Status: Slowly but surely

A New Life

Meeting New People

The next morning I woke up to hearing things being moved and my mom talking to someone. I stretched with my arms above my head and looked up at my ceiling for a minute before rolling out of bed and throwing on clothes that probably didn’t match but I really didn’t care. I was walking up the stairs fixing my hair into a messy braid when I clearly heard a male voice and my mom’s voice.

“Mom,” I said walking into the kitchen.

I then walked in to see a male who were in a lot of my mom’s older pictures from high school and college.

“Gracie I want you to meet a really good friend of mine,” my mom said smiling at me, “Gracie meet Sherriff Charlie Swan.”

“Well don’t you just know all the important people to make sure I can’t get in trouble,” I said and Charlie just laughed as we shook hands, “Grace, nice to meet you Mr. Swan.”

“You raised a girl with manners Anne,” Charlie chuckled, “Call me Charlie Grace.”

I nodded my head and my mom just laughed.

“She’s just being nice,” my mom laughed.

“Well I’m just going to steal some coffee and then get my room all rearranged,” I said, “Let you talk and do what grownups do.”

Both my mom and Charlie laughed at my response and Charlie started talking.

“Well you and my daughter are the same age and will get along great,” he said, “Bella is a senior this year too.”

“Cool,” I said.

“We’re going to head over to Charlie’s tonight,” my mom said, “So you can meet Bella tonight.”

“Cool,” I said, “Well call me if you need me.”

I then headed down to my room and started unpacking. When I walked down the stairs and this time I smiled. There was a small little living room downstairs that my mom had already furnished. I had a few couches around a decent size TV with a coffee table in between them. I then noticed that she also had a box that was labelled, computer & printer next to a desk big enough for both. I quickly installed that and connected it to the internet. I then walked into my room to survey what it looked like as well. The room was a perfect size for me. It was a big enough to fit my twin size bed and dresser and had two walls that were painted red. I smiled lightly to myself and went to grab my camera. I took a few pictures of my living room and bedroom and then started unpacking. Sometime this morning, my mom must have brought the last boxes that were mine because they were in the living room. I unpacked all of my clothes and then started on decorating my walls with posters of my favorite music and pictures I had taken and bought. Once I was done with my bedroom and I smiled at my work and took a picture of the finished product. The rest of the day I spent with my mom helping her unpack the main floor of the house and helped her with the guest bedroom and bathroom while she did her own bedroom. Once we were done, we collapsed on the couch in the living room and I looked over at her.

“We totally kicked ass on this house,” I laughed, “Just saying.”

My mom just laughed at me as I looked at her and snapped a picture. She then just laughed at me.

“You now as my daughter I have to tell you that you have a problem with taking pictures,” she said and I just laughed along with her.

“You worry too much Mom,” I laughed as we found a Gilmore Girls marathon on TV.

We watched the show until it was around four since we were meeting Charlie at a local diner since Charlie didn’t cook. I went downstairs to get ready for dinner and came back upstairs to find my mom ready as well. We got into her car and drove more into town and to the diner Charlie was talking about. On our way, I took notice of the town itself. It kind of reminded me of Vail. It was almost like a village and everything was in the center of town. I was looking at the shops and the people when we pulled into the diner on Main Street and we headed inside.

“Now Grace, Bella isn’t exactly. . .” my mom started.

“The welcoming committee?” I asked and she gave me a sheepish glance, “Perfect we’ll be best friends you know I hate people.”

My mom just laughed and shook her head.

“You’ll definitely get along with her then,” she said.

We walked into the diner and saw Charlie sitting with a girl who looked exactly like him with dark brown hair and brown eyes. However there was a boy who looked to be about the same age and of Native American descent.

“Quileutes are the ones from this area right?” I asked my mom and she nodded her head.

“How did you know that?” she asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Nerd here,” I said, “I search about everything.”

“That I should’ve guessed,” she said shaking her head, “Hey Charlie!”

They hugged and then Charlie threw me off guard by pulling me into a hug as well.

“Anne, Grace I want you to meet my daughter Bella and her boyfriend Jacob Black,” he said, “Jacob, Bella meet a good friend of your dad’s and mine Anne Potter and her daughter Grace Potter.”

“You’re Billy’s son,” my mom said, “Jesus you look exactly like him.”

“Your dad, Anne, and I were close growing up,” Charlie said.

Bella, Jacob, and I all nodded our heads as we sat down at the table. My mom and Charlie then just launched into a walk down memory lane and I just looked at Jacob and Bella who were looking at me.

“So what grade are you two in?” I asked.

“I’m a senior,” Bella said, “Jake’s a junior.”

“Cool,” I said, “I’m a senior too.”

“What school are you going to?” Jacob asked.

“There’s two schools here?” I said shocked.

Jacob and Bella both laughed at my reaction and I gave a sheepish look.

“It just. . .”

“Doesn’t look all that big,” Bella said smiling lightly at me, “I completely understand I was the same way when I moved here.”

“You moved here?” I asked confused.

“Yeah I moved to Forks last year,” Bella said, “I moved from Phoenix.”

“That’s cool,” I said, “My mom and I moved from Vail, Colorado.”

“So are you a skier or snowboarder?” Jacob asked.

“I do a little bit of both but I enjoy snowboarding way more,” I said, “Have you two ever been?”

“Never,” they said and I smiled lightly.

“We’ll definitely have to go over Christmas Break then,” I said, “It’s so much fun.”

“Definitely,” Jacob said grinning.

Jacob, Bella, and I then continued to get to know each other and turns out Bella and I had a lot in common with the whole we didn’t really like to make new friends. We also had similar taste in music, authors, and hobbies. Bella and I were in a conversation about what teachers I needed to avoid when my mom and Charlie made a comment.

“Looks like our daughters are becoming quick friends and making Jake the third wheel,” Charlie said smirking at us and both Bella and I grinned sheepishly.

“We’ll have to make sure they hang out more then,” my mom said and I just put my head on table.”

“And our parents cannot hang out anymore,” I muttered making Charlie and my mom laugh.

“Agreed,” Bella said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the second chapter. Let me know what you think!