Look at the Stars, Look How They Shine for You

I'm Bleeding Out, If The Last Thing That I Do, Is Bring You Down, I'll Bleed Out For You

I sat paitently in my seat at PNC Arena and watched Jeff's practice as I sat with my legs curled up, I had a Bauer sweatshirt on with my long dark brown hair naturally down. I hardly had time to brush my teeth before Jeff texted me to come. Jeffrey Skinner and I went way back, almost too far back. There are so many crazy, hilarious and dumb things we did. I was in love with him, everyone seemed to know it but him.

I yawned and looked at Jeff as he skated around the ice, deked around a player and scored. I had been here for 15 minutes more than I thought I would, practice should have ended by now. I looked around the empty Arena, just me and a couple anxious fans sitting by the glass.

I watched him catch passes, spin around, shoot and score. He skated by the bench to grab some water, he looked my way and I smiled. He went back to doing drills and laughing with his teammates.

He had been seeing this girl, she worked at a store in the mall called Wet Seal, I had seen her before. She was about the same height as me, she had a soft voice but she was outgoing, she was also gorgeous and she knew it.

I checked my phone, it was 11:30. I grabbed my water bottle and took a sip. I watched as Coach gathered his players together and said a few words then let them go.

I watched him walk out of the locker room, he had wet hair and shorts and a t-shirt.
"Hey Lauren!" I heard someone yell, I turned around and it was Eric Staal. "Hey Captain!" I said as I high fived him.

Jeff's teammates were so funny and nice, I turned back to Jeff,

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He said.

"Where do you want to go out to eat lunch?" He asked while moving the bangs out of my face.

"Your place." I made a cheesy smile and he smirked and put his arm around me and said, "We shall go then."

"How are you liking school?"

He asked while pouring pancake batter into the pan, he made really good pancakes.

"It's school." I said, "But I like it better than Maine."

He poured two glasses of orange juice and said, "I never wanted you to go there anyways."

I looked at him then took my glass, "You couldn't have said that before I wasted a year?"

He looked into my eyes then said, "You wanted to go, I didn't want to stop you." He flipped the pancake then watched it bubble.

"I'm glad your back."

I smiled then felt my phone vibrate, "Hello?" I said.

"Hey! Where are you?" I heard my best friend, Sarah.

"At Jeff's house." I

watched him place the pancake on my plate then grab the syrup out of the fridge.

"Oh, I'm at Caribou."

I heard voices and laughter in the background.

"I'll call you when I get home!" I said.

"Okay. Bye!" I touched the red button.

"Sarah?" He asked, "Yep." I said.

He handed me my plate, I ate the pancake in less than 5 minutes.

"How was it?"

He sat down next to me, our arms were almost touching.

"Uh, it was good."

I put it in his sink then plopped down on the couch.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked, I stared and watched him eat.

"Oh, I almost forgot! You know Lindsey?"

I gulped and said, "Yeah."

He kept eating as if saying the next sentence didn't matter. "Well, I've been seeing her lately. I really like her." My stomach dropped.

"What do you think of her?"

I had to think of almost good words to describe her.. "She's alright."

He finished his pancake then set his plate in the sink.

"Glad you think so."

I flipped on the TV before he could say another word. Elf was on, one of Jeff's favorite movies. He laid down next to me then grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, I so desperately wanted to lean over and kiss him, I knew I couldn't.

He looked at me as I probably looked like my dog just died, or my heart just broke.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

He hugged me tighter as if it wasn't slowly killing me, I was praying that I wouldn't have to meet her. I never wanted to, never.

I pulled on my jacket and put on my UGGs.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

He took a deep breath then touched my arm.

"Yeah, bye Jeff."

He had a look in his eyes as if he didn't want me to go.

"Bye Lauren."

I walked out in the freezing, windy cold. I got into my car and drove away from Jeff's house. I pulled up to my apartment building, it was really big and new. I greeted the nice lady at the front desk then took the stairs up to my apartment.

"Hey."

Sarah sat at the table with folders and papers scattered across it. She looked up and smiled.

"Hey. How was Jeff?"

I thought about what he had said about Lindsey, those words killed me, I wanted to cry as he said them.

"Well, he admitted to seeing Lindsey and he said "I really like her." And then asked for my opinion on her."

Sarah formed her lips in a "O". I looked at the time, it was 7:00 PM, my favoite show, The Voice, was on.

"Wow. He is clueless. What did you say about her?"

" I said she was alright. I seriously can't believe he said that to me, like it killed me."

"I bet. Just keep doing what your doing, things will brighten up."

"Thanks Sarah."

I sat down and watched The Voice, my favorite judge was Blake. I loved the rivalry between him and Adam, and Christina was gorgeous. I felt my phone buzz, it was a text from Jeff.

Hey. Are you home?

Yeah.

I talked to Lindsey and were having lunch tomorrow at Applebee's. You should come!

I sat there and stared at the words, I hated her already. Now I had to meet her?

Okay.

Sweet. Goodnight Lauren.

Night.

"Guess who I'm meeting tomorrow!"

I said sarcastically excited.

"Oh my god Jeffrey."

"Yep."

I shut my phone off and put all my attention on Blake and wondered what the heck I was supposed to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! New story! I really hope you guys like this story! Thanks for reading! :)