Status: indefinite hiatus

Serendipity

I am the rumor on everyone's lips

Go back and read the first chapter! I rewrote most of it!

If I have an hour in a city, I go to vintage stores first because it's so much cooler to find a piece that is unique. I love the thought of some girl having worn it before and living her life in it.

—Helena Christensen


"How long before we have to be back at the hotel?"

My mom hummed from her spot on the next aisle over sifting through a rack of shirts. "Not until two. Your flight leaves at four and mine at five so that gives us enough time to get our bags down to the car," she replied.

I grinned a sad grin. I didn't like leaving my mom, but my home was back in California with my dad. I was only here in New York City to see my mom between her shoots. She had a week off, so I jetted across the states to spend it with her before she jetted off again to some foreign country.

She sighed, glancing over at me after a moment of silence. "You're Nanna wants you to call her. She thinks you don't like her because she never hears from you."

Being her first and only granddaughter, she spoiled me. Of course, I never got to see her all that much seeing as her and Grandpa lived all the way across the country in Copenhagen. When I did see her, she spent a majority of her time coddling me. I didn't mind though. I enjoyed it.

"I called her last week!" I exclaimed. Her old age was getting her. I swear. "Have you heard from the dweeb yet?"

She stopped looking through the rack of the thrift store we were in and signed. "Don't call your little brother a dweeb. Do you call your other siblings names too?"

I snorted out a laugh. "HA! Duh! Loser, Doofus, and Twerp. They love it. I know they do." I couldn't help but smirk. "It's how I show my love."

She rolled her bright green eyes. "Well Mingus doesn't like it. It hurts his feelings."

Oh dear lord. She was all about the no bullying thing. But I wasn't bullying him! I loved the little brat. Wouldn't trade him for the world. Same goes for my other three siblings. "Doesn't your stepmum and father get on to you for calling them names?"

I shook my head. "Dad and Francesca don't really care. They know I'm joking," I replied. "Now can we go try this stuff on? My arm is dying over here."

Whenever me and my mom got together, we would find the nearest vintage/thrift store and raid it. It was our thing. We loved spending what little time we had together when we weren't busy with our jobs. Some of the things we would find were so unique. I loved the thought of some other girl wearing it and living her life in it. She could've been a famous person or someone from another country or someone who had a big influence on other people. It was something I enjoyed.

She grabbed half of the huge pile in my arm and followed me to the dressings room. She only had a few necklaces and bracelets for her, but me, I went all out. I was in the shopping mood.

"Sullivan?" My mom called. I slipped on the big, old plaid shirt and said, "Yeah Mom?"

"Why are all of these random teenagers giving you death threats on Twitter?"

What? "What the hell are you talking about?" Pulling the curtain back, I stared at her with furrowed brows. "What do they say?"

"Look for yourself," she spoke, handing me my phone. I unlocked it and went straight to the Twitter app. I had a massive amount of notifications.

Sticky Vicky @ickyvickiiii
@SullivanLayne Are you secretly dating Niall Horan?

Ziall Is Life @zzzzialllll
WHY IS @NiallOfficial GOING TO SEE THIS SLUT @SullivanLayne AT HER HOTEL?!!!! SHES USING HIM!!

Niall's My Sexy Beast @niallersbitch
So can we like beat the bloody hell out of @SullivanLayne ? Who's with me?! #kickSullivansass


#kickSullivansass was trending on Twitter. What the hell?

Smarty Marty @MartinaStyles
she's so nasty & she comes from a family that worships the devil her dad is a tattooed rockstar for some gay 80s rock band #kickSullivansass

Leafy Greenbryer @jeezlouise
@NiallOfficial you can do better then @SullivanLayne she's a skanky whore


"Oh my god!" I busted out laughing. "Why are those heathens attacking me on Twitter?"

My mom chuckled. "Maybe because they supposedly saw you and him go into the same hotel the other day."

I grinned. "Are you shitting me?"

She turned her phone around, showing me a picture of me entering the Trump Towers and then a picture of him entering it too. I rolled my eyes. Everyone blew everything out of proportion. "Why are the paparazzi so up everyone's ass?"

I hated to sound conceited, but this always happened. I didn't like it, but I was used to it. With parents like mine, I was automatically put in the spotlight. From the time I was in the womb, I was in the public eye. My mom did shoots while she was pregnant and went out to where the paparazzi could photograph her. My dad was with her in a few of the pictures but most of the time he stayed in the shadows. He wasn't all about the paparazzi being all up in his face. After I was born, my mom took a leave of absence for about six months. Then she got me a nanny. I went everywhere with her and my dad. She made it clear to her agent that she needed to stay close to my dad, so when he had tour dates in another country, we were right there. I was never far from either of them.

"You get used to it, love," she replied.

&&&

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
@NiallOfficial did you know we're dating? I expect 2 dozen roses at my door tomorrow morning & my dad wants to scare the shit out you!

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
Just to clear stuff up I'm not dating Niall. I didnt even know he was in NYC the same time I was. So you LOVELY Directioners can calm down

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
And I don't even know the kid! How can I be dating someone I know nothing about? #explainthistome


After my first tweet I hit the follow button next to Niall's name with the intention of making the 1D fandom go up in flames. That outta stir the pot. Oh how I loved doing that. Smirking, I slid my phone in my purse and thanked the cabbie. "Thank you! Have a nice night, sir!" I hollered.

He flashed me a smile. "No problem. You too, Miss." And with that said, he climbed back in his car and pulled away from the curb. My purse was in the crook of my arm and my suitcase was being pulled behind me as I walked up the long walkway. The porch light was on and the tv from the living room was casting shadows out the big front window. My dad must've stayed up to wait for me. He fought me on coming to get me from the airport but I told him I was an adult and I was perfectly capable of hailing a cab.

"Dad?" I called out quietly. The step mom and siblings were in bed. The step mom had a business to run and the siblings has school. Suckers. When I didn't get an answer I shut and locked the door, then headed to the living room. A large pair of feet stuck over the edge and loud snores met my ears. The lazy old man fell asleep! And it's not even midnight!

Gazing over the back of the couch, I snorted. I had to take a picture. So I whipped my phone out and quickly snapped one. Now to Twitter.

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
What a way to get welcomed back by the father figure! Love you too pops! #feelthelove http://instagram.com/p/cV7_jQXy/#
♠ ♠ ♠
Please go back and read the first chapter! And please give the story a chance. :) Comments would be greatly appreciated. Much love! :)

Sullivan's moms outfit
Sullivan's outfit