Between the Sword and the Wall

Birthday Present

- Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Andy – Alaina kissed his son to wake him up, he noticed her mom singing but he didn’t want to open his eyes– Come on honey, you have to go to school, you’re not going to fool me today – Alaina started tickling him until he couldn’t resist and laughed.

- Mom! Fine fine I’m awake

- Okay get dress quickly, I’ll make your favourite breakfast – Andrew got out of the bed and started celebrating while Alaina left his room and went to the kitchen to made chocolate chips pancakes with orange juice and some biscuits – Andy it’s ready!

- Coming! – He run to the kitchen – How do I look mom?

Alaina turned around to see her child; she was shocked for a couple seconds. Every year that passed he looked more like his father

- Honey…you look gorgeous – She hugged and kissed him. Andrew sat and ate his nice breakfast – And, how is it?

- Delicious mommy, thanks

- You’re welcome – Once they were both finished they got their last things ready, Alaina left her son at school and then she went to the hospital where she worked.

- Nurse Collins, glad you’re here I need help with patient in room 253, he’s not taking his medicine…

- Unless I give it to him right?

- Always so efficient – Said the doctor with a satisfactory smile.

- Thanks for the compliment Dr. Harrison - said with that nice nurse smile, she had used it so many times over the years that it looked natural and sincere even if she was totally broke. She left the dressing room and went straight to the 253 room – Good morning sir, you are not taking your medicine again huh?

- They wanted to give me other medicine I know that, you won’t give me those right? Just the good ones

- Of course, just the good ones – Alaina gave the pills with a motherly smile and the man took the pills with no doubt, the rest of the morning continued very busy until lunch time.

- So today is Andy’s birthday? – Annalee sat in front of her.

- Yes it is

- Tell him I send my regards

- I’ll thanks

- So… are you giving him that gift? – Alaina took a deep breath and nodded – God he’s going to be so excited

- Yeah I hope so – said with a blank stare.

At six o’ clock Alaina was ready to get back home, first she went to pick up her mother, Elizabeth, and his older brother, Jared. Once they got to Alaina’s flat Andrew was already there watching TV

- Granny! Uncle J! – The little boy ran to hug them.

- Happy birthday my dear grandson!

- You’re a big boy now, Happy birthday Andy

- Thanks!

- How is the birthday boy, did you have fun at school?

- School is boring mom, but I had lots of gift

- And you are still missing ours

- I’m excited for them!

- I know honey but let’s have dinner first – After dinner Alaina brought a delicious Chocolate cake , they sang happy birthday to Andrew and then his most expected time of the day, gifts!

- I hope you like it – Elizabeth gave a rectangle box wrapped in a blue gift paper, Andrew opened it with enthusiasm, it was a nice collection of Lego.

- Wow granny this is amazing thank you! – He kissed gratefully his grandmother; right away Jared gave him his gift.

- You’re going to be the coolest guy with this gift – Andrew’s eyes shone and he unwrapped the gift violently.

- A penny board! Cool! – He hugged Uncle Jared and then she looked at me wondering what my gift was.

- Well, I’m not going to take full credit of these gift, Matt helped me to get it, so you’ll have to thank him later

- Okay – He said trying to hide his reluctantly, Matthew was Alaina’s boyfriend for a couple months, he was a well-known trainer so he works with a lot of celebrities, he was a nice guy but Andrew never sympathized with him.

- I hope you enjoy this honey – I hugged him strongly and gave him an envelope, he opened with intrigue and read it, a huge smile suddenly appeared on his face, he was happiness in person.

- This…this is awsome! Am I really going to BBC studios!?

- Of course you’re going Andy – He jumped to her mother with excitement – It’s a tour you’ll have a lot of fun

- Thanks a lot mom this is the best gift ever!

- Hey what about mine?!

He laughed looking at Jared – I also loved your gift, I’ll start practising right now! – Andrew took his gifts and went to his room, Alaina looked at him with happiness, but she was still worried.

- Take a deep breath sis and stop worrying so much

- I know, he won’t even be there I don’t know why I’m so neurotic about it

- How do you know he won’t be there darling? – asked Elizabeth confused.

- I looked it on the internet, he’s in New Zealand

- So he definitely won’t be in the studios

- Exactly, Benedict Cumberbatch will not see my son.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse my spelling, hope you like this new story!!