Status: Ongoing

Picking Up the Pieces

Chapter 4: Today is definitely a bad day

“We are having a little party tomorrow night in celebration of Celia’s new job. Everyone is invited” Gonzalo announced as he stood in the middle of the locker room at the end of training.
I rolled my eyes at his enthusiasm over a party as I continued to get dressed.
“You’re coming right?” he whispered as he stood next to me.
I shrugged in response while he sighed.
“Look Sergio I know the situation is awkward but you said you were fine with us…”
“And I am” I admitted as I interrupted him. “But that doesn’t mean I have to come to every barbeque and cook out that the two of you have” I justified as he nodded in agreement. “Now I’ll see how things go tomorrow so I can’t make promises about coming over tomorrow night” I explained before collecting my bag and walking out.
I wouldn’t go to that celebration if Sandra Bullock was hosting it.
“Sergio” Carlo called just as I was making my way to the player car park.
I sighed before turning around and turning to him.
“Yes Sir?”
“We need to talk. NOW” he demanded before turning and making his way to his office.
I groaned before following behind him.
Once I was in his office he offered me a chair to sit while he sat at his own one.
“Do you know what this is about?” he said as he raised his eyebrow.
“No sir I don’t” I admitted honestly.
He lent back in his chair before lowering his hand to open a few drawers, before coming out with a few papers.
“It’s about your finances” he admitted as I looked back in surprise.
“Are you spying on me?” I asked in an attempt to get control of the situation.
“I think I’ll be doing the asking Sergio” he said shutting me up and forcing me to listen. “Nico is in charge of making sure all the players are doing well financially and personally” he explained in reference to the clubs head of player well-fair. “And a contact of his at the bank you bank at mentioned how all of your money has been transferred from your account. Care to explain to me what is happening?” he offered.
“There’s nothing to explain. I switched banks and that’s why your contact can’t find my money” I lied as Carlo moved forward.
“Are you in some sort of trouble Sergio? Because if you are we can help you” he offered, unbelieving of my answer, as I shook my head no.
“I’m not sir and I would prefer it if you and the club stayed out of my personal business” I snapped before standing up.
“Mr Ramos I don’t know what’s happening with you at the moment but you better sort it out before you find yourself with no friends and no job” he warned.
“Are you threating me?”
“No. But I don’t think you need reminding that even though you are one of the best players at this club, you are still just an employee. One that can be removed should me and the club think he is no longer performing at the required standard” Carlo informed me.
I laughed at his threat before answering.
“Maybe you should fire me, so you can see that the club is nothing without me” I challenged before turning around and walking towards the door.
“Everyone is replaceable Sergio don’t ever forget that” Carlo warned as I opened the door and walked out.
***
Later that night
“3 nights this week, we might actually start considering you a regular” Stacy noted as she continued to dance for me.
I was currently in one of the private rooms of one of Madrid’s most exclusive strip clubs; and was enjoying a rather sexy dance from one of the girls who worked there.
“Wow are you complaining that I’m always here? And anyway I’m here because I need a way to… de-stress” I smirked as she smiled.
“You know if you really need a stress reliever I have just the thing” she stopped as she propositioned.
“I’m listening…”
She smiled sweetly before she took out a white substance from her bra.
“Oh no; Just no” I objected before this went any further. “I can’t take hard drugs. I’m an athlete remember? And these things show up in tests anyway” I explained as she looked disappointed.
“OK fine. But you don’t mind if I indulge right?” she asked as she lined up the powder on the table.
I watched as she sorted it out before snorting it and rubbing some in her mouth. Once she was calm from her high she turned to me.
“Still in the mood for a party?” she smirked as she unclasped her bra.
“Only if you are the main attraction” I teased as I pulled her closer and gave her a kiss.
Yes, this was definitely the best way to unwind after a tough day.