Status: Slowly but surely

A New Life

My First Encounter

Today was my first day of school and I was completely nervous about it. School started about three months ago and I knew that I was going to be the odd ball. I was sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal when my mom came in.

“Nervous?” she asked me.

“Dreading is more like it,” I sighed, “Everyone is going to whisper and talk.”

“It won’t be so bad,” my mom said and I just gave her a look and she just sighed, “Well they might whisper a little.”

“Can we just go?” I sighed, “Let’s get this over with.”

“Alright,” she said as I grabbed my bag, “Let’s get you to school and then I have to get to work.”

“Let me know how Dr. Cullen is,” I said, “Bella was telling me he’s really nice.”

“I heard the same thing from Charlie,” she said as we pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the school.

On the ride to school, I took in the green scenery like I had been doing all weekend and decided that after school today I was going to start exploring the forest in the backyard at take pictures so I could add them to my wall or maybe just put them on my computer. I saw the school sign and sighed looking at my mom.

“I’m calling you if its horrible,” I replied getting out of the car.

“You’re going to be fine,” my mom said, “I’ll see you after school.”

“Bye,” I said and shut the door and put my earbuds in and spun to look up at the school.

I could see everyone staring at me and I sighed to myself and I made my way into the school. I had my camera bag around myself and was looking around when I ran into someone. I stumbled back and quickly pulled my earbuds out so I could apologize.

“I’m sorry,” I said looking up at a pair of golden colored eyes looking down at me harshly, “I wasn’t paying attention sorry.”

“Obviously,” the boy snapped at me and I just looked at him shocked.

All I did was accidently ran into the kid and he was snapping at me like I was below him.

“Well sorry your royal highness excuse me for trying to apologize because you don’t want to hear it,” I replied snarky and just walked around the guy.

I made it to the office without running into anyone this time and smiled at the older woman sitting at the desk. I made my way up to the desk and the woman smiled warmly at me.

“You must be Grace Potter,” she said, “I’m Ms. Ingram the school secretary.”

“Nice to meet you Ms. Ingram,” I replied as she grabbed a file off of her desk and walked to the counter that separated us.

“Okay deary,” she said pulling out some papers, “These white sheets are your schedule, locker number and combo, and a map of the school. The pink paper is a paper that I need all of your teachers to sign and then bring it back here after class okay?”

“Okay,” I said, “I think I can make that happen.”

“Great,” she smiled at me, “If you need help don’t hesitate to come in here and ask alright? That’s what I’m here for.”

“Thanks Ms. Ingram,” I replied, “I’ll remember that.”

“Good luck dear,” she said and I then smiled at her and headed out of the office to find Bella walking my way.

I smiled lightly at her and she smiled when she saw me.

“Get your schedule?” she asked and I nodded my head.

“Mind showing me where my locker is?” I asked.

“Not a problem,” Bella said as we walked over to where my locker was apparently and she let me open it and put some things in there.

“So can I see your schedule?” she asked and I nodded my head and handed her the schedule.

I watched her as she scanned the piece of paper and smiled lightly. She handed me the paper and I looked at her.

“I have the first four classes with you before lunch,” she said, “After lunch you’re pretty much on your own but I can show you where those classes are if you want.”

“You don’t have to do that,” I said, “Let’s just get to the first class since the bell is about to ring.”

We then headed to first period which was, Calculus. I absolutely hated the subject with a passion but I was pretty decent at it so I didn’t complain too much. When I walked into the room with Bella, the room went completely silent and I sighed as I made my way up to the teacher and introduced myself.

“Hi I’m Grace Potter,” I replied, “I’m new.”

“Ah you definitely are Anne’s daughter,” the math teacher smiled, “You look exactly like her. I’m Mr. Shepard. Do you think when the bell rings you could tell the class something about yourself?”

“Sure,” I said, “Do we have assigned seats or do we get to pick?”

“Pick,” he said and I nodded my head.

He sighed my sheet and I turned around to find Bella a girl with brown hair and a complete and utter fake smile plastered across her face.

“Come sit next to us,” Bella said and I walked over to the empty seat and smiled at the girl.

“Hi I’m Jessica Stanley,” the girl grinned at me.

“Nice to meet you,” I said, “I’m Grace Potter.”

“Nice to meet you,” she said smiling at me, “You’re the new student right?”

Obviously since you’ve never seen me before, I thought to myself and I heard a chuckle behind me and I saw the boy from earlier this morning smirking and chuckling lightly at us.

I gave him a weird look and he looked away quickly when he got caught staring at us. I turned around to see Bella and Jessica staring at me.

“Don’t worry about him,” Jessica said, “That’s Edward Cullen. He’s a bit different.”

“I’m sure he is,” I replied.

Or a jerk but if that classifies you as a different then okay, I thought to myself again.

“Anyway,” Jessica started and then launched into a rapid fire question game to try and get to know me.

I answered most of them except the ones I felt were super personal and thanked the gods because that meant she would’ve left me alone. Again I hated meeting new people especially ones who were fake. They were the worst because they didn’t mind if they stepped all over you to make themselves look better. Everyone filed into the classroom and then Mr. Shepard called me up to the front of the room.

“Class this is Grace Potter,” he said, “She’s new and I want you all to be nice to her. Grace do you want to tell the class something about yourself?”

“Sure,” I said facing the class, “My name is Grace and I moved here from Vail, Colorado so I like to ski and snowboard.”

I then walked back to my seat and let Mr. Shepard teach class. I took the notes for the lesson and was grateful when he allowed us to start on our homework. Bella and Jessica had pulled our desks together as I pulled out a piece of paper and started on the problem set we were assigned. Bella and I were discussing a problem since we got different answers when Jessica interrupted.

“Edward keeps staring at you,” Jessica said and I looked up at her.

“Cool,” I said a bit confused.

“No you don’t get it,” Jessica said, “Edward has no interest in anyone at this school.”

“I highly doubt he has interest in me,” I said, “Are you going to help us out on number twenty-four or not?”

The girl was really starting to drive me nuts and I just wanted to get this homework done so I could take pictures this afternoon. Jessica of course didn’t help us but continued to talk about who to hang out with and who to avoid in this school. I didn’t pay attention to it but was glad when I got the homework done when the bell rang. I put my book in my bag and looked at Bella.

“See you at lunch Jess,” Bella said and we walked towards our English class.

“Well isn’t she just a ray of sunshine,” I said and Bella laughed.

“Tell me about it,” she said, “She’s just my friend because her now boyfriend had a crush on me.”

“I figured she was a user,” I said.

The rest of classes before lunch weren’t too bad. All I had to do was tell four other facts about myself which was getting kind of old but at least I wasn’t getting asked dumb questions. I did however figure out that the infamous Edward Cullen was in all of my classes before lunch and he stared at me all of class, in every class. Bella and I were heading towards the lunch room when I started asking my questions.

“What’s up with that Edward Cullen guy?” I asked as we took a seat with her friends that I had met throughout my classes in the morning.

I had Angela in English with Bella and she was one that I favored because she was like me. Smart and quiet and had a bit of sarcasm to her. Then I had Tyler and Mike in our History class and they were the typical jock that drove me nuts but they were nice nonetheless. Eric was one of my favorite people that I got to meet. He was nerdy excited which reminded me of my friend, Ben, back home.

“Gracie!” Eric exclaimed and then snapped a picture of me causing me to go blind which made me laugh.

“Let the poor girl eat Eric,” Angela said, “Stop being so annoying.”

I just laughed lightly at the two bicker and Eric just smile and kiss Angela’s forehead.

“Don’t worry I’ll give her a fifteen minute break babe,” Eric grinned widely and both Angela and I just laughed shaking our heads.

Tyler, Mike, Jessica, and Bella were all smiling and for some odd reason I was enjoying school for the first time ever. I was eating my food when I noticed that the infamous Edward Cullen had finally made his appearance to the lunch room and made a beeline for a table that held another girl who looked kind of like him and a boy with curly blonde hair.

“That’s Edward’s sister Alice and his brother Jasper,” Bella said.

“And no they’re not triplets,” Jessica said, “Dr. & Mrs. Cullen adopted them all. They have two older siblings Emmett and Rosalie. Rosalie and Jasper are brother and sister.”

“And Edward, Alice, and Emmett are all siblings,” Angela said, “but Alice and Edward are like nine months apart apparently.”

“Oh,” I said as I glanced over at them to find Edward staring at our table.

“You think they can hear us?” Mike asked.

“Probably,” I said and everyone looked at me shocked.

I gave them a confused look and opened my mouth.

“What?” I asked, “They’re talking about me.”

“How can you hear that?” Tyler asked shocked, “They’re four tables away from us.”

“I guess I have really good hearing,” I said shrugging my shoulders to find all three Cullens looking at me shocked.

I finished my food and stood up.

“Well thanks for showing me around but I’m going to hit my art classes now,” I said, “Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.”

I then walked out of the cafeteria and looked down at my school map. I had pottery next, music, and finally photography. I was looking for the room numbers when I felt someone stand next to me.

“You know if you take a picture it’ll last longer,” I said still focusing on my route to class.

“Want some help?” I heard the same voice that yelled at me ask.

“Not from a jerk like you,” I replied honestly and I then put my map in my bag and looked up to see Edward just staring at me like he was trying to figure me out.

I started walking towards the pottery room not responding to his stare and he quickly followed me.

“For being mysterious you sure are acting weirdly,” I replied, “And you’ll never completely figure me out. No one has been able to do that.”

Not exactly everyone, I thought to myself and shook my head at the thought.

“I wanted to apologize for being rude to you this morning and talking about you at lunch,” Edward said and I just kind of chuckled.

“You’re only sorry that you got caught,” I replied as I saw the pottery room, “You’ll have to try a more believable apology.”

I then disappeared into the room leaving Edward Cullen completely confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know I am a nursing student in college so my goal is to update at least once a week. I don't know if it'll happen every week but I am definitely going to try!

So what do you all think about this update? Like it? Hate it? What do you think is going to happen next? Please comment, subscribe, and recommend! Thank you!