incredulously.

Well there was no need for that attitude.

Zack narrowed his eyes until Martin sighed again.

“Alright, yes, the wonderful Jack too. I’ll send him a breakfast basket in apology,” Martin muttered, snuggling back into Zack’s side.

“Not funny,” Zack frowned.

“I’m sorry. I just…I know you hate it when I get bitchy,” Martin murmured, “I just can’t help it. It’s in the nature of my job and it’s a bad habit,”

A really bad habit.

“Yeah, I know. But I love you regardless,” Zack said simply.

Martin smiled, an honest genuine smile, and pressed a soft lingering kiss to Zack’s lips.

“I love you too. Don’t ever forget that. I may not be perfect and I may not be the nicest person in the world or the best boyfriend, but I do love you. Don’t know what I’d do without you,” Martin said softly.

Wow. That was sweet. Martin rarely expressed his feelings like that. This was new. But a welcome kid of new.

“Me too, Martin. Me too,” Zack said.

Martin squeezed his hand, snuggling even more into him.

“Are you staying over tonight?” Martin asked.

“Only if you want me too,” Zack said, smiling.

Martin sometimes had stupidly early meetings to go to – there was no way Zack could keep his hands off his boyfriend in bed, and Martin really did not appreciate the lack of sleep if he had an early start. So he always asked.

“Yeah, I want,” Martin smirked, sliding his hand onto Zack’s thigh.

That was more like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a nice one to show Zack and Martin's relationship when it's going well.
Because it's not really going to go well from here lol.
Whoops!

Thank you to everyone who read the last chapter and to the following for commenting! Please keep your feedback coming, I really do appreciate it :)

xMareBear14x
f0reverbr0ken
Tattoo
prettyxinxyourxpain
fiction246
Bludgeoned.Brittany

xo