Look at the Stars, Look How They Shine for You

I've Got The Fire, Fire, Fire. And I'm Gonna Let It Burn, Burn, Burn.

I walked slowly into Applebee's, I looked around then I spotted them, they were right next to eachother, she was squeezing his bicep and he was smiling at her. 'Oh my god. This will be so awkward, maybe I should leave.' I thought, I hesitantly made my way to the table.

"Hey!" Jeff said.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"This is Lindsey."

I faked a smile and she said hey in a squeaky and high voice, she was hugging Jeff, as if saying he was only hers. The waitress walked up to our table.

"So, what do you guys want to order?"

"Uh. I'll have a Cesar salad."

"BLT."

Lindsey looked at her menu like 80 times then decided.

"I'll have chicken noodle soup."

She played with her hair, twisting it and pulling it to the side, whack I knew drived Jeff crazy.

"So, Lindsey works at the mall, she's from LA."

I nodded even though I just wanted to run out of here and forget about everything. She was tan, blonde and she wore pounds of makeup, reminds me of Barbie. She kissed his cheek and he smiled which made me want to vomit.

"Lauren goes to school at NC University, she plans to be a doctor. Her and I have been friends since kindergarten."

Lindsey looked at me,

"What kind of doctor?"

"ER."

After what seemed like forever, our food came. I ate my salad slowly because I knew Jeff had practice about 1 hour from now. He broke the silence.

"Okay I have to go to practice and bring Lindsey home, thanks for coming Lauren!"

"Yeah."

I paid for my salad then said my goodbyes and walked out of the restraint. I got in my cold car and turned it on.

"That sucked." I said to myself.

I turned on the radio and "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry was on, I turned it up and sang along.

"How was it?"

"It sucked. I hated every minute."

"Life rule #1: don't agree to meet your love's girlfriend. I've seen her, she looks like Barbie."

"Yep."

Sarah always somehow made things better, my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

It was Jeff, I had nothing to say.

"Want to hang out?"

"I'm with Sarah right now."

"Oh, later then?"

"Maybe."

"Okay, I'm getting out of practice."

"How was it?"

"Good."

"Good."

"I'll talk to you later. Bye Lauren."

I honestly didn't know what to do. The boy I loved was dating a Barbie, he never asked who I liked or anything.

"Sarah, I don't know what to do anymore."

"Get a boyfriend."

"What?!"

"Get a boyfriend. Make him jealous and make him realize he wants to be with you."

"How? I haven't talked to anyone but Jeff."

"Are there any attractive guys at college?"

"No."

"How about Jeff's team?"

"What?! That would kill him!"

"Exactly, are there any?"

"...yes."

"Who?"

"Nathan Gerbe."

"Oooh. Get his number and start talking to him!"

"I'll try, thanks Sarah."

I had talked to Nathan before, not a a lot though. I knew I had to do this carefully because dating one of Jeff's teammates would kill him.

I called Jeff the next morning.

"Hey do you have practice this morning?"

"Yeah, I was just going to ask you to come!"

"Yeah, is it at 11?"

"Yep. I'll see ya there."

"Bye."

I quickly pulled on something casual but cute, I was trying to ask a hockey player out. I quickly grabbed a granola bar and a banana.

"Go get Nathan!" I heard Sarah yell.

I walked into the arena and saw that practice was just starting. I looked for Nathan, he was number 14, he skated in circles, caught a pass then put it in the net. I started to get nervous, what if he says no?

I played Flappy Bird for a while until I got so frustrated that I decided to go on Twitter. I looked Nathan up, he was following me and I was following him. He was single, I made sure to check that. I glanced around, more people came than last practice.

I saw Coach gather them up so I made my way down to the lockerooms, in my luck, Nathan was usually first out of the locker room.

I saw the door open and my heart raced, it was Nathan. I walked up next to him.

"Hey Nathan."

"Hey Lauren."

I did not know what to say. I almost froze but I knew this was my chance, I had to ask.

"Uh. Would you want to have dinner sometime?"

His next words seemed like the most important words in the world, they kind of were.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Can I have your number?"

I smiled and we exchanged numbers, the inner Lauren was screaming and dancing.

"Thanks. I'll call you."

I watched him walk away and I was smiling from ear to ear, this would get interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
She asks Nathan out!! Thanks for reading and comment what you think of the story so far!