Status: On-going <3

I'm Siriusly in Love?

Chapter Nine

“No way! James really did that?” I giggled, walking along the pavement next to Sirius.

“Yeah, he really did. It was very humorous to watch him explain it to his mum.” Sirius chuckled.

“I wish I could have hung out with you guys over holiday.” I sighed, frowning. “It would have been so much better than working all summer.”

“Why do you even work all summer? You know you don’t have to, right? If you ever needed help financially, you could ask any of us-”

“I know, Sirius, I know I could, but I like being independent. It’s just...me, I suppose.” I shrugged.

Sirius rolled his eyes playfully. “Whatever. Hey, what time is it?”

I looked down at my watch and my eyes widened. “It’s 7:45! Hurry! We’ve got to run!”

I grabbed his hand and the two of us raced down the pavement. We ran for blocks until Sirius was out of breath. He stopped, hands on his knees, breathing heavily. I stood in front of him, tapping my foot impatiently.

“Merlin, Sirius, someone needs to get into shape.”

“Oi, shove off it, Onyx! Not everyone can be as fit as you!” He glared up at me, panting his words out.

I blushed lightly and twirled around, “Let’s just go. We’re still three blocks away!”

Sirius was meters behind me as we sprinted to the place Dumbledore was going to meet us at. Dumbledore stood there, waiting patiently. His blue eyes sparkled with humor as he watched Sirius struggle to keep running.

“I see you two have finally made it.” He smiled.

“Professor, I’m so sorry. We-” I began to come up with an excuse as to why we were late, but Dumbledore cut me off.

“There is no need for apology, Miss Onyx. I quite like London.” He looked behind me as Sirius finally caught up, “Ah, Mr. Black, someone is in need of exercise, eh?”

Sirius blushed and looked down at his shoes. I tried to hold in my laughter, but I couldn’t and ended up cracking up. Sirius glared at me and Dumbledore’s face held a look of knowing, but what exactly had he thought he knew?

“Grab on,” He instructed. I grabbed his left arm and Sirius gripped his right one. A weird, nauseating and claustrophobic sensation washed over me. I could see only the brightest of light. I closed my eyes and when I re-opened them, we stood in Dumbledore’s office at Hogwarts.

“Thank you, Professor.” He nodded, waving us out. We walked down the staircase and through the corridors on our way to the Common Room.

“Thank you, Sirius.” I said as we were walking up the moving staircases to Gryffindor tower.

He looked at me curiously, “For what?”

I smiled lightly, “For coming with me. And for buying me chocolate-chip cookie dough ice-cream, but mainly for coming with me.”

He grinned, “Of course, Onyx. You needed me, so of course I came. I’ll always be here when you need me.”

I smiled wrapped my arms around his neck, “Thank you, so much. You’re the bestest friend anyone could ever ask for, Siri.”

I pulled away and he smirked, “I know I am, Onyx.”

I playfully punched him in the arm, “You’re such a prat, Sirius.”

“Aww, thank you, Onyx! That means a lot coming from you.” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled. Sometimes this side of Sirius was annoying and made me want to strangle him, but I loved it just the same. “Hippogriff.” The Fat Lady swung open and Sirius and I stepped inside. James, Remus, Peter, Lily and a few other Gryffindors sat in the common room. Lily sat next to James, their fingers intertwined. I ‘awwed’ making the group turn around to look at us.

“Athena! Sirius! You guys are back!” Lily smiled.

“Yeah, we are. How was Hogwarts without us?” I smiled, taking a seat on the floor next to Remus.

“Oh, it was absolutely dull, darling!” James spoke in his weird American teenage girl accent. “You two are absolutely the life of this entire school!”

“Aww, shucks, Prongs, do ya really mean it?” Sirius faked a Southern American accent as he sat down on James’s lap. I swear those two had a secret bromance going on.

“Of course, darling! You’re the best!” James repeated his horrid American teenage girl accent. Has this kid never been to America? Or at least seen an American TV show or something? Because they did not talk like that.

“Prongs, might not wanna flirt with your boyfriend in front of your girlfriend. She might suspect something.” I laughed at Remus’s remark.

Sirius gasped dramatically, “You’ve been cheating on me?! How could you?! After all we’ve been through?!” He began to fake sob into James’s shoulder. By now, I was laughing so hard, tears were pouring down my face. Even Lily was laughing, her hand covering her mouth in an attempt to stifle said laughter.

James patted Sirius’s back, “Sorry, darling, but you’re just not my type. I prefer people with brains.”

Sirius fake sniffled as he got up from James’s lap, “That’s okay. I prefer birds with a bum, and let’s face it, Prongs, you don’t have one.”

James gasped, acting as if he were hurt. “My bum is amazing! Isn’t it, Lily-pad?”

Lily blushed, “U-um, definitely, James.”

Sirius laughed, “You and your bum, Prongs. Well, I’m gonna go to bed. Night, guys. Goodnight, Onyx.”

We all said our goodnights to him as he walked up the stairs to the boys dormitories.

“‘Goodnight, Onyx’.” James mocked.

I looked over at him, one eyebrow cocked, “What’s that supposed to mean, Potter?”

“Sirius said goodnight to you.” Peter spoke up.

“He said goodnight to everyone.” I shook my head in denial. Did they not hear him? Were they all bloody delusional.

“He said goodnight specifically to you, Athena.” Remus reiterated.

“Yeah? So what?” I was totally and utterly confused. What were they trying to say?

Lily giggled, “You’re so oblivious, Athena.”

I huffed, “You guys are so frustrating. I’m going to bed, it’s been a long day.”

James chuckled, “I’m sure it has. You and Sirius...alone. Together. All day.”

“Goodnight!” I flipped James off before walking up the steps to my dormitory. I changed into my pajamas and put my long black hair into a ponytail before climbing into bed and falling asleep.