‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Who are You

This is not how I wanted to start my day. I wish that Ally would have kept her mouth shut, as usually she can’t do that one thing. I roll my eyes; I miss the old Ally so much. Quite frankly don’t like this air head, happy go lucky, faux innocence Ally. This Ally gets on my nerves; she is clingy, dependent, and naive. I know it’s not her fault but every day I desperately wish it will be the day that she regains her memories. I bite my lip, I mean I am happy that she is alive, but this isn’t really her. This is Ally when she was ten year old and thought the world was amazing because life hadn’t taught her otherwise yet. I guess Naomi can tell I was zoned out because she was waving her hand back and forth in front of my face with one hand on her hip.

“Whatever, I am leaving then.” She walks past me and starts to head for the door.

That’s when I remember everything she said. I can’t let her so that.

“NO!” I grab Naomi’s wrist while Kellin and Vic just watch in a helpless awe. I am the last person you expect to even get slightly physical with someone. Let alone Ally’s best friend. “You will not speak to JT! You shouldn’t even know about any of this, the police told us to keep it hush hush. So keep it to yourself. Go back to your room, coo over Vic and pretend not to know. ”

“We are putting her life in danger!” She yanks her arm away. “I am not going to pretend that everything is fine when Ally is a sitting duck in her apartment.”

“Yes you are, because if you don’t you will be putting everyone’s life in danger! Plus the person will know that we on to him or her and they will just change how they will get to Ally. Which won’t be helpful to us at all, and then we will have no leads and no ways of knowing where this person will strike next. You think Ally will be safe then?” I force her to face me and Kellin blocks our door so she can’t leave. “You will even be putting your own life in danger. Do you want to die that badly? How would that help anyone? They need to find this guy, so let the cops do their work and cooperate with the instructions. Back off, end of discussion.”

“Oh so you would trade Ally’s life just so you can be safe in your apartment all cuddled up with Kellin. You don’t care about her at all.” She glares at me and rage flares up within me.

“Don’t act as if your two years as Ally’s friend entitled you to make any decision here! If you were really her best friend that you wouldn’t be dating the only guy Ally has ever genuinely cared about.” I glare right back at her.

She takes two big steps back; it looks like I punched in the gut. Her eyes are wide and filling up with hurt and tears. I could tell that she wants to cry but won’t let herself. I know that I stooped too low but I have to get my point across. Vic raises his eyebrow at me, I could tell he wants to say something but I know he won’t dare. I stare him down until his eyes go downcast and he sighs in defeat. I feel my hands trembling, I decide to bury my guilt and fight to do what is right. This is about the big picture. Besides Ally agreed to this, she said she was fine and a DT moved across the hall to keep an eye on her. She was well protected and would be fine. I bite the inside of my check and suck it up; Naomi is messing with the wrong girl today. I have to protect my sister, it’s my job not hers. She is crossing a line.

“How could you say that to me? Ally said she was over Vic!” She tries to regain herself but her voice was shaking.

“She lied! She kissed him while he was with me! If she isn’t showing loyalty to me then trust me she won’t to you.” I stare her down, daring her to protest. After a few moments of her silence I know I won. “You keep your mouth shut and go back to focusing on Vic. The only way you can help Ally is by helping her to remember who she is.”

Her eyes are on the floor and her whole demeanor has changed, “fine.” She mumbles, “Can I at least spend next weekend with her? Is that okay? I mean school will be out for us by then and I can just leave before the end of year showcase, it will be fine.”

“No,” I shake my head, “Ally’s coming here for the showcase and will spend the summer on campus getting to learn everything about this place again before the next school year. If her memories don’t return she will have to start over as a year one.”

My heart aches, Ally worked so hard to get on the top five, now she has to start all over again. From scratch like she is a freshman, what if she can’t sing anymore? No one has heard her sing since the accident. What if she can’t write music? What if she no longer has what it takes to make it at this school? Worse yet, what if she doesn’t even care about this place anymore? She isn’t the sister who squealed with me when we got into this school. Now she is someone new, what if she will never be that girl again?

“Have you been sharing with her? Showing her videos? How about pictures? Telling her stories?” Naomi sits on the couch and Vic sits next to her.

“Yes, yes, yes and yes. Everything, we have all been working hard at it. My mom, dad, brothers, everyone here, every second Ally is being crammed with reminders. So far not a single thing has been remembered.” I sit on the floor. “I miss her, you know.? My Ally.”

“But, she is trying hard to be close to you now. Why miss her like she was? You guys were so distant.” Vic’s voice is laced with confusion.

“We may have been distant but we had an unspoken bond and who she was then was my sister. I knew her; I knew how she would react to things. I knew what would make her laugh, cry, and dance. I knew how to cheer her up and how to push her buttons. We fought but we made up together.” I look at the floor and try not to cry. “Now I don’t know her and she doesn’t know me. She is a stranger. One who is trying so hard to be something we are not. One who I can’t trust to let in because this Ally, she could make all the same mistakes she has in the past. It would be all too easy for her to do because she has nothing that she has learned from. She knows nothing, I mean she called me yesterday and said she went on a date with Max. MAX!” I tuck my legs against my chest and sigh, “Ally needs to remember or she will have to learn everything the hard way again.”

The room was filled with a heavy silence. No one saying a single a word because what could we say, I had already said it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters away from year four!!!

-Hana ♥