Status: Complete

Last Flight Home

7/7

It's been a week since that bar performance, and Jack and Alex are practically joined at the hips.

They had met each other's parents, met each other's friends, and eventually became a cover band with Rian and Zack.

"Hey Alex, when are you gonna tell Ja-"

"Shut up Rian." Alex snapped, as he rolled up cords and put them away. Practice for the day was over, Jack having head home a couple minutes earlier.

"If you like him so much then just tell him, Alex. He likes you too!" Rian continued, and Alex shook his head to himself.

No way, despite being close friends, neither of the have gotten close to mentioning their sexuality, and Alex was pretty darn sure that Jack was straight.

"Shut up!" Alex groaned, and turned around to put the dirty plates into the kitchen and stopped when he saw Jack standing in the doorway.

"Oh shit." Alex said, plates nearly slipping from his grip.

Jack quickly walked past Alex, movements almost robotic. Alex stood still as Jack handed Rian a twenty dollar note. The shorter boy then remembered how Jack had said he went out to his car to grab his wallet to pay Rian back for something.

Alex mentally kicked himself.

******

"Alex, please come out of your room! It's been three days!" Alex's mum pleaded through the door, and Alex just rolled over in bed. He was sulking, and his band knew why.

"There's someone here to see you."

Alex groaned, and rolled over to face the ceiling, brown hair flopping over his eyes.

"Who?" Alex croaked out, trying to make his hair lie flat.

"It's me, Alex."

Jack.

Alex heard his mum's feet walk away, and he knew Jack was waiting outside.

"Are you gonna let me in?" Jack asked, and Alex sighed before standing up. He looked down and saw he was only wearing boxers, and pulled on a pair of jeans he found on the floor.

He twisted the look on his door and pulled the door open, motioning for Jack to come inside.

Jack raised an eyebrow at Alex, and the shorter boy realised he wasn't wearing a shirt.

Oh well.

"So uh, hey." Alex said, after shutting the door. Jack was standing in the middle of the room, eyes scanning the band posters stuck to the walls.

"Hey." Jack could see Alex was a little awkward, and bent down to grab a shirt off the floor and handed it to Alex.

After he was actually dressed, the two sat on the bed, shoulders touching and Jack sighed.

"Alex, I heard what you said that day." Alex wrung his hands together, looking at his bare feet.

"I just wanted to say that I like you too."

Alex's heard jerked up, and his eyes met Jack's.

"You're serious?" Alex asked slowly, and Jack nodded, grinning that stupid grin that Alex loves but will never admit.

"Dead serious."

"But I thought-"

"That I was straight?" Jack butted in, and Alex nodded, blush finding its way to his cheeks. "I'm bi."

Alex looked down again, feeling like a huge idiot.

In a matter of minutes the found themselves lying side by side on Alex's bed, fingers linked together between them.

"Alex?" Alex turned when he heard Jack's voice in the quiet room, his eyes met by a brown pair staring right back at him.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Jack asked, and Alex grinned before nodding.

"I thought you'd never ask."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK SO. I took a much needed hiatus from writing and decided to end this story here. I feel horrible for the shitty ending, but that's all I could think of.

If you're reading this now, that means you've stuck around long enough and I'd like to thank you for reading this crappy story. xoxo