Status: indefinite hiatus

Serendipity

They've got pretty eyes and white lies

"So, your friend knows you're here but your dad doesn't?"

I shrugged. "My dad knows I'm here he just doesn't know that I'm here."

Niall groaned while the others laughed. They got a kick out of it. "Your dad is going to murder me! I'm gonna have to change my name and appearance and move to Papua New Guinea!"

Now I was laughing. It was quite comical. I'm all honesty, he was overreacting. My dad wasn't that scary. Sure he may have tattoos and a goatee looking thing and be in one of the most badass heavy metal bands on the planet, but he wouldn't hurt a fly. Or maybe he would if it involved me or my three other siblings?

"D'ya want me to Skype him and tell him where I am?" I questioned. "Because I can." I was reaching for my laptop before he could comprehend what I was saying. The others hadn't stopped laughing. Right as I opened the laptop, it started ringing and a small box popped up saying Dad wants to Skype.

"Speak of the devil," I mumbled. I hit accept and waved at the screen. "Hola Daddy-o! How's mi casa? The familia bueno?"

He grinned back. "Hey sweetheart! The house is good and so is the familia. How're you doing?"

"Oh ya know." His eyebrows raised. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I sighed. "I may have fibbed a little when I said I was only coming for a photo shoot."

"Uh huh."

Niall and the others were behind the camera; Niall making the motion of cutting his throat and the others smirking while silently watching everything unfold. I just shook my head. "You see, there's actually a One Direction concert and I've been talking to—"

He cut me off. "That boy band that your sisters are obsessed with? Which one is it; the Irish punk? The Beethoven hair? The, uh, the one with all the tattoos? Or the one that looks like he does drugs? Or the one that resembles a mutt?"

"Dad!" I exclaimed. "Liam does not look like a mutt! He's quite nice. And so are the others; see." I swiftly turned the laptop around to face them. "Dad, say hi to everyone. The Irish punk Niall, Beethoven is Harry, tattoos is Zayn, Druggy is Louis, and mutt is Liam."

"Hey, Marcella said that one looked like a mutt!" He stopped for a second. "Or maybe she said a puppy?"

Oh dear god. "Dad, you seriously have got to start listening."

"Oh shut up. Nice to meet you guys by the way. I'm James Hetfield, Sullivan's dad."

Zayn was the brave one that spoke up. "Nice to meet you too. I went to one of your concerts over in the UK a few years back and it was killer."

My dad grinned. He loved the band and he loved the fans. Hearing people say positive stuff about concerts and their music made him the happiest guy alive. Him, Kirk, Lars, and Robert lived for it. It kept them young in a sense. I've always remembered them being the same way they are at concerts now, back when I was younger. All four of them had at one point or another cornered me and forced old concert video tapes on me. I loved them. I mean, their hairstyles hadn't really changed and neither had their style. They would be seventy and still dressing the same and putting on the same kicksss show that they always did.

"M'glad you liked it kid. I'll have to get you passes for a concert next time your in LA. You can hang out backstage with all us old geezers."

The mental image of my dad and uncles hanging out with Zayn and the boys was quite comical. They didn't belong together. They were like peanut butter and mayonnaise.

"Oh man, that would be rad!"

Image

Yeah, go!

Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another fucking sheep in the herd?
Did you hear about the money, how it made me change?
So funny to me, all the time that they waste.
Did you hear the one about me giving a shit?
'Cause if I ever did I don't remember it—


Here I was in one of the extra rooms backstage at Air Canada Centre and I was jamming out to Five Finger Death Punch's Under and Over it while doing school work. I was on 'vacation' and I was doing my college courses online. But hey, if modeling didn't work out I could always use the degree I was working on getting as a fall back. A Bachelor's degree in business management was what I chose. I loved fashion. Obviously. And I had always wanted to open my own boutique. My moms model friends-slash-sisters-slash-my aunts had already said that they would invest in the boutique if I decided to open one and would even wear the clothes to help spread the word.

What more awesome people could you ask for?

Did you hear the one about me playing the game?
Selling my soul and changing my name.
Did you hear the one about me being a prick?
Did you know I don't care? You can suck my...
Did you hear the one about me trying to die?
Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie....adiós....good riddance....fuck you!

You can be me and I will be you.
You can live just like a star—


The door to the room I was in opened, catching my attention. In walked all five of the boys with four other boys trailing behind. Woah. Boy overload. And it was nonstop talking over each other with them.

I'll take my sanity, you take the fame.
I'm under and over it all.
(I'm under and over it.)
I, I, I'm under and over it.
I, I, I'm under and over it—


"Woah," Niall commented. "What did we just walk into?"

"I feel like I should be moshing right about now," one of the new boys muttered. I paused my music and locked my phone back. "I'm perfecting the art of earning a bachelors degree with the help of a little Five Finger Death Punch," I chuckled. "Normal stuff."

They all scattered around the room. Niall plopped down beside me on the leather couch. Harry sat on the other side of me. I felt kind of awkward to be honest. Not because of Niall, but because of Harry. Niall must have a sixth sense because he spoke up. "Sullivan, those idiots over there are Ash, Calum, Michael, and Luke. Lads, this is Sullivan," he introduced.

I closed my laptop and shot them my signature smile. "Howdy. Nice to meet you guys."

"You too," they all spoke. The one with the brightly colored hair spoke up. "Your dad is the frontman of Metallica right?"

I nodded. "Yep! You a fan?"

"No shit am I fan!" I chuckled. "Their album Ride The Lightning is quality. Kirk Hammett's guitar solo in Fade To Black is so badass."

"I'll be sure to tell him."

Image

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
I'm not sure how I feel about pop concerts...

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
I feel so out place

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
I don't know any of the words

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
If you see someone awkwardly standing with their arms crossed and shifty eyes, it's me don't worry.

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
You're givin' me a heart attack lookin' like you do-ooh

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
You're giving me a heart attack sounding like you do-ooh!


There was so many things that were different about Metallica's concerts and One Direction's concerts. The fans. The music. The atmosphere. The lights. The noise level. The way they carried themselves. Everything. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

"I just want to say thank you for having us here, Toronto! These last two nights have been amazing! We'll hopefully be back next year! Massive thank you!"

No offense to the boys, but thank The Lord. I was about ready to plug my ears or go back to my hotel.

Specky Becky @beckett_munro
@SullivanLayne Having fun yet?


I wanted to shove that laughing crying emoji up her butt.

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
@beckett_munro Hey you. Yeah you. Fuck off.


"Hey!" I grinned at the body as they bounded over. "You like the concert?"

"Yeah, for sure. It was different."

A little white lie never hurt anyone, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I may be possibly blocking on this story... Sorry! But in other words, I get to see One Direction in 18 days!!

Sullivan