Sequel: Welcome to Paradise

You're Already the Voice Inside My Head

Carry On My Wayward Son

I sit there next to Jack, running my thumb over his hand again and again. I’ve finally stopped crying, I’m not sure they’re any tears left. I’m not sure how long I’ve been here beside Jack, but no one’s come in to talk to me. I try to reach Jack but it’s no use, maybe when we’re this close it doesn’t work.
“Did you really think you’d win Alex?” I whip my head around; she’s standing there at the end of Jack’s bed. I wipe the tears from my face and stand to face her.
“Get out of here; don’t you think you’ve done enough?”
“I only came to see how you were doing”
“You take pride in this don’t you? In watching him die, in watching me break”
“It’s what I do Alex” I look behind her, the clock on the wall isn’t moving anymore and the voices from outside are gone.
“What have you done?”
“Oh to the time? Just stopped it a little”
“What even are you?”
“A demon, this is just what I do”
“But those things aren’t real” She starts to laugh.
“Aw humans, so naive”
“It doesn’t matter, just stop... Please”
“I can’t and I won’t”
“What do you mean you can’t?”
“I can not stop, one of you will die”
“One of us? We does it have to be him? Why not take me instead?” She doesn’t answer.
“Why? Why must you take him away from me?”
“Because not everyone get’s their happy endings, I never thought you two would fight back so hard. I’ve never had to kill anyone twice before” Her lips twitch almost into a smile, I start shaking out of angry and fear.
“Stop it! I won’t let you take him, he deserves to live take me instead”
“Sorry Alex, there’s no way out now”
“No, No I won’t let this happen” I stare back at Jack, lying in his hospital bed unaware of what’s going on around him. Our love is strong they said, but obviously not strong enough. I failed him, I lost. I lean over him, brushing his dark hair from his face.
“I’m so sorry Jack, I love you” I press my lips to his, he feels warm against my touch. I close my eyes as the warmth spreads though me. I pull back ad open my eyes, to see a pair of beautiful brown eyes staring back at me.
“Jack?” The word catches in my throat.
“Alex...” His voice is hoarse from not being used for so long.
“Jack!” I wrap my arms around him and hold him close, I can feel him breathing against me, the beating of his heart. “I can’t believe it, you’re alive, you’re....”
“This is impossible” She cuts me off. I snap around, she’s still standing there her arms hanging by her sides as she stares at us. “You’re meant to be dead”
Jack coughs slightly “Obviously not”
“How?” She demands. “How did you do this?”
“I wish I knew...” I say.
“It looks like I’ll have to change my plans, what a pity it would have worked so much better the other way around”
“Wh...What are you doing?” She had her hands on my temples, her eyes closed.
“Shh I’m thinking”
All of a sudden there’s a blinding pain in my head.
“Ahhh” I fall to the grown, my hands on my head.
“Alex! What are you doing to him?” Jack demands.
“We’ll a connection like yours can be broken into, with the right source of power”
“W...What does that...Mean?” I manage to get out.
“As for some reason you’ve stopped Jack from dying you’ll have to do”
“Y....You’re killing me?”
The pain is horrible, I try to close my eyes against it but that only makes it worse. She just nods.
“No, don’t kill him please!” Jack pleads.
“No Jack....”
“Alex” Jack pulls away the wires that are holding him bed and comes over to me. He’s unsteady on his feet but he makes to where I’m lying on the ground, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me to my feet. Leading me over to the bed he gets me to lie down. I can barely keep my eyes open now. There is pain throughout my whole body.
“Let him go” demands Jack.
“No Jack....” My voice weak. “If I survive you....Die, I can’t live with that” Jack looks down at me, tears in his eyes.
“Look at him, tell me he deserves to die” Jack says, stroking the hair from my face. She doesn’t answer again.
“Jack...” I get out.
“Alex don’t talk”
“No, need to tell you....”
“What Alex? What do you need to tell me?”
“I can’t watch you die, please don’t do this. You can live without me but I can’t...I can’t without you. I love you”
“I can’t either Lex, I love you too” Jack leans in and pressed his lips to mine, the warmth spreads through me again, pushing all the pain away.
“NO! How are you doing this?” She screams, she’s bending over clutching at her chest. I look up at Jack, the pain in my head fading as I look into his eyes.
“I don’t know, maybe our love really is that strong” I pull Jack down and kiss him. Expect more passionately this time, my hands in his hair, and his hands around my neck.
“NO” she screams again but then she’s gone, vanished into thin air. The clock on the wall starts ticking again and the voices from outside can be heard again.
“Is it over?” Jack asks.
“I don’t know” Jack wobbles slightly as he stands.
“Here you lay back down”
“Only if you lay with me” I scot up on the bed, and we both lay side by side on the cramped bed.
“What just happened?” he asks.
“I’m not sure, but I think before I figure it out there are some people out there who’ll want to talk to you”
“My family”
“Yes Jacky” I get up from the bed placing a light kiss on his forehead.
“I love you” he calls as I go to open the door.
“I love you too” I open the door, Jack’s family are all still sitting there like nothing had just happened, well I suppose for them it hadn’t.
“May?” I ask.
“Oh Alex, how are you doing?”
“I’m okay, but I’ve got to say there’s someone in there who would quite like to talk to you”
“What? You mean he’s....”
“Awake? Yes” She burst into tears then, jumping up and hugging me. “I knew it, I knew if he’d wake up for anyone it would have been you” She goes to push the door open.
“Jack?”
“May?”
“Jack!” I smile, I sit on the empty seat that she was sitting in and close my eyes trying to get my head around what just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still not the end! Wow thank you for all the comments guys, really means a lot <3