‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

A New Student

I sigh before taking the last bite of my corn muffin, washing it down with tea. I pull on my jacket and rush out the, house I don't want to be late. I am glad that I’ve some friends– Paige, Matt, Stewart and Lacey. They’re a cool group of students, but I feel like I don’t really fit in. I think I am closest to Stewart but maybe that's just because he loves that I helped write If You Can't Hang. Anyway, I really do like them, they are so fun to be around.

I think that Paige so beautiful. She stands at the same height as me so I can clearly see her hazel upturned slanted eyes and straight blonde hair. When I met her, she was extremely sun kissed.

“I came back from a vacation at Mexico,” she told me, flaunting her tan.

She’s a so slim, but boy, can the girl eat! I think that is one of the reasons why I like her – we met each other at the snack table during the orientation. Figures. She is more of the preppy type; all way neat and organized, matches everything perfectly, speaks properly. You know how it goes.

Matt is a little taller than me, maybe 5’9, has short dark brown curly hair, and pale blue eyes. Such a beautiful combination. He isn’t one to work out, but he isn’t lanky either, so he’s in good shape. He likes to wear button downs with slacked jeans for uniform, and for those off days that we have; he just wears skinny jeans and graphic tees. Just to top it all off, Matt is seriously geeked out. He is a super gamer and is into so many fandoms, along with going to little comic conventions and what not. My sister would get along just well with him.

Stewart on the other hand is considered the ‘cool’ one of the group. He’s into rock and such, so he’s your average Joe in wearing band tees and dark skinny jeans. When we’re in school though, he wears oversized tee shirts or muscle tees, along with dark gray skinny jeans. You will never see this guy without headphones on – whether it’s plugged into his ears or just hanging around his neck – he needs his hourly dose of music. He will only wear converse and vans, so I heard from Paige, and I’ve noticed it too lately. He’s not as tall as Matt, but still taller than Paige and I, with brown eyes and black hair shaved down into a crew cut. He has olive toned skin and gauges with a ton of other piercings. He works out often, with his biceps peeking through his shirt. Paige said that he once lifted an entire single desk with his left arm. Strong and hot, not that I noticed.

Then there’s Lacey. She has gorgeous gray eyes with big rimmed glasses. Her naturally tan skin probably makes Paige occasionally jealous. Her wavy maroon dyed bob, is to die for. Guys are forever giving her looks wherever we go. She has a curvy body, a little on the chunky side, chunky and charming as she says. To be honest, she reminded me a little bit of Lizzy when I first met her. At least Lacey can embrace her awesome curves – unlike Lizzy. She loves graphic tees just as much as Matt, I feel like they compete some times which is normal since they’re brother and sister by the way. She even wears his shirts, which I thought was cute and reminded me of when I use to borrow my oldest brother’s clothing a few years back. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some form fitting clothes, but the occasional somewhat baggy clothing is great. Spending so much time with her brother had rubbed off some nerdom onto her. Sometimes her and Matt get into heated debates about which super hero is better in a realistic view. Or whether it would be easy for Anakin to learn Klingonor will he just end up chopping his instructor’s hand off or something. I don’t know. Anyway, I can tell Stewart likes her, but she pretends she doesn't know.

Woodville High school of the Arts is very different from my first high school, Rosedale High School. It’s a little more high maintenance, with gourmet school lunches and flat screen TV’s in each classroom for morning announcements by the student council. There’s a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities. My first high school was a gritty run down small school in an old warehouse building. The principals were always being replaced, and there was this one teacher, Mr. Jennings, who had such a monotone voice; his class seemed to drag on forever. At this school we wear uniforms, something we didn’t do at Rosedale. The school colors are gray and purple, which I like a lot. It’s a little laid back here compared to MJA though, we can wear jeans and stuff, as long as it those two colors. They even let us throw black.

When I arrive to school I chain my bike to one of the bike racks out front before walking in. I like the way this place looks; the polished floors, the big windows to let in the sun light, even the long corridors plastered with murals. I make my way to my first period of the day; advisory. It’s not really considered a class; it’s just an extra 20 minutes to prepare for our upcoming classes. I take my seat next to Paige and watch her as she looks through today’s schedule - both her personal one and the one for school. When she’s done being an organizing freak she looks up at me and greets me with a good morning.

“What are our plans for today?” I ask, tapping her planner.

“Oh, today after school Lace and I were thinking bout checking out the new Starbucks that was opened yesterday. It’s like three blocks from here, plus I heard that the customers that come during the first five days of its opening get a free card with their purchase.”

She smiles big, knowing that I would tag along since there’s food included.

“That sounds awesome; I love their chocolate caramel muffins. Ooh! Not to mention their white chocolate mocha; amaaaazing,” I sing.

“Yep, I really do hope it’s true,” she says, tapping her pen on the desk. “So anyways, did you hear about the new kid?”

I shake my head, “nope. Foreign exchange student?”

I raise my eyebrows, feeling hopeful. She giggles and shakes her head.

“No, I wish he was though. Stewart said that he met him this morning in his advisory. I think he mentioned his name is Max, but I forgot the last name.” My heart beat picks up; the familiarity with the name brings back bad memories. She continues, “I believe he said with was Snicket or something?”

“Snicket is the last name of an author, do you mean Schneider?”

There’s no way it’s him. Out of all the schools in Georgia he can’t be-

“That’s it! That’s the name! Wow, that’s weird, do you know the guy?”

“You have no idea,” I say, putting my head down on my desk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let us now what you think.
- K_K