It All Starts with Tragedy

Mr. Homophobic

~Times Laps~ One month...

"Andy?'
"Yeah?"
Ashley then pauses the movie we're watching and turns to face me with his legs across my lap.
"Are we ever gonna tell the fans?"
"Of Course"
"Soon?"
I thought about this. I do wanna tell them, but when is something I didn't think about. In all honesty I am a little scared.
"Babe, I know you're scared and all but I'd really like them to know. I don't want to pretend we're just friends on tour or in the public eye. I don't want to have to continue to flirt with girls I'm not into trying to keep up this man whore rep, I don't want to be someone I'm not. I just want to be able to show you off, believe me or not I'm really proud to be able to call you mine. When can I show them that?" Ashley rants.
When he puts it like that. I do want to be able to actually act like his boyfriend in public not just his friend, and I really don't like him flirting with those girls on tour. He doesn't do anything with them, but sometimes he simply has to flirt, for his rep so no one asks questions. I want him to be happy and be free to be himself. I really don't like lying to the BVB army....
"Ashy, we can tell them as soon as you want and however you want."
He smiles at this and kisses my cheek.
"Hey Ash, did you ever even tell your grandparents?" I question.
At this his eyes get wide and his mouth drops.
"Oh my god baby! How could I of forgot?! They're going to be pissed I didn't tell them yet!" He panics.
He forgot. Or he didn't want to tell them. Maybe it's a lie and he's shamed to be with someone as pathetic as me. He could get so much better. I'm guessing my face showed my thoughts because Ashley grabs my jaw and turns my face to kiss my lips and says,
"Ands, I know what you're thinking and I really did forget. I've been so busy lately, and that's not your fault either. Hey babe, I got an idea, I'll have them come over tomorrow and I'll tell them to their faces, with you by my side."
He seems proud of his idea and it's not bad.
"Wait, whoa whoa whoa Andy, did you ever tell your parents?"
Oh my fuck! Fuck! Moms gonna kill me! I rest my forehead on his shoulder.
"Looks like you're not the only one who forgot baby."
I hear him laugh and say,
"How about you have your parents over the day my grandparents come over?"
"I'll go call them now."
With that he nods and pulls out his phone. I look at mine and dial my mother's number.Two rings, three, come on mom. She then answers,
"Andy!"
"Hey mom..."
I look over at Ash to see him looking at me. He's waiting until I'm done.
"Andy, what's wrong. I know my child, I can tell something's bothering you. Oh god, does it have to do with Ashley?"
I have my phone on speaker so Ash heard that. And he looks at me puzzled.
"Actually Mom, uh yeah."
"Oh no. Did he get a girlfriend or something or...."
I cut her off.
"No no no Mother! It's a good thing about Ash. Anyway, do you think you and Dad came come over tomorrow afternoon, so we can talk?"
"Oh....uh, yeah honey we can do that. But wait..."
"I'll explain when you get here. Tomorrow. Bye mom."
"Bye Andy...I love you."
"Love you too."
With that I hang up and look over to Ash whose face reads confused.
"How'd she know it had to do with me?" He questions
"Uh, I'll explain some other time. Your turn."
He confusingly nods his head and calls his grandparents. Ash doesn't have parents, he was raised by his grandparents. His parents passed away when he was young....I would have loved to meet them. To see where my Ashy gets his different traits, and I wouldn't have to see that sad look he gets in his eyes when he's reminded what happened. He gets it sometimes, sometimes when he's around our parents or someone asks about where his are, sometimes just out of no where or on their anniversary of their death or birthdays. Finally his grandfather picks up the phone. He puts it on speaker.
"Ashley, my boy! How have you been? Long time no talk." He grand dad's voice rings through the phone.
You can tell he's scared and thinking of how to ask.
"Hey Poppa, uh yeah I've been kinda busy, you know. Anyway, uh, do you think you and Grandma can come over to Andy's tomorrow?"
"Uh, the really tall one? With the puffy hair?"
I laugh at this and so does Ash.
"Yeah that one Poppa."
"He still at the same place?"
"Yeah."
"Why there, not your house?"
"Uh, well, I'll be here tomorrow so it'll be easier."
"Does Andrew know about this?"
His grandfather always has this thing for calling me Andrew, that's if he remembers my name at all. Haha. I don't know why.
"Yes, Andy knows. His parents will be here too."
"Ashley Abrocket what's going on?"
His eyes get larger as his middle name is said.
"Uh, we just need to uh talk about something. That's all."
Ash then starts to bite is lip and pick at his nail polish.
"Okay boy, me and grandma will be there. "
"Okay, bye Poppa."
"Goodbye Ashley."
He then hangs up and I rest my head on his chest.
"You seem scared baby. I didn't expect you to be, considering you want to tell the fans."
"They're different babe. They're the BVB army, our family. I have no doubt they'll accept us, I'm just a bit worried about my grandparents, they're really religious and stuff, I don't know."
I begin to make patterns on his knee which is right by my face with my finger tip.
"Babe, their grandson wears make up and nail polish. Is believed to be satanic and who knows what else, and through everything they've never left your side, they're not going to now. And if they do, they're not the people I thought they were and don't deserve someone as amazing as you Ashy."
He kisses my head and says,
"Thanks baby."

~Time Laps~ Right before Their parent come (The next day)

Ashley is in the bathroom perfecting his hair, this is Ash, he has to look perfect. I look at myself in the mirror. I am wearing black skinny jeans that shockingly have only a whole in each knee, a Batman shirt and some random bracelets with my combat boots. I've already have my little make up and my hair done. I go first because Ashley takes a year. I then hear the doorbell ring and I jump. Going down the stairs i yell to Ash,
"I got it babe!"
"Watch it please."
"I know I know."
I get to the door and open it to see my parents. And I move to the side to let them in and close the door. My mom hugs me and says,
"Hello honey."
I lead them to the living room and we all take a seat.
"Who is it?!" Ash yells.
"Mine!"
He doesn't reply to that.
"That was Ashley right?" Dad asks
"Yeah, I forgot to add that. Uh, this has to do with Ash, and he needs to talk to his grandparents too so they'll be here soon"
"What's going on son." My dad asks
"You'll see."
"Andy, can I talk to you for a moment?" Ash yells.
"I'm coming b-Ash!" I just caught myself and I don't think my parents caught it.
I run up to Ash to see him sitting on our bed messing with his fingers. I sit down beside him and put my hand on his thigh.
"You okay?"
"Ands, I don't know about this."
Out of all the years I've known this guy, I've never seen him so nervous.
"Hey, I'm scared too. We can do this baby, and if someone isn't okay with this, they can fuck off cause I love you and no one's putting you down for being yourself as long as I'm around. I'll be here, right by your side. And you'll be there for me, it'll be okay."
He smiles at me and kisses my cheek.
"Thanks baby."
I kiss him on the lips and say,
"Anytime Ashy, now lets go."
We stand up and head for the downstairs when he stops me,
"Wait."
I look at him confused.
"Cause I can't do this down there."
And he grabs my shirt pulling my body against his and kisses me passionately. I pull back and kiss his nose.
"I love you."
"I love you too Andy."
With that he lightly pushes me forward and we head down stairs. Just as we enter the living room the doorbell rings.
"I got it." Ash says turning around.
I go in and sit beside my mother. She looks at me with a smile and I raise an eyebrow.
"So, what'd Ashley need?"
Oh, uh, -"
I'm then cut off by my baby walking back into the room with his grandparents behind him. Ash automatically sits beside me, probably not thinking about it and his grandparents sit across from us. I just now realize they've never met.
"I'm Chris and this is Amy." My dad introduces
"I'm Ralph and this is Cindy."
"So, what'd you boys want to talk about?" Ashley's grandmother asks
"Is everything okay with the band?" She adds.
"Everything is great with BVB. It's not that. I uh...."
I could tell he was having issues so I figured I'd go first.
"Mom, Dad, I'm gay....there is no other way to say that." I spat
"That's fine honey. You're still you." My dad says.
"And, I'm in a relationship...." I add
At that my mother smiles hugely.
"With me.." Ashley says.
"FINALLY!" My mother cheers.
And I begin to laugh my ass off and Ash looks confused but smiles. He then looks at his grandparents whose mouths are dropped.
"Sssoooo?" He questions
"What'd you just say boy?" He grandfather asks
Ashley shrinks a little and I stare at his grandfather telling him to watch it with my eyes.
"I'm like guys Poppa. I'm dating Andy that's what I wanted to tell you. " He mumbles.
I look at my mother who looks concerned and father who looks shocked at Ashley's grandparents. I begin to rub calming circles into his back softly, I can tell he's getting scared.
"No, you don't."
"Poppa, yeah I do. I've been with Andy for a while now. I know myself Poppa."
"I raised you better!"
At this Ashley's head falls and a see tears fill his eyes.
"You don't like boys Ashley Abrocket Purdy! It's wrong, you can't! "
I wrap my arm protectively around Ash's waist and kiss his shoulder.
"That's enough. Leave the boy alone. You're putting your own grandchild in tears!" My father says.
Now Ashley's whole body is shaking with tears and i tighten my grip on him.
"You!" His grandfather points at me.
I look at him with daggers.
"What!"
"You, you messed with our boy's head. He never thought about being with males until you! You fucked with our kid!"
"Hey! Don't you yell at him!" My mother says.
I look at Ashley and he leans on me still crying. I kiss his temple and whisper 'I'm sorry' then stand up resting him on my mother who hugs him tightly as he hugs back. I look at his grandfather with daggers, that's it no one makes my Ashy cry like that.
"That's it! Just quit! You're hurting him, can't you look past yourself and see that! Ash is still the same boy you've known for all these years. He's being himself, since when was that wrong? You can dislike me all you fucking want, say whatever you want about and to me but damn, no one not even you am I going to let come into my house, or anywhere for that matter and make my boyfriend cry like this! Of all the years I've known you two I never thought you'd be like this! I'm sorry for yelling, really i don't like to but no one hurts Ashy and doesn't hear from me. Maybe you didn't see this coming but damn he's your fucking own flesh and blood, you'd think you wouldn't care who he liked if it's a guy like me or some big racked blond bimbo!! I love that guy more than anything and he's happy and healthy, that's all that should fucking matter! I'm done. Come on baby, lets go calm down and let them gain some common sense."
Ashley looks at me his bottom lip shaking and his make up smeared. He nods standing up grabbing my hand and I lead him to our room. We sit down and he rests his head in my lap and I run my fingers though his hair knowing it gives him comfort.
"I knew something like this was going to happen during our conversation on the phone." He mumbles.
I lean down and kiss his temple.
"This isn't your fault. He'll see, in time."
"I hope."
I sit him up and wipe his tears and he cuddles into my hand. I push his hair out of his face and kiss him, putting all my love into it and he returns it. After we pull away for air he rests his forehead on mine and smiles at me. I kiss his nose and say,
"There's that purdy smile I love."
He laughs lightly at this and says,
"Come on, let's go down there."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I'm okay babe."
I nod and we head back down there hand in hand only to be stopped by the slamming of the door. I look at Ash confused and just raises an eyebrow. We continue to walk down stairs to see my father staring at the door and my mother and Ash's grandmother sitting on the couch dumb founded. I look at Ash and he simply kisses my forehead and sits down on the couch by my mother.
"Grandma?" Ash asks
"Y-yeah Ashley?"
"Well, we know Poppa's opinion. What's yours?"
"Uh, well after what I've witnessed and heard from your protective boyfriend over there. I see that you're happy, raising you that's all I ever wanted. Did I ever think you'd get that from being homosexual, no but you're my baby. Nothing is going to change that. It's a huge shock, but I'll get used to it."
You can see a huge weight lift from Ash's shoulders as a smile reaches his lips.
"Thank you Grandma...."
"I'm just glad Andy and you finally got together. I was getting doubtful." My mother says.
She's going to embarrass me, I know. I guess as my mom it's her job.
"What do you mean by finally?" Ashley asks
"Yeah, what do you mean by that Amy?" My dad asks
"Oh, Andy here has been head over heals for Ashley for years now. I remember when they first met and Andy texting me not even a week later telling me all about his new found crush and bass player." Mom starts
I bury my head in Ashley's shoulder to hide my face.
"Mmmoooommmm" I whine
"Sorry honey, Ashley asked."
"How'd I never catch this?" My dad adds
"Honey I haven't a clue how I'm the only one who knew, it was quite obvious. Come on Ashley, Andy blushed and stuttered every time you were even brought up." Mom states and begins to laugh.
"Mooommmm. It's not funny, come on!"
I feel my face becoming red and I hide behind Ash's hair.
"Come on Ashes help me out here."
"Sorry babe, not gonna happen."
I look over to see even Ashley's grandmother's laughing.
"Not cool guys not cool." I whine.
"Well boy I better get going and don't worry about your Poppa, he's not going to change how he treats you. He's just shocked. " Ashley's grandmother says.
"But things are going to change between us, I know it. And he's gonna treat Andy different...."
"I sadly have to agree and I'm sorry, to both of you. Goodbye Ashley, Andy, Andy's parents."
We all wave goodbye.
"Well, it's getting late. We should probably go too. Bye boys, we love you. " My mother says
After they leave Ashley just looks at me with sad eyes.
"I don't want things to change baby." He pouts
"I'm sorry..."
"And I don't want him to treat you different. It's not our fault."
"No it's not, and hey it's okay if he treats me different. He doesn't even know my name half the time anyway."
"Still, when you come with me to places that they're going to be, i want you to actually feel welcome."
"Babe, I'm used to feeling un-welcomed. It's okay, I know why you're worrying about it. Don't fret yourself, don't worry."
"I can't help but worry about you Andy. And when you're with me no matter where we are you should feel welcomed."
I grab his face and begin to kiss all over his face and he begins to laugh.
"Everything is fine baby."
I understand where he's coming from but damn, his grandfather just bullied him and he's worrying about me. He's to caring sometimes I swear. I get he's worried, if it was the other way around I'd be the same but I don't want him to think about it.
"Good."
"Only when you're around."
"I love you Andy, so so much. And thank you for sticking up for me today..."
"I love you too Ashes, more than words could say. Hey, why wouldn't I stick up for my love? No one's aloud to put my Ashy in tears as long as I'm around, I'm never going to let anyone hurt you, no matter who it is."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know Ash's grandparents' names, he's never said their names! So them being from Missouri, I though these names would fit. x_x In reality his grandparents are most likely not homophobic and are surely awesome people, come on they raised the Purdy Pervert!