The Diary of an Abusive Relationship

Day One - Abuse

I remember this morning my exact words were, "I'm going to work, I'll be back in eight hours". He acted like everything was okay, and gave me a kiss goodbye. As usual, I was asked to stay an hour later at work. Finally, my exhausting day ended and I was looking forward to coming home to my boyfriend and sleeping the rest of the night away. It was quite late, so I made sure I was quiet entering the apartment. I turned on the light and there he was, standing in the middle of the hallway. His arms crossed, looking at me like I just committed a murder.

"Where were you?" he asked.

I stood there with a small smirk on my face, thinking he was messing around. I realized he was being serious and just stared at him.

"I sent you a message saying I was going to be at work later", I replied.

He charged at me and threw his phone directly at my face.

"Tell me where you see a text of you saying that", he spoke in a calm voice.

My nose had started bleeding and I started to cry. I had never seen him act like that before and I was extremely scared by then.

"Pick it up", he said.

I slowly picked up his phone, watching his every move. At that point, my nose was pouring out blood and couldn't be held in anymore. I slowly approached him and returned his phone to him. I tried to walk past him, but that wasn't a pleasant idea. He yanked me by the hair and screamed at me for breaking his phone, although he threw it at me to begin with.

"Who were you with?" he asked.

"Baby, I wasn't with anybody else", I replied softly.

He punched me in the stomach which made me fall into the chairs in the kitchen. I struggled to breathe, I felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I was in a fetal position, hugging myself to try and not think about the pain I was in. He just stood there and laughed at my pain.

"Good night, stupid bitch" were his exact words after that. I spent the night on the kitchen floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if you don't like it.. keep in mind I wrote this when I was sixteen when I wrote most of this