Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Fifteen: Mistakes

-Ariana.
I rummaged around in my suitcase as I looked for a dress that I could wear to the funky new nightclub we were going to.

I bit my lip and looked a little further and grinned when I pulled out a simple sleeveless black dress. I smiled and put it on, looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was in its natural wavy curls and I wore hardly any makeup.

I grabbed my small clutch and walked out of my room to see Gerard already ready and waiting. “You look gorgeous.” Gerard smiled.

I thanked him and we walked out together quietly. We got in the elevator and this time Thiago and Julia weren’t here to make it less awkward for us.

“So…I guess you met a new friend at the beach today, huh?” Gerard smiled awkwardly. “Uh, yeah. He’s nice.” I replied.

“What’s his name?” Gerard asked.

“Zachary.” I replied. Finally, the doors opened and I rushed outside, not wanting to be in that elevator any longer. Miranda was waiting for me with a smile.

“Come on!” she giggled, tugging on my arm as we left the hotel.

We walked all the way to the club which was just 10 minutes in walking distance.

The bouncer quickly let us in when he saw who we were with and we quickly entered the hype new club.

Sweaty bodies were pressed up against each other, the smell of alcohol was wafting in the air and the music was being played by a DJ standing in a large booth.

“This is so cool!” Miranda grinned as Ibrahim stood beside her, wrapping his arms around her making me smile.

“Let’s go.” Miranda said, dragging him towards the dance floor. I sighed and looked around. Anto was sitting in a private booth with Leo, Cesc, Daniella, Julia and Thiago.

I was completely alone. I sighed and walked towards the bar, ordering myself a beer.

“Ariana?” I heard a familiar voice. Quickly turning, I saw Zachary grinning at me. “Zach! Hey.” I grinned, giving him a small hug.

He ordered a beer as well and sat down next to me, “So what brings you here?” he asked me with a smile as he sipped on his beverage.

“The others wanted to come here, so I just tagged along.”

“The others?” he asked.

I nodded and turned towards the private little booth where Leo was laughing at something Thiago had said. “Oh my gosh.” Zach gasped.

I chuckled, “Come on, I’ll introduce you to them.” I smiled. Zach raised his eyebrow, “No, they’re going to think I’m some crazy fan.”

I shook my head, “No, I’ll introduce you as my friend.” I smiled. I grabbed his arm as we weaved through the massive horde of dancing people.

“Hey guys, this is Zachary. He’s a big fan of Barca.”

“Hola, Zach.” Leo smiled at him, and I saw him nervously tapping his feet on the ground. “Hola! It’s so nice to meet you all.” He grinned at everyone.

Thiago and Julia smiled at him while Leo and Anto started talking to him about Argentina and the upcoming World Cup.

I glanced over at Gerard to see him giving me a disapproving look. I ignored him and continued smiling at the others.

“Alright, well, I’m gonna get another drink.” I grinned before pushing Zach out of their vision.

-Gerard.
I frowned as I watched Ariana and her new boyfriend. Whoever the hell he was.

I felt Cesc put a reassuring hand on my shoulder and I bit my lip, turning away from him. “There’s something fishy about him.” I grumbled, making Cesc frown at me.

“Geri, I know that you like her, but…”

“But she doesn’t like me back and I can’t stop her from liking anyone else, I know.” I finished for him. Cesc looked at me sadly and I shrugged, “I know, Cesc. I know.”

I sighed and looked over towards Ariana and Zach who were laughing about something. He leaned forward and whispered something in her ear, making her giggle.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest, sulking like a little kid who wouldn’t get a toy.

“I’m going back to the hotel.” I grumbled, sliding out of the private booth and walking out of the club. I slowly walked back to the hotel, looking around the little road.

“Hey, handsome.” I heard.

Turning around, I saw a woman probably in her early twenties. She had straight blonde hair that fell to the small of her back, she was wearing a leopard print dress that accentuated her curves and she was wearing a lot of makeup.

“Hi.” I smiled at her.

“You up for some fun?” she asked me with a smile. I thought about it for a while, weighing my options.

She might’ve known who I was and she would probably rat out this story to the press for money.

But I needed this—badly.

I nodded at her and she smiled, linking her hand with mine as we walked into the hotel together. “So what’s your name?” she asked me.

Bingo.

She didn’t know who I was.

“Gerard.” I replied.

“Gerard who?” she asked me.

I shook my head, telling her that I didn't want her to know my last name. She nodded, “I’m Maya Taylor. It’s nice to meet you.”

We had reached the suite and we already couldn't keep our hands off each other. I quickly pulled her inside my private room and we didn't waste any time ridding each other of our remaining clothes.

-Ariana.
I smiled at Zach as we went our separate ways for the night. We had exchanged numbers so we could hang out some more.

I slipped the key card into the slot and walked in, dropping my clutch on the table. Gerard had left early and I wanted to check on him in case anything had happened to him.

I opened the door to his room with a smile when I saw him grinding on another woman—naked.

They were under the covers so I couldn’t see any of their business, but I had seen enough. I stifled a scream as I dropped my clutch and slammed his door shut.

I quickly ran out of the room and pulled out my phone. Leo and Anto were still in the club so I couldn’t call them.

I hastily pressed the ‘down’ button on the elevator so I could go to the lobby. Anywhere was better than here.

As soon as the doors opened, I ran out and skidded to a halt when I saw Zach walking in the hotel.

“Zach?” I squeaked out. “Oh! Hola, Ariana! What are you doing here?” he asked me with a smile.

I was panting and I took deep long breaths to control it. “I…I saw Gerard fucking some whore.” I spat out.

He raised his eyebrows at me, “Whoa.”

“Wait, are you staying here?” I asked him with a small smile. He nodded and I grinned, “Me too.” I whispered.

“Well. Do you want to crash in my room for tonight?” he asked me with a grin. I nodded and he smiled, putting an arm around my shoulders as we entered the elevator together.

He pressed the button to his room as we chatted quietly. He led me to his room and I sat down on his bed.

“Can I borrow one of your shirts?” I asked, blushing. “I don’t wanna go back up there and this dress is pretty uncomfortable.” I chuckled.

He let out a little laugh and nodded, digging in his suitcase for a shirt. He passed me a plain grey shirt and I I walked into the bathroom to change.

His shirt was pretty big for me and it fell to just below my knees. I walked out to see him already laying in bed.

“So…” I awkwardly said, moving to sit down. He chuckled and pulled back the covers, “I won’t touch you, I promise.”

I nodded and slowly climbed in.

If Leo knew I was sharing a bed with a complete stranger I had just met today, he’d give me an hour long lecture and he wouldn't talk to me for maybe three months.

“You’re so tense.” He chuckled, making shivers go up my spine. My back was towards him but he was facing me.

I slowly turned and looked into his crystal blue eyes and I couldn’t help but imagine Gerard being in his spot right now.

“Do you want to…grab some dinner with me tomorrow?” Zach asked with a small smile, making me smile back at him and nod. “Sure, let’s give it a try.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Gerard's trying to take his mind off Ariana by sleeping with other women and Ariana's trying to get over Gerard by trying to start new relationships. Yikeeees. x