‹ Prequel: My Fallen Angel
Sequel: In the End

Die for You

Chapter 31

After the whole Blaze ordeal, things began to get better for me. I was finally out of the hospital, my injuries were healed, but the doctors suggested that I'd wear a glove over my wrist to protect it. I didn't have a problem with that. It was close to Christmas and I was busy putting up some Nightmare Before Christmas decorations that Bam gave me as a gift one year. I had gotten the tree, it was covered in blue and purple lights. My favorite part about the tree were the oranments that Andy and I put up. His Batman ones and my Sons of Anarchy, Doctor Who, my Catwoman one, my wrestling ones and my Death Note ones and my Harry Potter and The Hunger Games one, which had the Mockingjay on it. The top of the tree was made by me, it's an angel, but a Fallen Angel. It's got black wings and it's covered in black and it had Andy's stitches on the side of it's face. I smiled at the final decorations and then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Andy. I just leaned back against him, natural tendency of mine and I felt his lips kiss the back of my neck and to my shoulder. I was wearing a black t-shirt dress with red roses and day of the dead skulls on it. My hair was down and curled.

"You look beautiful, my love." Andy murmured. I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. He leaned his head against mine.

"Thank you, Light." I whispered, pecking his lips softly. He just nuzzled my neck again and he kissed it.

"I know it's early, but I want to give you your Christmas Gift," Andy told me. I nodded as Andy handed me an envelope. I opened it and inside were plane tickets. I looked at him weirdly and he chuckled. "Those are tickets to Baltimore. I know how big of an Edgar Allan Poe fan you are and I know that you've been wanting to learn more about his life, so I planned us a trip to go to the Edgar Allan Poe museum down there."

My mouth dropped and I felt tears in my eyes, he was right about that. I've always wanted to learn more about his life when he was writing those amazing stories and poems.

"Oh, Andy." I smiled after that and I kissed him softly. "Thank you so much. I love it."

"Of course, my love." He smiled. "We leave after Christmas and my birthday."

I was excited and I was so happy to be able to go to the museum and see where Edgar Allan Poe lived.

"I love you, Light." I said. Andy kissed me and pulled me closer to him, enveloping me in his arms.

"I love you too, beautiful." He murmured.

A couple of days after Christmas and Andy's birthday, we flew out together to Baltimore, we got a hotel not too far from where the museum is, which is the also the house that Edgar Allan Poe lived in. Baltimore, it was snowing, but it made it more beautiful. It's really beautiful in the winter. No wonder why Poe loved living here. We stayed in the hotel for the first day, the next day, Andy and I dressed warmly, I wore one of Andy's leather jackets, I wore an Edgar Allan Poe shirt with a black long sleeved shirt underneath, my skinny jeans, my black fingerless gloves and my heeled boots. I wore Andy's BVB beanie too and a pair of Electric sunglasses. Andy wore a dark red sweater, his black skinny jeans and his boots and his jean jacket. I decided to take a picture of us and when I did, Andy had leaned in to kiss me on the cheek. I took the shot and posted it onto instagram:

thelaceyblackburn: in Baltimore! Got the best Christmas gift from @andybvb! He planned a trip for us to see the Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum! I can't even tell you guys how much this means to me! Thank you, Light for planning this! I love you! <3

We then headed out together, hand in hand to the museum. Edgar Allan Poe's house wasn't all that big, it was actually quite small. It had red bricks, a white door and black shutters on the windows. Andy and I arrived, hand in hand to the house, we met with one of the staff who would be giving us a private tour of the house. Andy had set all that up as well. As we walked up the steps to the house, I nearly slipped on some ice. Andy chuckled before catching me in his arms.

" You okay, Faith?" He asked. I nodded and he helped me stand up.

"I'm all right. Just the goddamn ice," I muttered and Andy laughed. I narrowed my eyes and then giggled. We headed inside and we took a look around. The energy was ethereal but it felt homey. I learned that Poe and his wife and cousin, Virginia, as well as his aunt and a couple of his cousins lived here. Andy and I walked up the narrow staircase to the bedrooms that they lived in and there was a couple of windows. I walked over and took a look through the window as the snow fell. It was really pretty. I had taken off my Electric sunglasses and placed them into the pocket of Andy's leather jacket. Andy, who's hands were inside the pockets of his jacket, he had taken his hand in mine and his hands were warm. I sighed and I just took a second to lean my head onto his shoulder. Andy stroked my hair with his fingertips, running through it softly.

"So," Andy kept his voice rather soft. "How does it feel being inside Poe's house, love?"

"It's amazing." I murmured. "I can't believe that I'm actually inside the house of the one writer that changed my life forever. Poe's work brought me a lot of joy as a kid. A lot of kids like me would've never read Edgar Allan Poe's work because they would get scared and I loved it as a kid. It didn't bother me."

Andy nodded and he just wrapped his arm around me and he kissed my forehead.

"I know that you loved Poe's poems," Andy murmured. "You never told me about his stories."

"I never did?" I raised a brow and Andy nodded. "I loved The Black Cat, The Tale-Tell Heart, The Fall of The House of Usher, a lot of his stories."

"Isn't The Black Cat about the guy who cut his cat's eye out?" Andy asked. I nodded. Andy cringed and I chuckled softly.

"And he murdered his wife and put her body in the wall and covered it with bricks." I told him.

"That's right." Andy replied. "That story gave me a scare when I read it. But, it's one of my favorite stories by him. He really cemented the legacy of horror and supernatural stuff. Him and Bram Stoker, who did Dracula."

I smiled and nodded and it was interesting to know that Andy had read some of Poe's works and that he had respect for Poe too. We kept following the lady around as she told us all about Edgar's life. It was a pretty neat little house and a fun tour. After the museum tour, I took a photo of both of Andy and I in front of the house and posted that on instagram. When we left, Andy and I walked through the city, hand in hand. There wasn't any fans out or the annoying paparazzi, so it was nice. Andy then stopped in front of a flower shop. I looked at him strangely.

"Wait here," Andy said. I nodded as he stepped inside the shop. He then came back out with a bouquet of red roses.

"What are the roses for, Light?" I asked as he handed them to me.

"We're going to go to Poe's grave now." Andy told me. "Come on, baby."

I took his hand as we headed down the street to the Westminster Burial Ground where Poe's grave was at. The catacombs and burying ground weren't usually open to the public, but Andy had found a way to give us a free private tour to find Edgar Allan Poe's grave. We walked through, hand in hand until Andy's eye caught one grave.

"There's Poe's grave. Right there." Andy pointed so that my eyes could look and there it was, his grave. The grave had a picture of him on it and it said Edgar Allan Poe on it and his birth and death dates. His wife and aunt were buried on the left and right of him too. I walked up to the grave and I lay the roses down. I then just stroked the engraved picture of Poe with my fingers.

"I may have not gotten a chance to meet you when you were alive, Edgar." I murmured. "But your works brought me a lot of joy."

Andy listened to my words and then a raven flew by us and then landed on Poe's grave. It looked at it for a second before flying away and when it did so, a daisy began to appear on the grave next to the bouquet out of nowhere. I gasped softly. Maybe Poe's spirit had heard me.

"Light," I said. Andy looked at me. "Look."

I pointed to the daisy that lay on Poe's grave next to the roses that I lay down on the grave. Andy smiled a little.

"Looks like Poe might've heard you," He murmured. I picked it up and it was a beautiful white daisy. I just ran my fingers across the flower gently.

"I never really believed in magic, but I think I was wrong," I whispered. I then kissed Andy on the cheek. "Thank you for bringing me here, Andy. It means so much to me that you did this for me."

He smiled and then he kissed my forehead gently.

"I'd knew you love it," He murmured. "Merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas, Light." I pecked his lips. Andy then took the daisy from my hand and then he placed it into my hair.

"You're the best." I said. "I love you, Light."

"I love you, Faith." He whispered. He then just pulled me into him, hugging me tightly and then we left the catacombs after the tour, hand in hand and when we left, there was another raven had perched itself on the gates outside. I couldn't help but quote Poe's work.

"Quoth the raven, nevermore." I said as Andy smiled and kissed my temple.

"Quoth the raven, nevermore." Andy repeated after me. (A\N: I can imagine Andy saying that in his deep voice... Badass! ~Tigerstar) "Let's go, love."

I nodded and we headed back to the hotel room to just cuddle and warm up. This was the best trip I have ever been on. I was so happy and I never felt happier. I couldn't wait to see what next year would bring for Andy and I. I was excited for it to happen. and for us to finally move on without Blaze, for now.