Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Twenty-Two: Telling Leo

I sat on Geri’s hotel room couch, cuddled up into his side as we warmed up by the fireplace. After our little kiss, we got the limo driver to drive us back to the hotel before anyone else.

I had changed out of my long dress and into one of Gerard’s shirts and since it was like a dress to me, I didn’t bother wearing pants.

We were watching The Notebook and I already knew that this was going to make me cry. The Notebook was one of my all time favorites and even though Geri hated that we were watching a chick flick, I forced him to watch it anyway.

My eyes were fixed on the screen but I could tell that Geri was getting bored. I turned towards him and smiled, pecking him on the cheek. I buried my head in his neck and I felt his arms wrap around me.

“Are we going to tell the others, nena?” he whispered, kissing my temple softly. “I don’t know. Should we?” I whispered back.

“It’s your choice.”

Perhaps we should keep it a secret just for a while. But I wouldn’t keep it away from Leo for too long. It’d be violating his trust and he’d most probably hate me. “Maybe we should keep it a secret for just a while. Leo wouldn’t want me dating his friends.” I muttered shyly. Gerard’s body vibrated with his laugh as he kissed me again. “You’re so cute.”

-Gerard.
We stayed in that position for a while, her on my lap, her face buried into my neck as I held her close. Her breathing steadied and I knew that she was asleep.

I carefully picked her up and carried her over to my bedroom. I set her down on my bed and made sure she was comfy. I smiled down at her and sighed to myself.

I can’t believe she was finally mine. After years of waiting, she was mine. I would never trade her for anything in the world. I knew we had just gotten together a few hours ago, but I already knew that I would never let her go.

I moved over to leave so I could sleep on the couch but she grabbed my hand.

“Stay with me.” she mumbled.

“Nena, are you sure?” I asked, my eyebrows raised. She didn’t reply, instead she scooted over to the other side of the bed and pulled me down.

“I’m sure.” She muttered.

I smiled and wrapped my hands around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Her back was to my chest and my hand was locked with hers and my other hand was around her waist.

-Ariana.
The sun peaked through the curtains in the hotel room. I groaned and rolled back onto the bed. Today, we would be going back home to Barcelona.

We were supposed to go back home yesterday but due to the heavy snowing, the flight was postponed to today. I turned my head and smiled when I saw Gerard’s sleeping figure.

He had let go of me during the night and now he was on his stomach, about to roll of the bed.

I tugged on his arm and he murmured something in his sleep before he opened his eyes, smiling at me. “Morning.” He greeted with a small smile.

“Morning.” I replied, kissing him on the lips. “I have to go get showered and packed and stuff. I’ll see you at breakfast, okay?” I smiled.

He nodded and I pecked him on the lips one more time before walking to the bathroom to change back into my dress.

I set his shirt down neatly on the bathroom counter before walking out. I smiled to myself when I saw that he had gone back to sleep.

I walked out of his room and quickly waddled down the hall to my room in my long dress. “Ariana?” I froze and turned around, seeing Cesc looking at me weirdly. He was already dressed with a coffee in his hand. My eyes widened and my cheeks heated up.

“Cesc! Hey, hi…I just um…” I fumbled for excuses in my head but he just raised his eyebrows and smirked at me. “I’m gonna go.” I said quickly, pushing the key card into the slot and running into my room.

I collapsed on the sofa and groaned in embarrassment. Cesc had just seen me exiting Gerard’s room with the dress I wore from last night. He must think that we did something last night. I groaned again and walked into the bathroom, peeling my dress off and taking a quick shower. I brushed my teeth, did my hair and put on a bit of makeup.

I put my hair in a simple messy bun and put on jeans, a baseball shirt, a simple cardigan and vans.

I didn’t bring a big bag, instead I brought a simple backpack. I folded my dress with little trouble and stuffed it in my bag. I made sure I had everything with me before grabbing my key card and exiting the room.

I got into the elevator and made my way to the lobby. We were having breakfast at this little restaurant that the hotel had. There was a long table and a few of the players were sitting there and having breakfast.

Miranda saw me walking in and put her glass of orange juice down, beckoning me over to her. I sat down next to her, avoiding Cesc’s eyes, which were following me everywhere.

He was sitting beside Daniella who was sitting in front of Miranda who was sitting in front of me.

“Morning, Ari.” She smiled.

“Morning, M.” I replied, grabbing a piece of toast from her plate and eating it. She glared at me but continued eating anyway. We started talking about the event last night when Gerard walked in.

He was wearing a simple white shirt and black jeans, his jacket in his hand. He looked at me and shot me a small smile before sitting down next to Victor who was sitting beside me.

“I saw you and Sergio last night.” Miranda whispered.

I shook my head and continued eating off her plate. “Yeah…nothing’s going on between us, though.” I chuckled nervously.

“Yeah, right.” Miranda scoffed, turning to talk to Ibrahim.

My heart raced when I saw that Cesc had moved over to sit in front of me.

“Hola, Ariana.” He muttered with a small cocky smirk making me roll my eyes. “What do you want, Cesc?”

He laughed and winked at me, “Say, what were you doing this morning?”

I glared at him and he shrugged, “I just want to know.”

Victor had stood up from his chair to get some more food, so now Geri could see the both of us and hear us clearly. I shot Geri a look but he was too focused on his phone.

“Nothing like that happened, Cesc.”

He raised his eyebrows, “Then what were you doing? I know you weren’t there to gossip about people.” He snorted.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, beckoning him over to a corner.

“So? You used protection, right?” he whispered making me glare at him. “I told you! We didn’t do it.”

“I don’t believe you.” He muttered jokingly.

“I will punch you,” I threatened. He raised his hands in surrender and I sighed, “We got together.” I whispered.

His eyes bulged out of his head and he looked like he was about to scream, but I squeezed his arm tightly before he could make any sound.

“Don’t tell anyone, or that punch will come for you.” I threatened. He nodded but he couldn’t keep his smile down. “You need to give me the details, promise?” he giggled like a little schoolgirl, making me chuckle.

“I will, Cesc.” I chuckled, sitting back down by the table.

Geri gave me a small confused look and I gave him a small smile, reassuring him. After everyone was done eating, we all got into a big bus to take us to the airport.

I was sitting alone since Geri was sitting with Puyol and Miranda was sitting with Ibrahim, even though she offered to sit next to me.

I looked out the window and frowned.

Every single minute that I’m in this relationship with Gerard, it makes me guilty that Leo doesn’t know. We were always so close, there’s not a thing that we don’t tell each other.

And I’m keeping this away from him.

Over the past few days, Leo and I had gotten a bit distant and the last thing he said to me was ‘thanks’ when I handed him his phone last night at the club.

I looked down at my hands and thought about it a little bit more when I felt someone lurch into the seat beside me. I quickly looked up to see Geri.

“Geri? What—”

“Puyol was calling Vanessa and I didn’t really want to be in their way.” He explained. I nodded and he looked around before he rested his hand on mine, squeezing it reassuringly.

“You look pretty sad.” Geri muttered, staring intently at me. I shrugged and looked down at our hands. “You can tell me anything, nena. You know that, right?” he asked.

I sighed and leaned into Gerard, “I’m just not close to Leo anymore. I don’t know what’s going to happen anymore.”

Geri caressed my thumb with his and kissed my temple. I had chosen a seat at the very back of the bus and no one was behind us or beside us.

“It’s alright, nena. You guys are twins, it’ll get better for you two.” He reassured me.

“I think I should tell him about us.” I said, gesturing towards our conjoined hands. He nodded and I smiled, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.
-

Leo, Anto and I walked into the big house and I walked towards my room, setting my bag down and sitting down on the spacious bed.

Leo passed my room and I bit my lip. I had to tell him now before things got too out of hand.

“Leo!” I called. “Si!” I heard him call back before he walked back to my room. He stood by the doorway and looked at me expectantly.

I patted the spot next to me on the bed and he sat down.

“I have to tell you something.” The both of us said at the same time, making me smile.

“You go first.” The two of us said together again. “You go.” We said again. We started chuckling until it got serious again, “Together.” I said. He nodded and I braced myself for the truth.

“1, 2, 3—”

“Antonella’s pregnant.”

“I’m dating Gerard.”

The truth stunned each of us and we were left staring at each other with our jaws on the floor.

“WHAT?” we said in unison again.

“You explain first.” Leo grumbled, crossing his arms.

“Leo, I’ve always liked him. And we just sort of confessed it to each other right after the after party and…yeah. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner, Leo.” I frowned.

Leo bit his lip, “But…what about Lucas?”

I shook my head and looked down at my hands, “He’s the past, Leo. He never did make me happy. Gerard does.”

Leo thought about it for a while and the both of us were silent but Leo nodded his head anyway. “Alright, then. But if he breaks your heart, I’ll break his private regions.” Leo growled.

I giggled and nodded, giving Leo a hug.

“Congratulations on your little baby, Leo. I’m going to go talk about babies with Antonella now.” I joked, running towards the bedroom so I could yelp about little babies with my sister in law.
♠ ♠ ♠
pretty boring chapter :/ not my best. but it was pretty long! x