Status: let's see xx

Have You Ever Known?

surprise, surprise

Planning things months before it’s happening has always been my thing. Growing up, I’ve been carrying around lists I’ve made—written or in my head. I always believe that it’s nice to plot what I have and need to do. I like being in control. I don’t like impulsive.

“Can you please explain to me again why I’m coming with you, guys?” I spun around, facing Dani who was busy putting clothes in my luggage.

…until now.

I didn’t plan this trip. Actually, I haven’t had the slightest idea of this getaway trip my best friend apparently planned to go to—with me, until thirty minutes ago, which is why I’m hesitant.

“Think of it as a getaway, Amelia!” She exclaimed as I rolled my eyes. “This would be fun, plus Lou said the guys don’t mind.” She shrugged and walked towards our bathroom to grab toiletries.

Right, the guys.

Dani and Louis have been in a relationship since forever, I don’t remember the time anymore that they weren’t. I’ve met the guys she’s referring to, having them come over and us going to their concerts and we can tolerate and have fun with each other—we’re okay.

“Well, did he say that I could come too?” It was a stupid question and both Dani and I know that. Her scoff echoed in the bathroom, “Of course, Amie. That’s automatic, as if you don’t know.”

“Fine,” I sat on the edge of my bed like a whiny little girl. Amused, Dani sat beside me, folding my clothes to fit that luggage as fast as she could. “Why are you in a hurry, it’s not like they’re coming to pick us up in an hour.” I rolled my eyes and stood up in front of my dresser where a mirror is hanging, cringing at the sight of my messy bun.

“Actually, they are,” she chuckled nervously. “What?!” I instantly looked at her as she sheepishly nodded.

“Why wasn’t I informed about this? I just agreed to this trip, like what,” I shouted flailing my arms everywhere, “forty five minutes ago?!” Dani laughed at me, “Well, if you don’t start helping me pack your bloody things and forget something you might want to wear there, don’t blame me.”

I stomped one of my foot, but helped her. This time, I’m trying to remember my checklist of things I bring during vacations in my head. I pretty much dumped everything I want and Dani trying to fit everything in.

We finished packing just in time there was a knock on the door. “It must be Lou!” She giggled and went out to let him in. I heard muffled but deep voices on the other side of the door, then my name was called. I paused in front of the mirror to release my untamed hair, leaving it wavy.

I rolled my luggage near the door beside Dani’s things then went to the kitchen. I found my best friend under Louis’ arm and a mop of curls with his back in front of me, across from them.

“Hi Lou,” I waved to Lou and in return, he gave me a salute with his free hand. I turned to the boy now beside me, “Hi Harry.” He gave me a smile, dimples showing.

Those dimples took my mind back to the moment I’ve had this silly crush on him. I tried not making a big deal out of it, because it’s not, but when Dani and Louis found that out by accident, I knew it had to stop.

Actually, I didn’t have a plan on telling a single soul about it until the time I slipped on commenting, something when Lou showed samples of their pictures from a shoot. They both gave each other knowing looks and I instantly regretted those words coming out of my mouth.

They gave me shit for it, telling the boys—“Amie fancies Harry,” like it’s no big deal—except Harry, and teasing me to him has been an inside joke ever since.

Dani scoffed, breaking me from my thoughts, “Don’t I get to receive a hi too?”

I turned to face her, “Not after you harassed me from all that packing.” I received a laugh from the boys as she laughed, crossing her arms, “Please, you only helped after I told you they’ll pick us up after an hour.”

“Uh, maybe that’s why I only helped,” I shrugged, “besides, I didn’t receive the memo of the trip an hour and a half ago. You know how I feel about unplanned things.”

That’s the difference between Dani and I. As I go around with my lists, she just shows up unplanned. I think of things deeply, weigh in the effects of my actions and she just makes abrupt decisions before thinking about it. She’s social and wild while I rather want to be unnoticed and timid. We’re the exact opposites, but that’s how we work.

“You know how our song says, live while we’re young!” Louis chirped in as Dani’s arm smacked his chest, but still chuckled. “Ow!” He cried, “What was that for?!”

“Maybe for being too corny,” Harry smirked.

“You’re the one to talk, Haz!” The other boy retorted.

I watched how the three of them interacted, smiling. Besides the fact that this trip could be a recipe for disaster, maybe it wasn’t so bad after all.

“Alright, young ones,” Dani said, removing herself from Louis’ body, “let’s get this show on the road.”

“Did you really just say that?!”

“What’s wrong with it, Amelia?” She countered as I rolled my eyes, “you sound like my mom.”

Her face fell, “You did not just say that!

I chuckled, “Just did.”

Louis broke our bickering, telling us we’re the young ones, and Harry agreed laughing. This time, both of us smacked the boys’ arms at the same time. “Aw!” Both of them shouted, rubbing their arms where we’ve hit them.

Dani and I high fived and laughed like we’ve read each other’s minds. She linked her arm around me and we walked near the door. “You boys move slow!” She shouted as they groaned walking towards us.

“Let’s get ready to rumble!” Louis shouted, trying to imitate Michael Buffer as we all laughed and followed him towards the vehicle that will take us to where we need to be.

I was sat at the back with Harry.

I complained at Dani and Louis, saying that I know how their minds work—because I do, but deep inside, I know I like it. He isn’t as sassy as Louis and as loud as Dani and I can sense that he’s comfortable with the silence embracing us at the back as much as I am.

“Where are the others?” I asked him as I saw how he cleared a level on the game he was playing on his phone. He closed the app, “They met at Zayn’s place and we’ll meet them there,” he said as he looked in my eyes and plugging earphones on his ears.

Gently admiring how his eyes as it glinted just talking, I broke our eye contact, “Oh.”

Then it was just the comfortable silence again.

***

Hot, but I don’t mind, and seeing how all of my friends are smiling, I know they don’t too. The place we’re going to stay at is private and serene, no paparazzi and fans screaming. I’m actually starting to relax at the thought of this trip because of its vibe, calming me.

Then, I heard howling.

“The finest piece of meat has arrived!” Knowing that loud Irish accent, I know very well who just arrived.

“What’s up, finest piece of meat?” I greeted Niall, and trailing not far behind him were Liam and Zayn. “Hello boys.” I waved and sipped water from the bottle I’ve babied ever since arriving here.

When Niall got close enough, he hugged me sideways, “I love how you’re agreeing I’m the finest piece of meat, Pond.” I chuckled winking, “Oh you know why.”

Out of the four boys—Louis not included, Niall and I are the closest. It started after we were both sat down on my usual Doctor Who marathon when Dani was out with Louis, and he wants me to babysit—that's the term Louis told me—him.

He found it rather amusing, ended up loving the show and calling me Pond—Amelia Pond. But only if I agree he’d be my Eleven because he’s claiming I have this sudden urge to jump him.

“Where are your companions on the way here, Pond?” Niall questioned sitting on one of the stools. “Louis and Dani fell asleep when we arrived, Harry’s getting ready, we volunteered to do some grocery shopping.”

Next to Niall, Harry, probably.

As if on cue, Harry entered the kitchen hugging Niall, “Where are Zayn and Liam?” Niall shrugged, “Nice to see you too, mate.” Harry rolled his eyes, which Niall ignored, “Maybe in their rooms now. I’m just checking on my Pond.”

Harry looked at me then laughed, shaking his head, “Do you want to come with us? We’re heading to the store.”

Niall looked at Harry’s face, then studied mine, “Like an old married couple, eh?” Harry and I both rolled our eyes, “Nah, but get tons of food, you both know me well to know what I want.”

Harry was aware that we both get teased, but doesn’t have a clue about why, I guess. I think he got used to it as much as I did. And sometimes, we play along, to get reactions out of our friends, and just laugh about it.

“Got it, Doc.” I saluted him with a silly smile.

“Niall calls you ‘Pond’, when did that guy even started watching Doctor Who?” Harry raised a brow, not bothering to give me a glance. He broke the silence a few minutes after we both headed to the grocery store.

Louis and Dani both threw us the responsibility of getting all the food we’d need throughout the trip, claiming that they were both knackered. We both didn’t complain—I didn’t mind—since I know I pretty much slept the entire ride. I happily made my list of what to buy.

“It all started when I was tasked to babysit Niall,” we both chuckled, “when our friends, you know who,” I broke my train of thought, instantly smiling. He just nodded like it’s the most obvious thing in the world—which it is, but I can’t keep off the stupid smile on my face.

He gave me a quick glance, asking me to go on, smiling. “Oh, right,” instantly feeling the heat on my cheeks, “Well, Louis and Dani went out on a date, just before you guys left for the first leg of the tour, and Niall was hanging around Lou’s flat that day. So Lou drove him to our place, while I’m having a marathon, dropped him off then took off with Dani. It’s pretty much like exchange gifts but it’s not,” I laughed a little.

“Why not Rory then?” He wiggled his eyebrows, ‘if you know what I mean’ clear on his action. “Lord, no! I only agreed to that to save his ego,” laughing at the thought.

“Besides, you’re my Rory right?” I wiggled my eyebrows to tease him too. He chuckled, muttering a right.

“Remember the episode before Amy married Rory, she was trying to give him hints, telling him she doesn’t care if it’s just one night stand, Eleven only saying no and he’s 907 years old,” I explained, the confusion on Harry's face still evident.

Rolling my eyes, “Niall likes to think I also think of him that way.”

He gave a funny face that sent me to fits of giggles. I changed my position so that I’m facing him, “I know right,” agreeing to his reaction.

This time, Harry chuckled, “Even you can’t resist the Niall charm.” I rolled my eyes, “Of course I can, he’s just too cute to deny.”

Harry met my eyes, “Cute eh?” I scoffed. “Cute as in like puppy cute,” Harry laughed at this, but agreed.

Then I realized, I always loved talking to Harry. All of our interactions were either light and funny or deep and serious and both, making me see myself smiling after I had conversations with him.

We didn’t have a hard time looking for a parking spot, instantly getting pushcart when the cold artificial air hit our bodies. I retrieved my list from my back pocket as Harry leads the way to the wet section.

“No, Harry, we can’t go there first. We have to follow my list, remember!” I started walking towards the aisle farthest from the refrigerators.

“Ah, the bloody lists, didn’t know you still take it this serious,” he stated while keeping up with me.

“Don’t insult my lists,” I started picking up boxes of cereals and Harry pointing what he wants. I put back the other one and dropped the other, checked cereals on my list and moved to the next.

“You know I don’t like things surprising me,” I continued fulfilling my grocery checklist as Harry’s pushcart filled.

Harry halted, making the items shake in the cart. “No surprises? But where’s the fun in that?!” Harry teased. I playfully rolled my eyes and giving him a goofy smile, “Maybe this trip will do you some good, Amie,” he poked my cheek and I turned to look at him.

Seeing his smile that meets his eyes that lit up the entire store, I scrunched my face, “Maybe it won’t, seeing that it wasn’t in my plans.”

He laughed. “And you say, you’re not reckless,” He said pushing the cart, and starting to walk again. Confused, “I’m not?” I said, ending my statement sounding like a question.

He shook his head, clearly amused, “You agreed to go to an unplanned trip.”

I shrugged, getting a bag of sweets, “It still feels weird, but I figured, a trip with the five most famous and loved boys in the world who sang about what makes me beautiful?” I paused, “Why not!” I tried sounding excited sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes, “Hey!” He placed a hand on his chest, pretending to be offended but his smile after, gave it away. I just laughed and he did the same a few seconds after.

When I didn’t hear his laugh anymore while I’m still looking like a seal clapping and gasping for air while I laugh, I stopped and noticed him staring at me amusingly. “This will be a trip you won’t forget,” he said slowly, as usual.

I think so too.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, hi.

I was talking about this photo on my prologue. So gorgeous as ever. Hah.

Anyway, thank you for subscribing! :) Love lots xx