Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Seventeen

"Last day in San Diego, huh?" Kellin asked from beside me, I merely nodded still feeling down - I was leaving my friends for the second time and it still hurt as much as it did the first. Kellin wrapped an arm around my waist, leaning his head on my shoulder, "You'll see them again soon. I promise." we both stood there starring off into nothing; well there was a few trees and stuff, but that's not the point.

I leaned my head over his, enjoying the warmth he spread throughout my body, "Do you already have your stuff ready?" I asked, keeping my voice low. I felt him nod against my shoulder. "...Even your toothbrush?" I added, remembering how he'd forgotten it the morning before we got here.

He chuckled, - that little chuckle I'll never get tired off - "Yeah, even my toothbrush." he mumbled, going over and turning me around so that we were hugging; he was a hugger, and usually I'd be bothered by it, but his hugs were enjoyable. His scent invaded my nostrils, and I could hear his heartbeat clearly, "You're gonna be alright, right?" he made sure.

I'm pretty sure I will be, I mean, sure I'll miss my friends and all; but on the bright side I'd still have Kellin on my side, and Mike, can't forget Mike, "Yeah, I'll survive." I muttered into his chest. He placed his hands on both my shoulders, moving me away from him so we were arms length away; then he studied my face, smiling slightly when his eyes met mine.

"I really like you, Vic." he murmured.

I practically felt my cheeks heat up, "I really like you too, Kells." I nodded.

He starred at me for a few seconds before leaning in and kissing my lips, he pulled away shortly to my dismay, "We should get to sleep, early flight tomorrow." he reminded me, taking my hand in his and walking back inside, down the steps and into the basement.

We both got comfortable on the bed, in a spooning position. He was the big spoon and I was the little spoon, it sounds funny, spooning.

"What about spooning?" he asked, chuckling.

I smiled slightly, "I was thinking aloud, sorry."

"It's alright," I felt him kiss the top of my head, "Goodnight."

"Night." I mumbled, feeling my eyelids get heavy, then close completely.

<^^>

"Shut up, we're supposed to be surprising them!" followed by a loud crash, because who needs an alarm clock?

I opened my eyes slowly, not really sure if I wanted to witness what they'd just done; but I did, and it wasn't pretty. Juice and different types of breakfast items everywhere, I chuckled, "What'd you guys do?"

Kellin was already sitting up too, my arm was still draped around his shoulder, though I could still see the amused expression on his face, "I have experience with these steps." Jaime mocked Tony.

Tony frowned, "This shits' heavy!"

They went into this whole argument about 'If they'd only let the strongest one carry the stuff', until Tori spoke up, "I cooked all of this for nothing? Oh my god." Once they'd realized what they had done they all just started laughing, including Kellin and I.

"What's going on?" asked a tired looking Mike, he waltzed down the stairs, - almost tripping a few times - "Where's my breakfast in bed?" he asked, with a pout on his face.

Tony snickered, "Yours was more like breakfast on the go, because we didn't have enough time to take yours specially to your room. Sorry." he smiled sheepishly.

"Wow, okay." Mike acted offended, "I'm gonna go get my last few things ready, and shower and stuff." was all he left it at, before going back up the steps with all his dignity.

Jaime, Tony, and Tori exchanged looks, then returned their gazes to us. "One," Jaime mumbled, holding up one finger, "Two." Tony held up a second finger, "Three." Tori held up a third, "ATTACK!" they all shouted, running towards me and Kellin and jumping.

Once we'd all settled down, Kellin spoke, "You know, most people settle for a going away party or something."

"I thought you'd concluded from your whole trip with them that they are in fact not like most people." I told him, chuckling.

He smiled at me, "Yeah, but," was all he said.

"Did you wanna shower now or later?" I asked, looking down at him. Tori and the guys were still here, but whatever.

He thought about it for a while, "I take long showers, so I'll wait until we get there." he shrugged.

I nodded, giving him a little kiss on the forehead and booping out noses, "Can you two stop being all cute together? It makes me wish I had a dick." Tori grumbled.

"What?" I asked, laughing at her statement.

She just looked at us as if it were obvious, "I don't know, gay couples look better doing things, just... fuck off." she muttered, looking away.

"You mad...or naw?" Jaime added, flicking her head.

She let out a breathless chuckle, "Shut up, Jamie." she retorted.

"IT'S JAIME!" he shouted.

"Uh, I don't know Jamie suits you better." she scoffed, smirking.

"Whatever." he murmured, getting up and leaving.

Tori's smirk faded, "No! Come back!" she ran after him, like a lost puppy.

"Better make sure they don't get blood on the carpet, you guys get ready or whatever." he sighed, exiting the basement.

Me and Kellin exchanged looks, "That was peculiar." he noted, getting up off his side of the bed.

"Did you just say peculiar?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Yeah, why?"

I shrugged, "Just have never really heard you use a big word." I chuckled.

"Wow, so you think I'm stupid?" he asked, looking really hurt.

My eyes widened, "No, No it's not like that I just -"

That fucker was smiling, "You should've seen the look on your face!" he doubled over, laughing at me.

I just stood near the end of the bed, faking a pout, "That's not funny, Kells."

He walked over to me, wrapping both arms around my neck, "I'm sorry." he murmured, reaching up and kissing my lips, then pulling away and looking at my face again, "I like your face."

I could feel the blush creeping on my face, I nodded, "I like yours too."

"Good, because you're stuck with it." he chuckled, "Now I'm gonna go change and I'll see you in a few."

I grinned, watching him walk away. He was mine. All mine. And knowing Kellin Quinn was mine was probably the best feeling ever.

<^^>

"My parents might be home when we get there." I whispered to Kellin.

He looked up at me, a nervous expression on his face "R-Really?" he asked, his leg shaking on instinct.

I nodded, "Yeah, but don't worry, they'll like you." I reassured him, squeezing his knee gently.

His nose scrunched up, "I didn't shower." he looked up at me with big eyes.

"Kellin, they're not gonna sniff you." I chuckled, "You're fine, I promise they'll like you just as much as I do." I placed a kiss on his temple, "And that's a lot."
♠ ♠ ♠
woo yeah.