‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Friends and Food

It has been such a long day, with finals, mid-terms, projects, the play and winter fest racing towards us I feel worn out. Maybe I shouldn’t have joined the party planning committee, but I need to have insider info so I know how to dress. Whatever, I am just glad that I have time to relax. So now I sit with my legs crossed in Vic’s room on his carpeted floor. I wonder why he had the carpet installed. I shake the uselessly thoughts from my head so I could focus on Vic, who is once again talking in circles. I pouted at him. This boy is such a freaking mess; ever since Lizzy he can’t seem to get his head on straight. His little love triangle between the screwed up twins is driving me crazy. I thought just one was bad but he had to add another point of affection to his already crowded up emotions. He is really stressing himself out not to mention he is losing so much sleep. I am surprised that his grades aren’t suffering. This poor guy can’t pick ‘em from a line up. He is stuck between ‘any guy’ Ally and ‘two timing’ Naomi. I huff as he once again goes through the pros and cons of each girl who is on his mind.

“Okay, pros for Ally. Well she is my best friend,” he runs his hands through his growing hair, “she is a cool chick and she seems to get me. I trust her; she has been there for me through my hard times. But she has plenty of flaws. I mean granted she is all over the place romantically but I am really one to talk?” I roll my eyes in response. “Now to Naomi, she is funny, smart, pretty, and boy can she cook. Not to mention she always sees thing on the bright side, which is the ultimate plus for me. I mean who wants to be with a downer? Then there are her cons. She uses the worst pet names, which is annoying as all hell. Of course, her biggest con is she is a complete and total idiot for that tool of a boyfriend of hers, Reggie. Ugh, the fact that he is her boyfriend is what the worst part of this whole thing is. I mean seriously, why can’t she see that he is clearly using her? ”

“Why can’t you see that they are clearly using you?” I raise my eyebrows at him and stare until he looks away from me. “Victor, listen to me. If they really cared about you, I mean really cared, they would just give you space that you clearly need. You never really let yourself heal after Lizzy. You didn’t give yourself the time you needed; you went straight to be with Tally, then Sonia, now this. You need time, and maybe lots of it. Amico, I beg you, take my advice. Or find a new girl to cling your affections to, a healthy, single girl. I just want what is best for you.”

He sits on the edge of his bed and sighs loudly. He looks at me in a defeated manner before he throws himself back onto the bed. He lays there in silence for a while; it seemed like forever with neither one of us moving. I wonder if I hit a nerve, a part of me hopes that I did, just so he can have a knee jerk reaction to make some changes. Some changes for the better. He sighs again, I could tell he is going to speak, I hold my breath for what he is going to say.

“You are right Roxy. I mean why do all these girls just want me after their first choice turns out to be a huge mistake?” He lifts up his arms to make his point, huffing again. “I don’t get it.”

I give him a sad look, “You were Kathy’s first choice.”

He sits up and gives me a sad smile, “I guess I was. I really messed that up, huh?”

“I don’t think so. Maybe you should try giving her a call; I bet you still have a shot with her.” I get up and stretch my legs, “My husband should be done grading papers, so I am going to head back to our place now. Call her Victor, I mean it.” I give him a stern look before blowing him a kiss. “Don’t be too hard on yourself; you are a great catch, you just keeping getting hooked by the wrong girls.”

He picks up the phone and makes a show of dialing his cell, “I sure hope you are right.”

I leave his room feeling triumphant, that should bust up Ally’s little heartbreaking plan. I roll my eyes as I make my way out of the dorm building; I swear the girl just wants attention. I don’t know how she is even related to someone like Lizzy. I get to my apartment and unlock the door. I am hit with the scent of my very favorite meal, chicken parmigiana with linguine in a light garlic sauce and fresh made bread. I smiled to myself; I know who's cooking this is. Especially since Brendon usually asks me what to cook before he does. My hunch is right when I get to the kitchen table. There sitting at the table is Lizzy, with her hubby Kellin and my Brendon. I kiss my love, holding his face in my hands, I love him so much. When I pull away I smile at Lizzy and her perfect match.

“Hello Dolcezza, what’s the occasion?” I sit next my husband, grabbing his hands into mine.

Lizzy gives me her signature wide smile, “Well Kellin and I’s anniversary is fast approaching so we won't be on campus for winter break again this year. So I just wanted to spend time with you before we left to Turk and Cacios.” Then she looks at her hands in her lap, a faint blush starts to color her checks. “I also really wanted to thank you guys for how much of a help you have been to me these past seven months.” She looks back up at me, “So I decided to make your favorite food. Of course the pasta is on the side for me and Kellin to eat without the meat. Oh,” she looks me in the eyes with her shining brightly, “I made brownies and I got vanilla ice cream to top it off.”

I feel my heart well up with such a sweet unexplainable emotion, “Thank you Dolcezza.”

The rest of the night was spent eating and laughing. After dinner we played heads up, and then trouble. We turned on the playstation and started to play Lego marvel. We stayed up well into the wee hours of the morning, not really concerned that tomorrow we have practice for the winter play. At three a.m I lay my head on Lizzy’s shoulder as we watch Hunger Games, Kellin and Brendon snoozing beside us.

“You are the best Dolcezza, you really are.”

She pulls back and smiles at me, “I was just thinking the same about you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
More Roxy ;) You can see that her feelings for Ally has not changed.

-Hana ♥