Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Thirteen: Vacation

“And then he just left!” I groaned, screaming into my pillow.

Miranda and Antonella were sitting at the edge of my bed, frowning at me.

“Well, honey…I can’t say that I’ve been in this sort of situation before.” Miranda sighed.

“Yeah, me either. But I’m pretty sure that he picked you as his plus one for a reason,” Antonella smiled at me reassuringly, “You do know that the plus ones sort of have to share a room with the person that brought them along right?”

I groaned loudly and ran a hand through my hair, “I do not want to share a room with him! I don’t want to sit on the plane with him and I don’t want to spend my summer holiday cooped up with him.”

I heard the two of them sigh, “It’ll work out, everything happens for a reason.” Anto said, patting me on the shoulder.

We were leaving tomorrow and I haven’t packed a single thing yet, the only thing on my mind was: Gerard Piqué.

I pulled myself off the bed and grabbed my suitcase. I started throwing random things into it, the stress on my mind being too much for me to even care about what I was doing.

“Ari, I think they’re going to have towels there.” Miranda said, pulling out the towel I didn’t even know I had in the room. “Nena, just let us do the packing. You can just sit there and chill.” Antonella offered with a smile.

I nodded and walked back towards the bed and sat down, thinking about Gerard…again.
*
Antonella and Miranda gave me one more hug before they walked in the gates, ready to board the plane. I hadn’t talked to Gerard at all about what had happened that day and I wasn’t planning to.

I was going to keep my cool and ignore him, if he wanted to be a damn tease, then he can.

Two can play at this game.

I waited for him by the gate because he had the tickets. He was currently talking to Thiago. The two shared a laugh before they both headed here.

Gerard was about to open his mouth to say something to me, but instead I grabbed the ticket from him and walked in the plane, not listening to anything he was saying to me.

After I found my seat, I quickly sat down.

I was sitting by the window and I stifled a grin. I had always loved getting the window seat, I loved the view of everything getting smaller and eventually another place would come into view.

I quickly grabbed my phone, turned it on airplane mode and started listening to Coldplay.

Gerard sat down beside me and he tapped me on the shoulder once. I debated whether to turn and ask him what he wanted, but I decided against it.

If he needed anything, he could ask Cesc and Daniella who were sitting behind us.

I stifled a yawn and leaned back, grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around myself. I didn’t get enough sleep last night and I was hoping that this quick flight could make up for it.

-Gerard.
What was her problem? She completely ignored me and no matter what I did to try and get her attention, she’d dismiss it like nothing happened.

She grabbed the blanket that the crew had provided for us and she slung it over her. She closed her eyes and soon enough, she was asleep.

She shifted in the plane seat for a while, trying to get a comfortable spot until she finally shifted to face me.

I smiled when I saw her sleeping. She looked completely peaceful. Her long eyelashes brushed against her cheekbones and her hair was tousled and messy as she moved around in her sleep.

I lifted the armrest that divided the chair into two and put my arm around her, letting her cuddle into my side so she felt more comfortable.

She moved around for a little bit before she rested her head on my chest, her arms hugging me. I smiled and held her close, letting her sleep peacefully in my arms.

-Ariana.
After a while, I stirred and I woke up.

That was the most comfortable position I have ever slept in. I yawned softly and got up from my position when I realized that I had cuddled with Gerard Pique.

I saw that he had lifted the armrest so I could feel more comfortable, but it wasn’t alright with me. I was mad at him and I had to stay away from him no matter what.

I shot Geri a glare and grabbed the armrest, putting it back down. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, where the airport was coming into my view.

We were going to land in a matter of minutes. I smiled and rolled up my earphones and put them in my bag. I took the hairband of my hair and was about to tie it back up when Gerard stopped me.
“Don’t,” he started, “You look gorgeous with your hair down.” He whispered.

I stared at him with my mouth agape for a moment before deciding to just let it go. It’s Ibiza anyway.

After we landed, we quickly got everything settled and a shuttle took us to the hotel.

After Xavi checked us all in under Sandro Rossel’s name, we were all ready to go to our rooms.

Xavi handed everyone their room keys and I was looking around for whoever I was going to be sharing with when I remembered that I had to share with Gerard.

No one was going to want to room with me since all the other WAGs were going to want to room with their husbands or boyfriends and I didn’t want to ruin Ibrahim and Miranda’s moment.

I trudged towards Leo and he gave me a sympathetic look. “If he pulls anything, you come straight to our room and I’ll switch with you.” Leo promised, kissing me on the temple before rushing to his room with Antonella.

Some of the Barca players couldn’t come because they already had plans to travel elsewhere for their summer, but the ones who came besides Gerard, Cesc, Daniella, Leo, Anto, Ibrahim, Miranda and I were: Jordi Alba, Thiago, Victor, Andres, Xavi, Puyi, Alexis, Neymar and their partners.

Gerard, Thiago, Julia and I were the only ones in the group to be staying on the seventh floor.

Thiago was staying in the room across the hall. All of us got presidential suites, which was pretty damn cool since this was my first time in any kind of suite.

I grabbed the key from Gerard and opened the door to the room. I grabbed my own suitcase and sauntered in the room.

Thankfully, there were two bedrooms. I quickly ran into one of the rooms and quickly unpacked all my clothes for the two-week trip.

After I was done unpacking, I walked towards the spacious kitchen to get a glass of water.

Just as I was about to return to my room, I heard Gerard’s door open. I froze and started thinking about running to Leo’s room, complaining about Gerard—but I didn’t want to cockblock any other couples just because I felt uncomfortable around one of my best friends.

“Ariana.”

I sighed and put my glass on the marble counter before turning towards Geri.

“What, Gerard? What?” I hissed, glaring at him. “Why are you ignoring me? What did I do wrong?”

I gave him one more death glare and turned away from him.