Status: let's see xx

Have You Ever Known?

prologue

“What’re you guys looking at?” I said, shutting the door with my foot when I entered the flat I shared with my best friend. They—Dani and Louis, her boyfriend—were in the kitchen counter, looking at what I assume photos.

I was actually surprised to see them here. The moment her boyfriend set his feet back to London from his yet another successful tour, she practically lives in his place again. I didn’t mind it, here or not; I love a good company and being alone.

“You scared me, A!” She glared, bringing her hand to her chest. I chuckled but didn’t say anything more and walked towards them.

“Good to see you again, Lou.”

“You too, Amelia.” Louis smirked. He still calls me my full name, which I always tell him not to, but I have a feeling that’s why.

I rolled my eyes, walking straight past them to get a water bottle in the refrigerator. After drinking, I set it down on the counter and sat on one of the stools where they’re still looking at the photos.

“I like this one, you look neat,” Dani said, handing it to Louis, he inspected it, and simply nodded.

I snatched one, confirming that it’s pictures. Pictures from a shoot the boys have done recently. The one Dani didn’t shut up about because she insisted Louis looks so attractive there.

It appears that Louis didn’t just bring his, because the picture I’m holding isn’t him.

Harry was wearing a varsity jacket over denim polo and brown pants. His hair’s in its natural curly state and he wasn’t smiling, but still looks gorgeous as hell.

“Harry’s kinda cute,” I stated mindlessly. When I realized what I just said, I inspected my friends’ looks, the one smirking and the other beaming and giving me an “I knew it!” look.

I shrunk in my seat, but tried so hard to keep it cool. “What, you all look fine here! No big deal!” I defended, convincing them but from the looks they’re giving me, they didn’t buy it.

Exasperated, I set the picture down and gulped half the water remaining. “So it’s no big deal if I tell Harry what you told us?” Louis asked teasingly and I want to hit him so hard he can’t keep the smirk on his stupid face after.

“Don’t you dare,” I said, slamming my fist on the tiled counter, which hurt but isn’t my first concern to think of.

We all heard knocks on the front door, but I was too busy glaring at Louis even when he turned his gaze to follow Dani opening the door and see who it is, to check myself who came in.

Then he turned back to me, his smirk even wider.

“Hey Haz,” he said, still looking at me. Instantly, I looked over Dani, who’s giving me an apologetic look—which I fought the urge to roll my eyes at, and saw the wild curls her head couldn’t cover.

My mind was racing.

I always catch myself in a lot of bad timings. An awful lot, that I stopped myself from counting when I walked in on Lou and Dani making out on the couch.

But it turns out, Harry was even worse.

There he was, in an all black and ugly boots, hair disheveled looking as handsome anyone can be, smiling at us and striding to know the secret I’ve kept in the longest time—a record I beat myself in keeping secrets I wasn’t aware I had until now—about to be exposed by Louis Tomlinson.

“Perfect timing,” Oh, the irony. I really wanted to strangle Louis at this point, “Amelia here,” he patted my shoulder as I cringed, “and I were just talking about something.”

My heart was beating so fast in an irregular heart rate, I think I was having a heart attack.

He was looking at us—Louis and I—curiously, waiting for him to go on.

“But let’s head out, I’m starving,” Louis broke the intense staring we were all having. Harry gave a look, but didn’t question anymore and a huge weight was lifted off me, giving out a breath I didn’t know I was holding back.

“Like a double date,” he said throwing his arm over me, the other on Harry as Dani laughed beside us.

Knowing Louis, I should have known I spoke too soon. Then the weight on my back was there again, literally and figuratively.

And that was just the start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello hello hellooooooooooo, it's been a while.

Good things ahead, yeah? I promise I'll start posting chapters of this after a few more chapters written ahead and when I proofread the first parts. Learned my lesson now this time, eh?

But first, I'd like to know what you guys think about it! Go or no go?

Subscribe and all that. :)