Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Twenty

Two knocks...

Three

Four

Fi- "Calm the fuck down, I'm coming!"

Why thank you Mike. As expected he opened the door a few seconds later, his face holding no other expression but tired with some annoyed blended in...wonder why. He stared at me for a few seconds before muttering, "He's in his room. Make things right." and raising a stern eyebrow, then just walking off into the kitchen.

I really hoped what I was doing was making things right, no, I know it is. We'll both end up happy eventually, then he'll invite me to his future wedding and I'll invite him to mine and it'll be- oh fuck no, he's not marrying anyone else! Or seeing anyone else, he's mine - No, Kellin. I mentally scolded myself.

"You know, you've gotta actually go up the stairs in order to get to his room." Mike cocked an eyebrow, his eyes vacant.

I scoffed, "Of course I do." I really didn't feel like holding a conversation with someone who could potentially kick my ass, so I did just that. I marched up those stairs, carrying all my dignity and future heartbreak with me. Today. I will become a man. I laughed at myself, that was way to dramatic. I really need to lay off the movies. I wasn't even near his room yet, though I could already hear the music from over here. Blink - 182's 'Going Away To College was on, how convenient.

I wasn't sure whether or not I should enter, what if he was having another dance session? I mean, not that I would mind, but...Oh what the hell, I opened the door, poking my head in slightly and resisting the urge to squeal at how adorable he looked. Well, it looked adorable to me.

The few boxes at in the far back of the room made me frown, but I tried paying more attention to the figure in front of me. He was lying on his side, mouth slightly ajar and clutching a pillow, his hair was sticking around in random directions, and his legs were slightly bent at the knee. I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea waking him, but I settled for it anyway, "Vic," I murmured, slightly shaking his shoulder. He didn't respond, so I tried again. "Vic." I stated, a bit louder, shaking his shoulder a little bit rougher.

He stirred a little, opening his eyes slowly until they settled on me, he waisted no time in sitting up straight, "K-Kellin." He barely whispered, looking at me wide eyed.

I nodded, giving him a half reassuring smile, "Uh, yeah. I just wanted to you know...talk about things." he nodded, seeming unsure of himself. I could already feel my heart beating quickly, no backing out now, nope. "Ithinkweshouldbreakup." I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

He looked confused for a few seconds, until his mind kind of settled on what I'd just said. His eyes went wide, "W-What, Kellin no." his eyes had turned glossy and his whole body had lost its posture.

"Vic, it's for the better don't you think? I mean, I really like you. Like really, but in the end we'll both move on. I'm sure you'll find someone better." I tried smiling at him, but only half of my mouth complied.

He just shook his head quickly, "No Kellin, you're my better! Please?" his words came out forced, he thought a bit before opening his mouth again, "Kellin I love you."

Fuck.

"No you don't." I dismissed his words quickly, not even letting him speak before opening my mouth again, "You can't do that. You can't, you can't just wait until the last minute to let someone know that Vic. You're leaving soon and you just dropped that bomb on me - no." I was now pacing quickly, not wanting to face Vic's hurt expression I knew would be there. You can't just tell someone you love them for the first time before leaving can you? I mean - it's like giving a child candy, then quickly asking for it back right before it eats it.

He stood up quickly, putting both hands on my shoulders, "Kellin I mean it. I-I love you so much it's scary and I don't know what to do." He honestly looked like he was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

The hardest part about this was that I think I loved him too. I loved him and he was just going to get teared out of my arms in the next week, it all just seemed to unreal. I latched onto him, fisting his shirt tightly, I may sound really clingy but I really didn't want him to leave. "I'm sorry." I whimpered, feeling his arms snake around my back, "I'm sorry - I don't wanna break up, I just- I don't know what to do Vic, I'm scared." [they both said the same thing, I don't even know, sorry.] I buried my face into his chest, never did I think any of this would be happening. Last week we were doing just fine, but then this fucking tornado of emotions just popped out of nowhere, I think they call it reality or something like that.

I felt his body tremble a bit -he was crying too, "It's okay, we could make this work! It'll be worth it, I know it will." he tried reassuring us both, his voice shaky and a bit fearful too? I'm not even sure at this point.

We'd pretty much let both of out guards down, letting the water works come into play. It was much needed, I hadn't cried this much since Hatchi: A Dog's Tale. After a while we'd both stopped, now sitting on his bed. My legs draped over his thighs, arms wrapped around his neck to secure me from falling - cause God forbid that, and his arms wrapped around my body. My head was steadied at the crook of his neck, being able to hear his steadying pulse.

"Hey Vic?" I got a hum in response, so I looked up at him - wiping the tears out of his eyes, "I love you too." I murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to go ahead and estimate like three more chapters, then maybe a sequel or something. I don't know.

but they're back together!