Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

lets not fall off the boat

Awoken by the distant sound of the shower, I wrapped myself closer to my body and rolled over into the warm part that Geno once slept in. I opened one eye and looked at the clock, it was eight in the morning and Geno had to be at the arena at two. Wondering as to why he was actually awake, but I was too warm to care. Once I closed my eyes again, I was out but only to be awoken by Geno moving my hair from my face and kissing my temple.

“Mmm” I moaned, wrapped my arms around his arm and attempted to snuggle into it.

“Get up” Geno smiles and laughs. “We go get breakfast”

I push my lip out and pout at Geno, he laughs some more and grabs my arms, pulling me up and into his arms. He drags me into the bathroom, sets me onto the toilet and then leaves. I start laughing, but finally give and get into the shower. I leave the bathroom with my towel wrapped around my body and in search from some clothes. Geno is lying on the bed, wearing a penguins sweater and sweatpants, he watches me walk to my suit case.

I smirk to myself, my back facing him and dropping my towel. I grab a pair of lace underwear, pull them on and then a matching bra. I heard a cough from behind me, making me laugh and dance my way into some black skinny jeans. I start to look for a shirt, but from the corner of my eye I see a grey shirt peaking for Geno’s bag. I pull it out, pull it on and smile at the Penguin’s Hockey logo on it, with the number 71 under it. It was Geno’s training shirt, it was warm and soft. I turn to look at him, I smile and hold the long sleeves over my hands.

“Stop” Geno says and I look at him confused. “You too cute”

“Aww” I say and flip my hair back. “I know”

I giggle before going back into the washroom to straighten my hair.

--

We got down into the lobby for breakfast, where my eyes landed on Autumn, sitting alone at a table. This stroke me the wrong way, everything seemed to not matter and I ran over to her.

“Autumn?” I asked worryingly. She looked up, weakly smiling and tapping her fingers on the table. “What happened?”

“It’s not his” She says, and I furrow my eyebrows.

“Shouldn’t that be a good thing?” I asked, and Autumn shrugged.

“I thought so, but Sidney got extremely upset and he offered her all this support” Autumn muttered through her sentence, dropping her spoon and crossing her arms. “I just don’t understand”

I smiled at her, she was confused as to why Sidney would be so worried. Autumn isn’t one to be thrilled about kids, in fact for a long time of knowing her she’s stated that she didn’t want to have kids. But the way she would watch Sidney with his team mates kids or when he would go coach the kids, I knew she would maybe just slightly want to have a kid with Sidney, just to see how happy he was.

“You know Sid better than I do, you said it yourself” I said, Autumn shot me a glare and I smiled. “Sidney likes to help, no matter what in every situation all he wants to do it help”

“I know, but help her?” Autumn asked, I sat down next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Maybe he had set up this big plan in his head, that Kat would move to Pittsburgh and this kid is going to be with you two on weekends, he’s going to teach him to skate and play hockey. Sidney is like a girl, he plans ahead way too far and makes up this big fantasy land but when it gets shot down, he’s disappointed” I explain, Autumn just shrugs and taps her fingers again.

“I just want him not to think that he can’t talk to me about this” Autumn whines and I smile again.

“Then go talk to him, sit him down and tell him you two need to talk about this”

Autumn stares at me for a moment before nodding, quietly saying that I was right and getting up, throwing away her food. She grabs some more, that I gather is for Sidney and leaves the room. Evgeni soon sits down where Autumn once sat, he sets my breakfast in front of me and I smile, he knew exactly what I’d want.

“Is baby Sids?” Evgeni asks, and I shake my head.

“No, Sid was just upset I guess” I say and Geno looks at me confused. “I think he may of got excited to be a dad”

“Sid always say he want to be dad” Geno pipes and I look at him, wanting more. “He never mention it to Autumn, because she don’t want”

“But they aren’t even married” I say and Geno just smirks, waving it off and practically inhales a whole wheat bagel.

--

Geno had to be at the arena at two and it was just twelve, so we sat in the hotel room and watched television. I decided to go through my suitcase and try to set out my mittens and hat so we could get out of here faster. But instead I found a plastic bag full of photos and I was delighted to see what they were.

“Oh my goodness Geno, these are from the trip up to Staalsy’s cottage that one summer!” I exclaim and jump onto the bed next to him, opening the bed and dumping them onto the bed.

“This from Jon dropping Steph in lake” Geno laughs, showing me the picture of a very wet and very unamused Steph.

We had taken a late night boat ride, Steph had fallen asleep on the boat and Jon was going to carry her to bed. But during the process of getting off the boat and onto the dock, he tripped and basically threw Steph into the water so she wouldn’t hit the deck. Jon jumped right in after her but she was still extremely angry at him.

I picked up another picture and examined it.

“This is before Faith and Jeff got together, Jordan has invited him and Faith was so nervous” I explained, looking at the picture and smiling.

Faith and Jeff met at a Pirates game in Pittsburgh, it was subtle but Faith kept talking on and on about this amazing guy she met. We were hesitant to actually believe he was real but when he showed up to the cabin, Faith was so nervous she wouldn’t even look at him. The pictured showed Faith’s head down on the table like she was in trouble as she tried to avoid eye contact with Jeff.

“This when you got poison grass” Geno says and I sigh.

Unfortunately I got poison ivy on that trip and Geno stayed with me the whole time as I fought the irritation. The picture showed Geno and I sitting on the couch, as close as we could get without me infecting him and watching a movie.

“You always take care of me” I pouted, making Geno laugh and kissing me. “Too bad you won’t be able to when I’m in New York”

“I fly” He says and winks. “This one before boat almost tipped”

I smile, Geno hands me the photo of Sid and Autumn. She wanted to recreate the titanic scene, in a row boat. Geno and I were sitting on the shore and watching, as the boat rocked back and forth. I swear it was going to tip when Sid wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck.

“I hope they are okay” I say, and Geno hums, kissing my shoulder and rolling me over, then pulling me onto him to straddle him.

“You too nice” Geno states and I sigh.
“I know, it’s a curse” I say and he laughs. “I spent high school letting people walk all over me because I thought it would have been easier than having to deal with drama”

“You too beautiful to be walked on” Geno says and I roll my eyes. “You most beautiful girl I ever saw”

“What about your mom?”

“You close second” He replying quickly.

“I miss your Mom” I say and leaning down to place my head between his chin and chest.

“I miss your Mom too” He replies and I smile. “She like me”

“She really likes you”

“My Mom like you too” He states, and runs a hand through my hair. “Come to Russia”

“I don’t know Geno, I want to” I say and he nods. “I suppose I should make a trip home before I move too”

“I come” Geno says and I smile.

“I don’t think you’ll make this one” I say and he frowns.

“You move soon?” He asks, disappointment in his voice.

“They want me up there by next month” I say, and he pouts. “I’m sorry”

“I miss you”

--

It was absolutely freezing, we stood in our seats bundled up in blankets and the kids complained about the cold. The conditions would have me dying if I had to play hockey in them, as the snow came down hard and the game continued. It eventually was all put into the Chicago favour. I was worried about Geno a bit, his game wasn’t at its usual height and it frightened me. If he wasn’t playing up to his standards, he gets extremely upset.

We went into the building, sighing at the heat that was now being transferred into our freezing bodies.

“So I heard the Russian scooped you?” A familiar voice says and I turn to meet a cheeky faced Patrick Kane. He was still fully dress and his face was red.

“You heard right” I state and he smiles.

“Congrats”

“Thank you, saw you and Kenzie skating yesterday, I have to say it was pretty adorable” I explain and he blushed.

“Yeah, she’s amazing” He says and sighs.

“Kane! Stop talking to the enemy!” I heard Captain stupid yell.

“Hi Jon!” I yell and wave. “Good game”

“Thanks, it was good to see you” Pat says before walking away.

It was getting really hot, so we all decided to strip from our winter clothing. I looked at Autumn as she removed her gloves and I smiled right at her.

“Congrats”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image