‹ Prequel: Remedy

One Mississippi, Two Mississippi

Going To The Chapel Of Love

“Callie Grace Jones!” Callie jumped awake, startled, hand on her chest as Kelly, Courtney and Christy walked into the bedroom. She narrowed her eyes at them and eyed the bag in Christy's hand suspiciously. Christy held the bag up and said, “I come bearing breakfast. A smoothie and a bagel.”

“Why are you here?” Callie asked curiously, making the girls laugh. She rolled her eyes, “Not that I mind, I'm just very confused.”

“What you thought I'd miss this?” Christy asked, making Courtney and Kelly simultaneously elbow her in the sides. Turning to look at Courtney she asked, “What the hell was that for?”

“Miss what?” Callie asked her, looking at all three of them.

Christy's eyes widened, “Oh! You haven't told her yet.”

“No dumby, we haven't. It's a surprise.” Courtney told her, making Callie put two fingers in her mouth and whistle loudly. Catching their attention Courtney covered her ears and asked, “Jeez was that really necessary?”

Nodding Callie said, “Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on?”

Courtney sat beside Callie on the bed, took the bag of food and the smoothie from Christy's hands and placed them in Callie's, before she told her, “Well... you see... Jamie enlisted our help.”

“For?”

“Hurry up and eat.” Christy told her, making Callie narrow her eyes before she pulled the bagel out of the bag and took a bite.

She turned to Courtney then and waited impatiently for an answer. Courtney struggled with her words before she said, “Well... at one this afternoon we're taking you to church.”

“Why?” Callie asked, taking a sip of her smoothie, thankful that Christy remembered that pineapple and mango was her favorite.

“Because you and Jamie are getting married today.” Callie choked, nearly spitting her drink all over the clean grey comforter.

Courtney patted her back gently until Callie stopped coughing and turned with wide eyes, “Say what now?”

“Yeah see this is why I didn't think this whole surprise wedding thing was a good idea.” Kelly stated, making Callie laugh.

When all three girls looked at her with raised eyebrows Callie explained, “You would tell me you had nothing to do with this.”

Kelly grinned, “Yeah well, you know me.”

Before anyone could reply the door opened and Kara came barrelling through with a garment bag in hand, “I got it! I got it!”

“Oh thank god!” Courtney stated, reaching out to take the bagel and smoothie from Callie's hands. She set them on the nightstand and yanked Callie to her feet, pushing her toward the bathroom. Once Callie was in the bathroom she told her, “Shower. We're gonna get the dress ready, and everything ready for you. Hurry up because we have to be at the church in 3 hours.”

“Wait! Who has the baby?!” Callie asked, suddenly realizing she hadn't heard any crying since she had been woken up.

“Jamie has him. Don't worry.” Kelly told her, making her sigh in relief.

Courtney shoved her further into the bathroom and closed the door behind her, and Callie finally let reality sink in. Jamie really planned a surprise wedding, she was really getting married. Suddenly she felt like she might puke, she looked at herself in the mirror, ran her hands through her hair and took a few deep breaths in and out slowly. She heard Courtney yell out, “I don't hear that shower on!”

Callie rolled her eyes, took in another breath and reached in to turn the shower on. She stripped out of her pyajamas and then she stepped into the shower. She turned the water as hot as she could stand it, and despite being told to hurry she took her time. She knew Courtney was likely pacing outside the bathroom door and that made her go even slower. Eventually she got out, wrapped a towel around herself and one around her head, and she chuckled upon finding a silk robe sitting folded on the counter. She slipped it on and stepped out of the bathroom to find Courtney and Kara fussing over the dress that she'd never even seen yet.

“Alright, so moment of truth. What do you think?” They both stepped aside and Callie found herself staring at a near exact copy of the dress she had been looking at before Jaron was even in the picture. The only difference was that the lace straps had been turned into full length sleeves, but it was the same long dress that flared out only the slightest at the hips. She couldn't help but smile. Courtney nodded and said, “Good. Time to do your hair.”

Callie managed to sit still while her sisters and Kara fussed over her hair, drying, straightening and then curling it. They were currently tying it back into a low bun, and pulling pieces free around her face, when Courtney disappeared. When she came back she was carrying a small box, and she placed it on the bed in front of Callie, who opened it slowly and found the silver clip fastened with pearls inside. She looked up at Courtney and then at Christy, “Is this...?”

Christy nodded, “The one mom wore.”

“I thought we lost it.” Callie stated, as she stared at it.

Courtney shook her head, took it from her and placed it in her hair, before telling her, “We found it a few months ago in the garage. Cal... she'd be so proud of you, she really would be.”

“We thought that you should have a piece of her today.” Christy told her, reaching out to smooth out a piece of hair.

“Alright as much as I love these sentimental moments we really do have to get a move on, we have a wedding to get you to on time for once in your life.”

- - -

“How ya feeling Mrs. Benn?” Callie laughed when Tyler took the empty spot beside her at the front table, drink in his hand. He placed a champagne glass in front of her and said, “It's ginger ale, don't worry.”

She smiled and thanked him, taking a drink before responding, “I'm great. How are you?”

Tyler shrugged, “Can't complain. You have a lot of good looking friends.”

Callie rolled her eyes before she looked over at a group of her friends from work, she then turned to Tyler and told him, “The blonde over there, in the purple dress? Her name is Amelia, I have it under good authority that she thinks you're cute. Be nice.”

Tyler grinned, got up and as he was walking away he turned to her and said, “I knew you were my favorite WAG for a reason.”

He walked away, Callie laughed, and Jamie dropped into the chair beside her that Tyler had previously occupied. He raised an eyebrow at her and Callie explained, “apparently I make a good wing woman.”

Jamie smiled and nodded, before he glanced around the reception and told her, “I hope you're not mad. I just knew that you didn't want to do all the planning yourself, and Courtney came up with the idea of just planning it all for you.”

Callie shook her head at him, “No, it was perfect. Really.”

“I can't believe we pulled this off.” Jamie stated with a grin, making Callie smile and nod.

She looked around the reception room, everyone seemed to be laughing and having fun, which made her happy. They had set up a small dance floor, it was already full thanks to Jamie's teammates, Stars and even some old teammates from his WHL days. Her eyes caught both her sisters, with Nate and Mike, and Courtney sent her a wink that made Callie stick her tongue out at her. Christy laughed, which caught both Nate and Mike's attention, and suddenly one of them had his phone out taking pictures of the two girls sticking their tongues out.

Jamie shook his head in amusement and leaned into Callie, lips just above her ear, to tell her, “I love you, and I'm so glad you're my wife.”

“I love you too, and I'm more than glad you're my husband.” Callie told him, resting her head on his shoulder she turned to watch Tyler talking to Amelia. When she smiled and slid her hand into his and pulled him toward the door Tyler turned back to Callie and grinned. Callie gave him the thumbs up, and then said, “Totally the best wing woman out there.”

Jamie let out a laugh and told her, “You know anything with boobs and a half decent face is Tyler's type right?”

“This isn't gonna be a hook up.” Callie told him, and when he laughed again she shook her head and said, “You watch Jamie, Tyler will have a girlfriend by the all star break.”

“My wife the dreamer.”

“Wanna bet on it?” Callie asked him, eyebrow raised.

“You're on. A month worth of night time baby duty.” Jamie told her, making Callie hold her hand out for him to shake. He shook his head in amusement but shook her hand anyway.

“Hate to break up whatever it is that's going on here but I think someone misses his mommy.” Courtney told her, holding a fussing Jaron out to the couple.

Callie took him from his aunt and spoke softly to him, “Hi baby, I know, I know aunty Courtney is scary.”

Jamie laughed, Courtney narrowed her eyes and pointed at Callie, “Don't make me regret helping with all this.”

“You never would.” Jamie told her, making Courtney shrug.

“True.”

Callie bounced Jaron in her arms gently and kissed his head, before she leaned into Jamie and kissed him gently, “I really love you.”

“I love you too, and him. Thank you.” Jamie told her, making Callie look up at him with a raised eyebrow. He explained, “Thank you for marrying me, for giving me him. For putting up with me. Thank you for being you, and being in my life.”

With watering eyes Callie leaned up and kissed him again, and when they pulled apart Jamie took his thumbs and wiped away the tears that had slipped out, before Callie told him, “I love you so much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this took FOREVER.

But this is the conclusion for the Callie and Jamie story (for now, I may decide in the future to do another story but this is it for now) I wanted to end it now because I didn't want to keep dragging it out with few updates and have the story become too long and too boring.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me for this very long ride, I appreciated all the comments and subscribers, and I'll be sure to let y'all know when if I decide to make this into a three part.