Status: let's see xx

Have You Ever Known?

gratuitous

Harry won’t take no for an answer.

After Niall whined that he’s so hungover during brunch and we were all consumed by it, Harry told me to change, “We’re going somewhere.”

I tried to protest, clearly comfortable with my pajamas and deciding to stay in bed after that tiring night, but he said he’d drag me out wearing it so I decided to change against my own will.

“Aren’t we going out with them?” I asked Harry who’s sitting on the edge of my bed, waiting for me while I change in the bathroom.

“Nope,” I stepped out, putting on my pair of earrings. I gave him a confused look, but still, he gave no further explanation.

***

We found ourselves at a pier that has a little carnival, after a long walk. Harry had too much knock knock jokes that are too corny he brought up along the way, but I laughed at it anyway.

The pier wasn’t that loud and crowded, unlike the unusual theme parks we’ve been to before. I saw little kids holding their parents’ hand giddily skipping, boyfriend trying to win her girlfriend a stuffed toy and grandparents waiting on benches which made me happy. I almost forgot how these simple things matter.

I also almost forgot I was with Harry, who’s now missing.

“Harry?” I shouted, twirling around, walking fast and scanning the place to look for a blue beanie on a head.

I was too busy looking for Harry when I bumped into someone, instantly falling. When I heard a familiar chuckle, I snapped my head to see whom I bumped into.

He offered me a hand to stand up which I gladly took, “I thought you were missing,” I groaned.

“I thought there were paps,” he smiled sheepishly, “had to hide for a moment, sorry.”

And I almost forgot he was a famous boy band member.

There was one time where I’d been rumored to him, considering that he’s rumored to every girl he’s seen with, and their fans didn’t take it well that Louis had to clarify that I’m his girlfriend’s best friend and Harry’s my friend. It eventually died down, but I think going to a carnival with me, might cause another stir.

“Oh, it’s alright,” I answered, wiping the back of my shorts. “Come on pop star, you owe me ice cream now.”

He playfully rolled his eyes, but didn’t protest. We found an ice cream stand near the dock, and when it was our turn, a guy uninterestingly asked for our order.

“One honeycomb and one double Dutch in cones, please,” I heard him say, pointing at the containers inside.

He gave me a questioning look, wordlessly asking if he got it right, which I answered by simply smiling and nodding. I got a tugging feeling in my stomach which I try not to mind, but it’s hard not to, when the smile on my face can’t seem to diminish.

The guy handed Harry the cones, then handed it to me. I muttered thanks, and we agreed to walk on the long dock. We were silent, which I don’t mind one bit since I’m enjoying—the surroundings, my ice cream, and the company—and trying not to make a mess eating.

“So earlier, when I went missing, I lied,” He said as he crumpled his tissue, as I was licking the side of my cone to prevent the melted from dripping.

I creased my brows in confusion, “What do you mean?” I asked, my mouth still sipping the side of my cone.

He chuckled, offering me the tissue that I gladly took. “I saw this,” he said, raising a woven bracelet, “and thought I’d give it to you.” As I was still processing what he just said, he already took my free arm to put it on.

I looked at it and smiled, “Thanks,” not bothering to look up, I continued inspecting the bracelet, “but why?” It was pink and blue, woven in different directions and in a complicated way, but still simply beautiful. Just like him.

“Souvenir,” he said shrugging as I nodded, smiling and satisfied.

It’s not a big deal. I keep on repeating that in my head, but just thinking about it—this moment; I don’t think I’ll ever forget this—souvenir or no souvenir.

We continued to walk aimlessly, the sun almost setting beautifully in our view. We were halfway the dock when Harry stopped, and I’d seen him look down. That’s when I saw a little girl, tugging on his shirt, smiling so wide at him.

Instantly, Harry gave back a cheery smile and stoop down at the little girl. “Hi, there!” He greeted her, arms opening wide as she hugged back.

“Hi, Harry,” she said so softly, “can you sign this for me?” She asked, as she reaches out her hand with a white paper and purple Sharpie.

“Of course, what’s your name?” He asked, as she whispered it to him quickly.

I just smiled the entire time, watching him interact with her. He looks so happy and young, and it warms my heart seeing this. I smiled even wider when she kissed his cheek saying goodbye, and run towards her mother waving the paper at her face, which Harry just signed.

“You just made that little girl’s day,” I said, as I threw the tissue on my cone earlier. He smiled but didn’t say anything.

“Mine too, thanks Harry,” I said sincerely. He didn’t say anything other than, “You’re welcome,” but the smile on his face for me, says it all.

I tried not to think about how he interacted with the little girl, how he knows my favorite ice cream flavor by heart, how he surprised me with the bracelet or how his hand rested on my waist, guiding me on the way home and how he helped me check go to a carnival near a pier off my bucketlist, which he isn’t aware he did.

But I can’t.

Even if I tell myself to just forget it, I don’t think it’s possible. Because these are the little things that matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!!!

I'm in a good mood yesterday, so I decided to post. What do you think of this chapter? Or the story in general? Any comments? I want to hear what you think!

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and subscribing!! xx