Status: Done! Thanks guys so much!

I Was Only Dreaming

A Deal With the Devil

*Billie's POV*

I watched as Jessie crept up the stairs, selfishly wishing she had stayed. As soon as her door shut, I mentally pictured shit hitting a ceiling fan.

Mike stared at me for a second before coming a step closer. Damn, he's big.

"We agreed on something. You remember that? Or were you just too stoned to think that fucking your best friend's girlfriend may not have been the wisest descision. I'd love to hear your excuse for this one."

I cleared my throat, really wishing I had a drink, or at least that the clock could go back about ten minutes. "Uh... well, I dunno, I mean, I tried, but I just couldn't control myself, y'know. An-and it's not like you guys were together when this happened, it was before that." I see a look of confusion sweep over Mike's angry face. Okay, maybe I'm getting somewhere.

"How long before?" Mike demands.

"Uh..." Shit, it sure is hot in here. "Just before Rachel's birthday party." I can see Mike silently going over that in his head.

"Bill, shit, that's like, a day before..." His words trail off before firing up again. "Maybe, maybe I can forgive you for that. But not for lying straight to my face. Here I was, believing that Jessie's kid is gonna be my daughter for as long as I'm alive, and I figure out it's gonna be yours. Can you even imagine how this feels?! Can you?!
"I will never forgive you for this. I love Jessie. I love her to pieces. And you just had to ruin for me. You're just too self-absorbed to let Mike have the girl for once. You just couldn't let it go."

Mike stands there, face red, taking in a few breaths while I think about what he said. And he's right. I couldn't try to forget my feelings for Jessie and let Mike love her completely. I am the most selfish bastard in the world.

After a moment, Mike comes right up to me, so we're just inches apart. This must be the moment when he beats the shit outta me. "I want you to promise me something. And if you ever go back on your word, so help me God, I will make you regret it for rest of your life." I nod quickly, sweat starting to pour down my back. What's he going to make me promise?

"I want you to take care of Jessie and her baby. I want you to marry her. If people find out that the kid's yours, and she's my girlfriend, people will look at her as a whore for the rest of her life. And i love her too much to inflict that on her. So you need to promise me that you will keep her from that. She's gone through too much already, with her parents and shit like that. I cannot raise another man's kid. Whenever I look at her all I will see is you. I cant raise your baby, Bill, this is your doing, and you need to deal with it."

Mike steps even closer so that his firey blue eyes are barely an inch from my green ones. "Promise me you'll take care of Jessie and your daughter." When he said 'your daughter ', I felt a chill run up my spine. I gulp down my nervousness and nod my head up and down. "I promise, man. I'll do everything I can for her."

Mike steps away from me, and I let out a sigh of relief. " Alright then. You better keep your word this time, cuz I may not be as forgiving next time." Mike exits the kitchen, into the garage, leaving me alone. Well, I guess that could've went a lot worse.

*Jessie's POV*

I hadn't heard anything from the kitchen in about ten minutes. I am seriously considering the fact that maybe Mike did kill Billie. If that's true, I am an accessory to murder.

I try to dry my still-coming tears when I hear a knock on my door. I jump up, unlock the door, and open it, expecting Mike. But I got Billie instead. He sees me crying and immediately pulls me into his body and wraps his arms around me. I am grateful for the comfort, but I need to know what happened.

Billie tells me that Mike didn't want to raise Billie's child. And I completely understand that. Mike doesn't think he can really trust me, or Billie, ever again. This breaks my heart. I guess Mike broke up with me, through speaking to Billie.

As Billie hugs me when the next wave of tears begins, what he tells me blows my mind a little. "I know this probably isn't the best time for this, but since Mike cant take care of the baby, and it's my fault this happened in the first place, I wanna be here for you and your- our daughter. It's the least I can do, all things considered. "

I pause to look Billie in the eyes. He is really serious about this. I give him a weak smile and hug him. "You're wonderful," I whisper to him. "Absolutely wonderful. "

*Billie's POV*

I decided not to tell her about my deal with Mike. It was probably best, since she would probably try to get Mike back if she knew that he was doing for her. But that's all in the past. I have bigger things to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short, but we'll be skipping ahead in time in the next one :) just wanted to give you guys something :D thanks to my readers, commenters (especially WhereMyDemonsHide!!!) , recommeders, and subscribers, I love you guys xD

Now read, comment, do your shit.

-Crys