Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

goodbyes

Last night was the Penguin’s last game before the Olympics, unfortunately they fell to the New York Rangers in a shoot-out. I heard the wrath of James when he came by after the game, which only led us to have sex again. This time when we woke, it wasn’t as awkward and we laid in bed, my head laid on his chest and his arm was around me, a finger dancing down my bare back. We talked until we heard movement from the living room, I swung my legs off the bed and stood up, trying to find my clothes. When I turned to glance at James, he was staring at me and I threw a shirt over his eyes.

“You’re an ass” I whisper, pulling on my underwear.

“You’d totally do the same” James whispered back and I rolled my eyes.

I pulled on some leggings and a bra, the put on my Pierce the Veil crew neck and I skipped into the living room, where Autumn, Faith, Kierstyn, Sidney, Beau and shockingly Evgeni was. I sheepishly stood there, looking a bit guilty about what was in my room and the tension didn’t help when a half naked James crashed in to me. The room was silent, but it was so loud I felt like I needed ear plugs.

“God everyone needs to give me the key to my apartment” I muttered, annoyed and avoiding the death stare Geno probably was giving James.

Sidney stood by Geno, waiting to hold him but because Geno’s face was so red, it looked like there was smoke coming out of his ears and nose. I never seen him for angry, it immediately made me feel bad about sleeping with James because they’re friends. I felt like a horrible person.

“Well, why don’t I go make some breakfast and-”

“Lunch” Autumn interrupted me, I glanced at the clock to see that it was one in the afternoon.

“Right, and then we’ll wait for Jon and Steph to come in” I said, I could already feel my arm pits dampen. “James, could you help me with the sink?”

“What?” He asked confused, I just grabbed his wrist and pulled him back into my bedroom. I sat on the bed, head in my hands and cursing myself.

“I’m so sorry James, fuck, I shouldn’t of, I mean I wanted to but now Geno’s going to hate you and you two are friends, god I fucked up” I apologized, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

James let out a big sigh, he stepped closer to me and kneeled down. He took my hands away from my face, used his fingers to prop up my chin so I could look into his eyes. James laughed a bit and leaned over, placing a soft kiss to my lips.

“Geno will get over it” He whispers, leaning his forehead onto mine. “I think we’ve established we are just having fun, right?”

I nod, pouting a bit still scared about Evgeni and James’ friendship.

“Please don’t worry” James pleads and kisses my hand.

I nod, James’ white smile appeared and then he stood up, grabbed his sweater and pulled in on.

“James I’m going to have a quick shower, do you mind preheating the oven to 400?” I ask, James nods and kisses me one more time, before exiting the room and sending me a wink before closing the door.

--

The shower was needed, I got out and pulled on my blue ripped jeans, my nike shirt and put my hair in a braid. When I got into the living room, everyone was still there and so was the tension. I pouted out my lips and blew a piece of hair out of my eyes. I grabbed my phone and put it into the docking station, putting on I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes, an attempt to lower the tension.

I took out a bag of croissants and started cutting each of them open. I heard the beep of the over, put in some tator tots and then turned to see the girls sitting at the island like they have many times before.

“Be honest, how bad is it?” I asked, clenching my eyes shut to prepare myself for a blow.

“Well G, he’s just glaring at James and James, well he and Sidney are talking about the game last night” Autumn informs me, I let out a sigh and lean against the counter in relief.

“What about Beau?” I ask.

“He’s trying to talk to Geno, but that’s not going so well” Keirstyn says, laughing and shaking her head.

“Why does he care so much, though?” Faith asks, in a hushed whisper.

She was right, Geno wasn’t in love with me like I was with him. My reaction to seeing the aftermath of him and Angela having sex could be supported by my confession of my feelings, Geno, he had no right to be angry with James, or me for that matter.

“Because he loves her” Sidney whispers, entering the kitchen, wrapping his arms around Autumn’s waist and resting his chin on her head.

“No he doesn’t” I argue back and Sidney rolls his eyes. “Your an idiot for bringing him here!”

“He wanted to come and apologise to you” Sidney says, making the guilt I already felt stab deeper into my heart. Autumn elbows Sidney in the gut. “Ow!”

“You’re an asshole” Autumn says, seriously at first but then grins.

“No reason to hit me” Sidney says, rubbing his gut.

“There’s always a reason to hit you” Autumn sang, resting her head back into his chest to look up at him.

“Didn’t know you were into that Autumn” Sid growls and I cough.

“Enough, the honeymoon phase is too much” Keirstyn grin and then Beau shows up behind her, and rests his chin on her head.

“It isn’t too much for us” Beau says and Keirstyn reached her arms back to pinch his cheeks.

I continue to set out meat, vegetables, condiments and other ingredients for the sandwiches, until a revelation comes clear to me and I looked straight a Beau.

“Beau” I trailed and he looks at me. “Did you leave those two alone?”

Everyone looks at me, Sidney and Beau dart into the living room and we all follow them. Geno had cornered James against the wall and was sputtering things to him in Russian. I pushed through Sidney and Beau, pushing Geno off James. A girl like me against a 6’3 Russian wasn’t a likely fight.

“Geno, not in my apartment!” I yell, using all my force to push him off James. Geno shakes James before letting go and look straight at me. Raising his voice and growling more Russian my way before storming out of the condo. Everyone was staring at me, everyone knew I hated to be yelled at, I don’t think anyone ever did but being yelled at, made my anxiety go through the roof and the next thing I know I feel a round of tears start to form. “Lunch is ready, uh, excuse me”

I retreated back to my room, closing and locking the door. I was probably the worst human being of the day, I didn’t want to take back sleeping with James but hurting Geno, no matter how much he hurt me was not my plan. I watched out my window, seeing Evgeni stalk out to his car and before he got in, he looked up and saw me in the window.

I tried to smile, tried to do anything to tell him how sorry I was but it was no use, he just shook his head and climbed into his car before driving away. And when I could no longer see his car, I burst out into hysterics, I had just lost my best friend.
--

I hadn’t eaten yet, I was starving but I didn’t have any guts to go out and see anyone. That’s until I heard a knock on the door, I ignored it at first but the two voices behind it, made me sprint to it.

“Tori honey, it’s Jon and Steph” I heard the deepness of Jon’s voice and I unlocked the door, throwing myself into any arms that would catch me. Jon was first, he rubbed my back and chuckled.

“I missed you guys so much” I groaned, not letting go of Jon but when I opened my eyes to see Steph, I let go and hugged her. She laughed and hugged me back. Jon was in my room when he pulled apart, he was sat on the bed and soon, I felt like I was in a intervention when Steph closed the door.

Jon and Steph definitely were the couple who are very calm and understanding. I mean if Jon weren’t playing hockey, I’d imagine him as a sexy grade school teacher all the moms wanted to fuck and Stephanie would definitely be a therapist of some form.

“How are you feeling?” Jonathan asks, patting the spot beside him on my bed which I obligate to sit there.

“I’m assuming the others have told you” I said, sighing. “I feel guilty, you know, like maybe I shouldn’t of slept with James but Geno and I aren’t together, it just is so confusing, I don’t know what I should of done”

“You’re right about you and G, you’re not together and you’re allowed to live your life” Steph says, and I lean my head on her shoulder.

“Geno just doesn’t know what he feels” Jonathan says, and I pout.

“But he was so angry, he knows I hate being yelled at and he did” I cry, trying to hold back the tears that began to form again. “What makes it worse is he yelled at me in Russia, he could have said anything!”

“You know, sometimes I wish I understood half the things he says to me on the ice” Jonathan says out of the blue, making me giggling. “Geno will come around, just give him some time and you never know, maybe his Mom will yell at him in Russia”

I nod and thank both Steph and Jonathan for talking to me. I wrap my arms around both of their necks and pull them in for a group hug.

“I really missed you guys” I repeated.

“We missed you too, now how about we eat” Steph offers and I nod.

--

Unfortunately the visit from Jon wasn’t going to be long. They all needed to catch a bus to New York, where the flight to Sochi would fly out tomorrow morning. Autumn, Steph, Sidney, Jon and I piled into my car. I drove to the bus station, Sidney was making sure Geno had a way to get there and when we arrived, I knew Autumn and Steph were already getting sad.

We climbed out of the car and I started to say my goodbyes first, so I could leave the couples. I stepped up and hugged Jonathan first.

“Good luck and be safe” I whispered and he chuckled.

“Thank you”

I then kissed his cheek, then pulled away and made my way over to Sidney, who waited with open arms. I threw my arms around him and smiled.

“Good luck Captain” I say and he laughs. “Be safe”

“I always am” He says and kisses my cheek. I pull off and look at both of them.

“Bring home the gold boys” I say, they put their thumbs up and I then lean against the car, waiting for the two couple to say their goodbyes.

I watch as Sidney pulls a very sad Autumn into a hug, he then cups her face in his hands and leans down, kissing her as she starts to cry a bit.

When I look over at Jon and Steph, their moment was too cute to miss so I snap a picture of Jonathan kissing Steph’s forehead. He whispers goodbye once before saying I love you a hundred times after.

An announcement says that their bus is boarding, making the goodbye go faster. Sidney and Jonathan grad their luggage and make their way to the buses. I hug my friends, as they watch their boyfriends leave for war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image