Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Twelve: Ibiza?

Movie night had finally ended and I think it’s safe to say that everyone had a great night…particularly Miranda and Ibrahim.

“Good night, guys.” I smiled at the two of them. Miranda grinned and waved at us. I heard something about Ibrahim offering to walk her home and I smiled, knowing my plan worked.

I gave Leo a high five and we hip checked each other.

I sat back down on the couch and sighed. Puyi and Xavi were still here because they had a little bit too much too drink when we watched After Earth and so here they were, laughing a bit too loud.

“And then and then and then and then…” Xavi started, but burst into another fit of laughter, not finishing his sentence.

I needed to take a picture of this, I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of them guffawing and rolling around on the floor.

FC Barcelona’s captains completely wasted on Lionel Messi’s living room floor seemed like a good headline.

“You guys need some sleep.” I chuckled.

“Sleep?” Xavi asked, “I’ve never heard of it!” Puyi finished his sentence, impersonating Peter Pan in a terrible British accent. I rolled my eyes and walked back up to my room, they were going to regret it tomorrow.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep quickly.

*

I woke up to Puyi and Xavi jumping on my bed.

“OUCH! THAT’S MY LEG!” I growled, kicking about as I grabbed my pillow and stuffed it in my face.
Were Puyi and Xavi still drunk? Please, tell me they’re not. I can’t deal with this at seven o’clock in the morning.

“Good morning, princess!” I heard another voice—Miranda. “No, go away.” I growled.

She chuckled and sat on my bed, I heard her and Xavi talking about whether they should throw a bucket of ice water on my head or grab me and throw me into a pool.

I grumbled and sat up, glaring at the three of them.

“What now?”

“Just get dressed.” Miranda grinned before running down the stairs, Carles and Xavi following after her.

I grumbled and tied my hair up into a ponytail.

I was never a morning person—just like Leo and whoever tried to interrupt my sleep would end up on the floor sooner or later.

I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and got dressed in simple shorts, a simple tank top and put on my black flats. I grabbed my iPhone and walked downstairs to see almost everyone who was here yesterday back again.

They all looked at me with grins and I looked at them all weirdly. Leo was sipping his coffee, looking at Xavi and Puyi in an annoyed face too. I walked over to my twin brother and drank from his coffee cup.

“What?” I asked.

“WE’RE GOING TO IBIZA!” Antonella finally yelled, running towards me and engulfing me in a hug. The room erupted in cheers again, everyone talking at the same time.

“FCB’s paying for all the expenses, they said they wanted us to have a great summer since we did so well last year and stuff,” Leo said, “the cool thing is, we all get plus ones so the WAGs are coming and stuff. We’re leaving in three days.”

“Wait, then I’m not going,” I frowned, “I’m not a WAG and I’m not in the male team so—” I got cut off by Leo.

He draped his arm around me and chuckled, “You’re Geri’s plus one.”
*
I weaved through everyone and finally found Miranda who was talking to Afellay.

“Hey, crazy kids!” I grinned.

The two of them grinned at me but I could see that they were both pissed off that I interrupted their conversation. “Um, Miranda. Are you going to Ibiza? Because I kinda—”

“She’s my plus one.” Ibrahim cut me off, making me look at him with wide eyes. “Already? Well, that escalated quickly.”

Miranda blushed and Ibrahim rolled his eyes. “We talked a lot last night. I don’t have anyone to take and little Ms. England here’s been yapping about how badly she needed a vacation. So why not?” he smiled sweetly.

I was really NOT looking forward to going to Ibiza. I was going to be stuck on the plane with Gerard, and I was really not looking forward to that.

We weren’t even dating. We didn’t even talk about flying to Ibiza together. What the hell was happening?

“Well…okay.” I whispered, walking away from them before sitting down on the second floor balcony alone while everyone talked excitedly downstairs.

“…Hey.” I heard.

I looked up to see Geri smiling sheepishly at me. I patted the seat next to me and he sat down.

I bit my lip, not wanting to address the elephant in the room.

“So, I guess you want to talk.” He finally said, his voice piercing through the silence. I sighed but eventually nodded.

“Why would you bring me as your plus one? We’re not even dating. You don’t like me like that and…” I kept rambling on and on that I didn’t even realize he was staring at me all this time with an amused smile on his face.

I stopped talking and he finally raised his eyebrow, “My turn now?” he asked. I nodded and he chuckled,
“What if I told you that I do?” he whispered.

I raised my eyebrow and he smiled at me, leaning forward to kiss me on the forehead before he left.
Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
My prayers go out to Andres, Anna and Valeria Iniesta who had just lost a son and a baby brother. :( #StayStrong