Sequel: From Where You Are.

I Will Always Love You.

8

*Josh*
We had just gotten back to the mansion that I shared with Ashley and Benjamin. We lived in Columbus, Ohio which was about three and a half hours from where I grew up and about an hour and a half from where Ashley grew up. It was the perfect city for a home. It wasn't Detroit, but as long as I was away from my dad, it was okay in my book. My dad had been on my case for years. He always wanted me and my brother Travis to follow in his footsteps and work for the family business. We weren't going to have it though.
Travis ended up going to a local technical college after graduation and pursued his degree in criminal justice. He'd always wanted to be a detective but with great jobs like that you have to start at the bottom of the totem pole. That's the reason he was a security guard at the Detroit Arsenal. The Detroit Arsenal happened to be an army base in Warren, MI. He loved it there for the time being. He made great money and he had a wonderful family.
My mind was always set on the airforce. I went into that for about a year then got too injured to be in the military and I came home to pursue my other love. Wrestling. I flew back and stayed in Canada as I went to wrestling school. I went through about four years of wrestling school and wrestling in the indies before I was called up to TNA. During my journey, I met Ashley who'd been doing the same thing as me but at the same time she was a single mother.
I was attracted to her right away. She was beautiful and smart. She was also driven. She was determined to be a wrestler, something she'd always wanted to do, while raising her son. I met her at a show one night and we got along right away. We started talking and decided to travel together to save money. She was someone I could relate to and everything and when she introduced me to Benjamin, I fell in love. Over the past few years, he and I had grown very close and I feel like a father to him.
I was broken from my thoughts when I heard Benjamin running through the house with his Superman and Batman action figures. The boy loved his superheros more than anything. Everything he owned was Batman and Superman. His room, his clothes, everything. I got up from my chair.
"Slow down champ. You're gonna get hurt buddy." I said.
"Yes sir." He said walking off through the back door to the back yard.
I walked into the kitchen to see my pregnant girlfriend sitting up at the bar and my ex-girlfriend standing there cooking something while they gossiped. I walked up behind Ashley and puts my arms around her pregnant belly and kissed her head. She smiled and nuzzled up against me.
"What are you ladies talking about?" I asked not letting go of Ashley.
"Just girl stuff." Jamie said as she stirred whatever there was in the pot.
"Jamie was inviting us to come to her home in Waterbury, CT soon, baby." Ashley said. "I didn't know you'd been there with her before." She added.
"Oh yeah. That's been a long time ago, sweetheart." I said.
' "Okay, so you guys haven't told me much about your past. Were you friends or was there more?" Ashley asked. Shit. I looked up at Jamie who was looking back at me. Neither of us knew what to say. We knew with Ashley being so emotional that she could snap but we also knew if we didn't tell the truth it would come back to haunt us later.
"Okay, listen Ashley. I want to say this but I don't want you to get mad. It's in the past and means nothing now." I said and then looked at Jamie. I could see pain in her eyes. Shit. I hated that look. Pain in those gorgeous eyes and I put it there. I sighed. "Listen Ashley, Jamie and I used to date. We were high school sweethearts in fact. She was my first love and nothing can change that." I finished. I looked back up at Jamie who gave me a little half smile. I did the same back.
"That's sweet." Ashley smiled. "I'm glad you two can still be friends now." She got up from the seat she'd been sitting in and then she picked up a few things for the dinner and walked out the back door to the patio where we were going to eat our lunch. I then saw her sit down and start playing on her phone.
"Look, Jamie. When I said it meant nothing, I really didn't mean it." I said to her.
"It's fine, Josh." She said as she began to pick up something and walk towards the door. I grabbed her and pinned her against the counter top and looked her deep in the eyes. I could feel both of our breaths hitching. I lifted her chin making sure she was looking me in the eyes.
"No it's not, Jamie. I took you for granted once before and I don't want that to happen again." I said softly. She swallowed hard and took a second.
"You have a girlfriend and a baby on the way, Josh." She whispered to me. Her hands were on my biceps.
"That doesn't change my feelings." I replied to her. She sighed and her eyes looked down. "I love you, Jamie." I said making her look up at me. God, I wanted to kiss her.
"I love you too, Josh." She said as she pulled me into her kissing me passionately. This was home. This was where I needed to be. The next move I made needed to happen. I quickly picked her up, putting her legs around my waist. I needed this woman and I needed her now.
As I was walking up the stairs, she was constantly fooling with me. Her legs being around me caused us to be really close so she kept on moving her lower half up and down on me making me want her even more. I hadn't been this turned on in a really long time.
We quickly made it to the bedroom as I started peeling off our clothes. She was constantly teasing me as she rubbed against my lower section with hers. I needed her right now. I couldn't take it anymore. I quickly got us both undressed and then it was time to go to work. I positioned myself right above her perfect body and made my way in.'
"JOSH!" I heard Ashley yell. I was awoken.
"What?" I came back. I must have been having a really good day dream. Jamie chuckled.
"We were talking and all of a sudden we saw you sit there and you started to drool." She laughed again.
"Shit. Sorry. Lack of sleep I guess." I said. "I'm gonna go start on the burgers." I said as I headed to the backyard and out to the grill.
*Inside the house, Jamie*
"Has Josh been acting funny to you lately?" Ashley looked at me and asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"He's distant from me and is acting weird." She replied.
"He's a man." I replied kinda covering up for him. I noticed the same. It was time I talked to him again and see what's wrong.
"Yeah. I guess. I hope he's not backing out of the wedding or being Benjamin's father." She said. "I need his support." The way she said that just hit me wrong. Need his support?
"Need his support? Is that all you're using him for? Money? You know Josh loves Benjamin as if he were his son." I said.
"I know and no not just for money. That part does help though." She replied.
"You are unbelievable, Ashley." I replied.
"I'm just saying, Jamie." She replied.
"Whatever." I said walking into the backyard with Josh and Benjamin.
Benjamin was running around the yard with the dogs and his favorite action figures while Josh was grilling the burgers. He looked like something was bothering him, I just didn't know what it was.
"Josh." I said putting a hand on his shoulder. This caused him to jump since he didn't see me coming from behind.
"Dammit, Jamie." He said turning around.
"I'm sorry." I replied. "Are you okay?" Josh sighed and ran his hands through his hair.
"I don't know how much longer I can do this." He said then he walked out to the gate and out of the backyard. I really don't know what he means. I'm scared.
I'm standing on a bridge
I'm waiting in the dark
I thought that you'd be here by now
There's nothing but the rain
No footsteps on the ground
I'm listening but there's no sound

Isn't anyone trying to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
'Cause nothing's going right
And everything's a mess
And no one likes to be alone

Isn't anyone trying to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

Oh why is everything so confusing
Maybe I'm just out of my mind
Yeah-he-yaa, yeah-he-yah, yeah-he-yah, yeah-he-yah, yeah!

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you
I'm with you...