‹ Prequel: I'll Come Back to You
Sequel: Not Going Anywhere
Status: A mix of fluff and sadness

So We Cry

Hidden

Stepping out of the carriage, Cora thanks her driver with a kind smile as he helps her down. “You are free to go. I will stay at the palace tonight,” Cora tells the driver and the man nods his head. With a deep bow, the man hurries off and Cora grabs the end of her gown, making sure not to step on it and trip as she walks up the steps to the palace's doors. The guards bow and Cora smiles nodding her head for them to rise. Without a word, the guards open the doors allowing Cora to enter the palace. Her heels click softly on the stone beneath her and she drops her dress, walking with her hands at her side. Two days have passed since Loki had come to Cora's window and that is far too long to not see Loki, in Cora's eyes.

Cora was going to send a messenger earlier in the day to let Loki know that she had planned on coming to visit, but she decided not to. She wanted to surprises the young Prince much like he had done to her when he came to her window in the dead of night. Walking in the hall alone, Cora hums to herself lost in her own mind as she head to Loki's chambers.

“Lady Cora?” A soft voice pulls Cora from her thoughts. Turning around, Cora bows gracefully in front of the Queen. “There is no need to bow, my dear,” Frigga says and Cora straightens herself up. Frigga smiles and offers Cora her arm, “Now to what do I owe this visit? There was no word sent that you would coming today.”

“My apologize, my Queen,” Cora says softly as she walks beside Frigga. “I thought I would surprise the Prince with my presence.”

“Thor?” Frigga asks, her voice filled with an emotion that Cora cannot name.

“...Loki, my Queen,” Cora corrects Frigga with a shy smile. Frigga bites her tongue trying not to smile, but she smiles nonetheless.

“Loki? You and him spend a lot of time together, I have noticed. It has been brought to my attention more then once that my son runs off all hours of the day, disappearing for hours...that would be your doing?”

Cora's face flushes and she looks in front of her, not daring to meet the Queen's eyes, “My Queen, Loki has been a very dear friend to me. Our time together is spent with endless conversations, books and riding. I mean no disrespect in saying this, but most act as though Loki is the worst choice when they pick between Thor and himself. My Queen, Loki is a wonderful prince and his mind is years beyond his time. I do not understand why so many look down upon him...” Cora expresses and Frigga smiles knowingly.

“I agree with you my dear Cora. Loki and Thor are two very different people. When they are compared they will have strengths and weaknesses. Sadly, Loki's strengths are seen to many as weakness. It is not common for magic to be used during battle unless during healing. Loki is all power of the mind and many do not understand his way of thinking, which makes Loki do the silly tricks to everyone. Loki is a good son and I am happy that you are in his life. I think your friendship is doing some good for my son.” Frigga turns her eyes to Cora and laughs seeing the bewildered look in the young woman's eyes.

“Loki should be in the hall to the east. He was practicing his magic.” With that said, Frigga pats Cora's hand and unlinks their arms. Cora bows and Frigga watches after Cora with a thoughtful smile on her face, as Cora walks down the hall disappearing around a corner. Once around the corner and seeing that no one is around, Cora picks up the ends of her dress and starts to run down the hall. After her talk with the Queen, Cora needs to see Loki. She wants to see that smile that he has, just for her, she wants to be held in his arms as they hug and she wants to hear her name fall from his silver tongue.

The sound of hushed voices fills the air around Cora and she stops running, her heels no longer clicking loudly. Walking slowly towards the end of the hall, Cora pokes her head around the corner and she smiles seeing Thor and Loki both standing by the balcony, bathed in sunlight. Their backs are turned to Cora and it seems that the two are having a very heated discussion. Curiosity gets the better of her and Cora slips her heels off, holding them in her left hand while she stays close to the wall and tip toes her way towards her friends. Thor starts to turn around and Cora is quick to hide herself behind a statue nuzzled away in one of the many nooks along the wall.

“I do not understand why you are so upset by another man courting her,” Thor's loud voice hits Cora's ears and she raises an eyebrow. Are the princes talking about her or some other female? “Lady Cora is our friend, more of a sister. It is our job to be happy for her and make sure she picks the right man.”

“No man here is deserving of her hand,” Loki hisses and Thor purses his lips. “Cora is not some prize to be won. I will not allow some common filth to just stroll on along and steal her away. She will not be made a meaningless pet that is only used to boar children.”

Thor stares at Loki for a moment before he starts to speak, “Brother...do you fear that Lady Cora will forget about you? Do you believe that whomever she marries will put an end to your friendship?” Loki looks away from Thor and stares out at the Asgardian horizon. Thor cups his hand on Loki's right shoulder and gives it a rough squeeze. “She will not abandoned you, Loki. Lady Cora is more loyal then that, her loyalty to us, to this kingdom and to you will never falter. How many times has Lady Cora chosen to defend you when no one else would?” Thor questions making his point clear and Loki sighs shaking his head.

“Thor, you don't understand. I know that she would never cast me to the side...I just...I am-”

“You are what, brother?” Thor asks and he sits down with his back to the horizon. Loki stares down at Thor and runs his hand through his hair. He starts to pace not finding an easy way to tell Thor his true thoughts. “Loki just tell me what ails you. I can not help if I do not know...or maybe you need to speak to Father?” Thor offers seeing that Loki is not listening to him as he mutters to himself while pacing back and forth in front of Thor. “Loki...” Thor picks himself up off of the ground and walks over to his brother. “Loki?” Thor steps in front of Loki, blocking his path so he can not pass.

“She is more then just a mere friend. She means so much more you idiot,” Loki mutters.

“Loki? What are you saying? I can not understand when you speak under your breath,” Thor complains and Loki spins around on his heel, nearly crashing into Thor's chest from their closeness.

Loki stars at Thor, his eyes wild and alert, “Cora...For the love of Odin she is perfect. She is a Goddess in her own way, a birthright that should have been given to her and only her,” Loki rambles on and Thor's brows furrow in confusion as he listens to his brother speak strong words of affection and respect about Lady Cora.

“Loki-” Thor starts to speak, but Loki cuts him off with a sudden shout.

“Brother!” Loki's eyes widen and he grabs hold of Thor's broad shoulders. “Listen to me,” Loki begs, his voice filled with a emotion that Thor can not place ever hearing from his brother. “...I love her.” Loki watches Thor with calculating eyes as he removes his hands from Thor's shoulders. Thor stares at Loki in shock, not saying a word, not moving. Loki steps away from his brother a scarfs, “Do not stare at me like that, Thor. I am very well capable of lo-” Loki's speech is cut short when Thor's large arms wrap around him. Thor swings Loki around and laughs. Still laughing Thor sets Loki back down on his feet and he pats him on the back making Loki grimace from the force.

“This is wonderful news brother!” Thor cheers. “We need to tell Father at once. This will be a marriage to crush all weddin-”

“No!” Loki shouts, putting a stop to Thor's joy.

“What?”

“You will not tell a soul of what was spoken here, do you understand? Not Father nor Mother must know about my feelings and Lady Cora will remain ignorant as well.”

“But Brother-”

“Swear it to me Brother,” Loki orders, his tone clipped and harsh.

Thor presses his lips in a thin line, frowning, but he places his fist over his heart, “I swear it,” Thor states clearly and Loki nods his head. From the nook, Cora stares at the brother's with wide eyes. She did not expect to hear Loki proclaim his love of her only to make Thor swear to keep it between themselves. Not sure how to take the new information, Cora quietly sneaks out of her hiding spot and rushes back around the corner. Slipping her shoes back on, Cora takes a deep breath and starts to walk, making sure to announce her presence with the sound of her heels clicking on the stone beneath her feet.

Cora turns the corner and she smiles at the princes when they both turn to look at her. “I hope you know what you are doing Brother,” Thor mutters and walks off unable to be in the presence of Loki any longer. “Lady Cora,” Thor bows and Cora curtseys with a light smile on her face. Thor smiles and leaves not once looking back at Loki.

“Cora...what brings you by today?” Loki asks as he walks over, closing the distance between himself and Cora.

“My Prince, I thought we could do something today. Father is away on business for a few days and I refuse to spend the time home alone.”

Loki smiles and offers Cora his arm, “It is a beautiful day, would you fancy a walk through the fields?” Loki questions and Cora nods her head, linking arms with Loki. Loki places his free hand on top of Cora's hand and gives it a light squeeze. “You look exquisite, darling,” Loki mummers and Cora blushes.

“You flatter me too much, my Prince,” Cora laughs shyly and Loki smirks. Together the two walk out of the Palace and head to the stables. Loki waves the stable boy off and he gets Archer ready for a ride himself while Cora visits Thor's horse Sirius.

“Ready?” Loki asks gaining Cora's attention and she nods her head. Loki moves to help Cora onto Archer, but Cora playfully slaps his hands away from her.

“I can do it,” Cora says and Loki puts his hands up in surrender. Giggling, Cora grabs hold of Archers reigns and pulls herself up, sitting sideways on the horse since she is in a dress. Loki nods his head in approval and climbs on after Cora, sitting behind her. Loki takes the reigns from Cora and he gives Archer a light kick in the sides. Archer trots out of the stable and Cora takes in the beauty of Asgard as they pass through the Palace gates. The village children all wave and chase after Loki and Cora making Cora laugh and Loki to smile. The older villagers bow to the young Prince and some whisper seeing Cora on the horse. When they near the edge of the village, Loki moves his lips close to Cora's ear.

“Hold on,” he warns and before Cora can question him, Archer takes off running leaving the village and the children behind. Loki slows Archer down to a trot once they are at the edge of the fields. Loki continues to ride, only stopping when he reaches the river. Getting down off of Archer, Loki leads the horse with Cora still on over to the shade. Loki lifts his arms up and Cora slides down into his arms, “The villagers love you,” Loki states as he walks away from Archer with Cora still in his arms.

“Your people love you as well, my Prince,” Cora assures and Loki ignores her claim. “Are you going to carry me around all day?”

Loki smiles and looks at Cora, “Do not tempt me, my dear,” Loki teases and Cora blushes. Loki walks over to a group of boulders and sets Cora down on top of one. “Would you like to see what I've learned today?” Loki asks and Cora's eyes light up in excitement. She loves when Loki does magic, she is the only one that Loki will do it for and not cause harm to. Smirking, Loki steps away from Cora and he snaps his fingers disappearing from her sight.

“Loki?” Cora calls out. She looks around and can not see him within her line of sight. “You can come back now.” Loki's laugh fills the air, but it sounds different.

“Miss me?” Loki asks standing behind Cora and she screams in surprise making Loki laugh.

“Sorry, dear.” Cora turns around and her eyes widen when she sees Loki standing in front of her. She looks over her shoulder and sure enough Loki is there too with a smirk on his face. Reaching out Cora rests her hand on Loki's face and it goes through. She gasps and pulls her hand away shocked as the clone of Loki disappears. “I finally perfected the trick,” Loki says from behind Cora and he walks around to stand in front of her.

“Is it really you?” Cora asks and Loki laughs nodding his head. Cora reaches out and touches his face, Loki leans into the touch and Cora smiles. Loki grabs hold of Cora's hand and kisses her plump.

“Real enough?” Cora nods her head and Loki lets her hand go. Cora pulls her hand back and sets it in her lap with a light blush on her face.

“I wish you knew how to do this when we were younger,” Cora admits and Loki raises an eyebrow. Cora looks at him and smiles shyly as she tucks some hair behind her ear, “We could have had a lot of fun playing hide n' seek,” Cora giggles and Loki laughs.

Clearing his throat, Loki steps back away from Cora and watches her with playful eyes, “Start counting.” Cora's eyes widen as nine other Loki's appear in front of her and they all smile at her. “Cover your eyes cheater,” they all say and Cora laughs. Covering her eyes, Cora starts to count out loud and when she counts to twenty she uncovers her eyes. Seeing that all ten Loki's have hidden, Cora slips her shoes off and gets off the rock. Looking to her left and right, Cora smiles knowing just where to start looking for Loki and his copies.

“Ready or not here I come!” Cora shouts and giggles as she starts looking for Loki.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one more chapter until the next story!

Cora's outfit

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.

Love,
MamaZ