Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Sixteen: Heartbroken

-Gerard.
I woke up and stretched my hands above my head. Maya was still beside me and she looked really pretty, but I didn’t want anything to do with her right now.

The only girl that was on my mind was Ariana Leila Messi.

I sighed and leaned back, running a hand through my hair. I thought about how I should break it to Maya that I wanted her gone as soon as she woke up.

I pulled on my boxers and nudged her awake. She opened her blue eyes and smiled at me, “Good morning, babe.” She whispered, leaning in to kiss me.

I moved my head at the last minute so her lips only touched my cheek. “Babe, what’s wrong? I was thinking we should go get some breakfast.”

I shook my head, “This was only a one time thing. I don’t want a relationship. I think you should go.” I whispered, looking at her.

Her face paled and she looked devastated for a second before she gave me a look of annoyance and anger. She pulled on her dress and glared at me.

“Whoever she is, she’s a lucky girl,” she whispered, grabbing her bag and walking towards the door. She stopped by the doorway and gave me one more look. “I’ll see you soon, Gerard Pique.”

-Ariana.
I yawned and opened my eyes to see Zach looking down at me with a smile.

“Morning.” He smiled at me. “Morning.” I whispered back with a smile.

“Wanna go get breakfast?” he asked me. I nodded and crawled out of his bed and grabbed my dress off the floor and went in the bathroom to change.

I pulled on my dress and made sure my hair looked fine. I gave him his grey shirt back and pecked him on the lips. “I’m going to go get changed upstairs, I’ll meet you back here.” I smiled.

I walked out of his room and got into the elevator and pressed the ‘up’ button to go back to mine and Gerard’s room.

As I walked out of the elevator, I caught a glimpse of the blonde bimbo he was with last night. She walked past me and purposely bumped my shoulder with hers.

I rolled my eyes at her and slipped the key card into the slot. I walked to my room and got changed into more comfortable clothes and walked out of the room to see Gerard sitting on the couch.

“Where were you?” he asked me.

“Somewhere.” I spat.

“Where?”

“With Zach.” I growled at him. He looked taken aback, “Zach?! You slept with him?!”

I rolled my eyes, “No, I just crashed at his place. Okay?”

“You just met him and you’re already sharing a bed? Come on, Ariana! You're better than this!” he snapped.

I felt the tears in my eyes as I analyzed over what he said again. He was calling me a whore.

“That’s a lot for you to say! I saw you fucking that whore last night!” I shot back, the tears welling up in my eyes.

He stared at me speechless, “She was a one night stand. I’m never going to see her again. But you? You’ve only met him yesterday and you’re already dating. If that doesn’t get my point across of what you are, then I don’t know what will.”

That was it for me.

I stared at him in shock, registering everything he said to me in my head. It felt like a thousand knives getting stabbed into my heart at the same time. I couldn’t move, my feet stayed frozen to the ground.

After a few more seconds, I finally moved past him and left the room, slamming it on the way.

I quickly got into the elevator and waited for the doors to reopen. Once it did, I ran outside and hastily knocked on Ibrahim and Miranda’s door.

Ibi opened the door for me and I patted him on the shoulder before brushing past him to go and talk to my best friend.

She was on the couch, eating a carton of ice cream while watching the Power Puff Girls on the TV. She looked up at me with a smile but frowned when she saw that I was on the verge of tears.

She patted the seat next to her and I sat down. “What happened?” she asked, turning the volume down a bit.

Ibrahim walked back to his room when he saw that Miranda and I needed some girl time. I quickly told her everything that started from when I saw him and that girl last night up until what he said to me a few minutes ago.

“That bastard! I should go up there and hit him.” She grumbled. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, “You should tell Leo.”

I shook my head, “No…as much as I hate Gerard right now, I don’t want him dead just yet.”

The two us spent about an hour and a half just eating ice cream and watching cartoons when I froze.

I was supposed to go to breakfast with Zach.

“Oh my gosh,” I whispered, throwing the knitted blanket off me and putting the spoon back in the sink. “I have to go, M! Thanks again, see you soon!” I yelled, running out the door.

I quickly ran towards Zach’s door that was on the same level as Miranda and Ibrahim’s.

I knocked on the door and Zach pulled the door open in a matter of seconds. He didn’t look that pleased and I know that he was probably going to get pissed at me.

“I am so sorry, Zach. I had to take care of a few things.” I frowned at him. He nodded and opened the door for me, letting me in.

I saw that he was dressed in his swimming trunks so he was probably going to go to the beach.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“The beach. I’m going to hang out with a few friends. And I was thinking, we should just postpone our lunch date.” He replied, grabbing his phone and giving me a small smile before opening the door for me.

I held back a frown, but left the room anyway. I wanted to rip out my hair. I was so frustrated. I had enough boy problems to last a year.

I smiled when I got an idea, I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Neymar so that we could go sightseeing around Ibiza.

Anto and Leo were also out and I was pretty sure Cesc, Daniella, Thiago and Julia were too because I didn’t hear anything from them today.

He agreed and said that he’d meet me at the lobby in five minutes. I got back in the elevator and waited in the lobby for Neymar.

After three minutes, he walked out of the elevator and grinned at me. He was dressed in a simple black shirt, jeans and a beanie while I was dressed in a simple summer dress.

“Ready?” he asked. I nodded and we walked out of the hotel together.

As we walked, I told him about everything that had happened and he cringed at a little of my ‘colorful’ words towards Gerard.

We passed the beach and I got a glimpse of Zach.

“There’s your boyfriend.” Neymar smiled. I looked for him among the people and finally found him walking along the beach with…another girl.

She was perfect.

She had blonde hair that fell to the small of her back and she had a killer body. She looked familiar somehow.

“They’re probably just friends.” Neymar said with a smile, directing my attention away from the two. I sighed and shrugged, “I don’t really care anymore who’s with who.”

The two of us kept on walking to the middle of nowhere and we almost got hit by a bus at one point but we managed to stay in one piece for two hours.

We had gotten lunch at a little café and we were heading back to the hotel. I bought a few cute dresses that I found in one of the shops by the street.

“Has it already been three hours?” Neymar asked, glancing at his watch. “Four.” I corrected with a giggle.

Pretty much the whole way, he was asking me about Sofia but I hardly knew anything about her too.

We reached the hotel and we were walking towards the elevator when I saw a sight that broke my heart.

It was Zach with another girl.

♠ ♠ ♠
not my best chapter :/