Sequel: From Where You Are.

I Will Always Love You.

7

It didn't take long to get to the arena from the Harter home. Lisa, Ray, Bridgette, Mark, Travis, Gracie, and baby Thomas were all packed in Lisa's minivan while myself, Ashley, Benjamin, and Josh were in our rental SUV. When we got to the arena and started to walk up to it, all I could hear was Ray complaining about being there.
"Why the hell do I have to be here anyway? This shit is all fake anyways."
"Ray, you should want to be here to support your son." I heard Lisa say. Ray just laughed.
"If my son had an actually career then I would support him." I could see Josh getting pissed off. Oh, calm down, baby, calm down. "Bullshit job" I saw him as he turned to Ray with the most pissed off look ever. Uh oh.
"YOU KNOW WHAT DAD? WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE YOUR ASS BACK HOME! I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF YOUR SHIT ABOUT MY JOB! I LOVE WHAT I DO AND I MAKE GOOD MONEY AT IT! I NEVER FUCKING WANTED TO BE A PART OF YOUR DUMB ASS FOOTBALL TEAM ANYWAYS! MY ULTIMATE GOAL WAS THE AIRFORCE AND I GOT SCREWED OUT OF THAT BUT I LOVE WHAT I DO NOW MORE THAN THAT! SO EITHER WALK THE HELL BACK HOME OR SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP!"
Everybody grew silent and their eyes grew wide. I had not seen Josh like this in a really long time. Ray quickly went quiet but I noticed Ashley getting pissed. Don't do it, Ashley. Don't do it. Ashley went over to Josh and smacked him so hard in the face it could be heard far away and you could see the mark right after.
"DON'T TALK TO YOUR DAD LIKE THAT JOSHUA HARTER! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW DISRESPECTFUL THAT IS? YOU'RE REALLY TRYING MY PATIENCE TODAY!" she yelled in her screechy voice.
I saw Josh get pissed off to the max but he just turned away before he did something he regretted. Josh was a lover not a fighter. He was always raised well enough to respect and not hit a woman. He continued walking ahead of us, just a bit faster and walked into the building heading towards the MCMG locker room. I soon caught up to him and walked into the MCMG locker room after him. I noticed he was alone and he was shirtless. Oh dear God.
"Oh woah. Um. sorry Joshy." I said. He scratched his head and put on a tanktop.
"Nah, you're good Jamie." he said sighed as he looked up. I could see Ashley's handmark on his face.
"Oh my goodness, she really took a toll on ya, huh?" I said walking up and rubbing his face where she hit him.
"It's no big deal." He said putting his head down but my hand was still there.
"No big deal? Josh, she's your future wife, she's supposed to be supporting all of your decisions. It's weird to me how much she defends your dad." I said rubbing his face a little feeling him calm beneath my touch. He sighed and looked up to me.
"I know. She does support me for the most part and she's always been like that. I never really bothered to wonder why." He said looking into my eyes. His eyes looking into mine made me feel like a high school girl again. This man always made my heart melt with his gorgeous blue eyes.
"Maybe you should." I said looking back.
We stayed looking into each other's eyes for I don't know how long. I was home when I was looking into his beautiful eyes. For the past six years, there was always something missing. I was now figuring it out again. It was my other half. My other puzzle piece to make me complete. My Joshy. I had given him my heart a long time ago and it would always be his. Josh ended up moving his hand and touching mine that was resting on his face and he squeezed mine. It was all over. I needed this man. I needed to feel his soft sweet lips against mine. I was just about to dive in for it.
"Hey Josh, man, Jeff needs to talk to us about the match." Patrick said bursting in making Josh pull back from me. Josh cleared his throat and looked at Patrick.
"Uh yeah. I'm coming man." He said as he got up. "I'll see you later, Jamie." He said leaving the room with Patrick.
I just sighed and sat down on the couch. Emotions quickly came over me. How could I ever let him slip through my fingers? How could I let someone I love so much be with her? She's a great friend and all but she doesn't deserve him. He's mine! Joshua Harter has always been mine. I claimed him a long time ago. I burst out into tears overwhelming myself with these thoughts and emotions.

'Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died every day
waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

Time stands still
beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything
Take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath,
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died every day
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

And all along I believed
I would find you
Time has brought
Your heart to me
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

I have died every day
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid,
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more

And all along I believed
I would find you
Time has brought
Your heart to me
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I'll love you for a
Thousand more'