Status: Finished :(

Best Friends Means...

twenty two

Harry's P.O.V.

"Elle, it's 10 o'clock at night and you're going to feel horrible on the plane ride home if we don't get some food in you and get out of this pub." I nudged Elle's arm as she was talking to some friends we had made at the pub down the road from the distillery.

"Hold on." I heard her drunkenly mumble to the girl sitting across from her at the long table we were sitting at. Elle stood up and pulled me up with her, pulling me to the back of the crowded pub. She threw her back against the wall and pulled me against her body, looping her fingers through my belt loops and thrusting her hips outwards to meet mine. "Do you wanna leave this pub so you can fuck me, or are you just bored?" The look in her eyes caused me to swallow hard, unable to answer.

"Both? If you're offering." I placed one hand beside her head and propped my body against hers, leaning my weight on my arm.

"You know what?" She slurred out. "I like pissing you off, if you couldn't tell. Seeing you get all riled up is so sexy, Harry." She reached and pushed a curl out of my face as I just stared back at the drunken girl in front of me. "Especially when that vein right there pops out." I felt her warm finger trail down my neck to trace the vein in my neck she was talking about. "And when your face turns red. And when your voice almost goes hoarse because you're so mad at me."

"I don't ever get mad at you, Elle. You're just-"

"Frustrating, I know." She rolled her eyes and finished my sentence for me. At least she knew she drove me up the wall crazy most of the time. "But I really do love you, Harry."

"I love you too, princess." I leaned in to kiss her but she turned her face away from me. I kissed her cheek instead, feeling her face heat up beneath my lips. I placed kisses from her cheek, down her neck and started sucking on a sweet spot. "We really should get going, I can get in a load of trouble if we get caught."

"That's half the fun, isn't it?" Elle's dark eyes caught mine and I returned the glare, crashing my lips to hers. Our faces collided with such force that I swore I could have hurt her if I kissed her any harder. I was hungry for this girl. Hungry for her always sweet lips, for the way her soft hips felt under my strong hands. We had been going at each other all day, constantly bickering, and being able to hold her like this felt good. It felt right. Everything with Elle always felt so right. I didn't feel like I had to try with her like I always had to with other girls. Maybe its because we already knew each other so well that everything else decided to just fall into place. "Bathroom." Elle mumbled against my lips and she didn't have to repeat the command as I peeled myself off from her body and pulled her to the bathroom. I was thankful for the one bathroom stall that had a lock on it as I checked to see if anyone was watching us enter the square room together. I'd worry about exiting once we were done.

"You've been driving me mental all day." I mumbled into Elle's neck as I felt her fumbling with the button and zipper on my jeans. I placed my hands on the wall on either side of her and pushed my body up against hers. She teased the skin above my briefs with her nails, which caused my head to roll back and I had to restrain myself from letting out a groan.

"What was that, Harry?" She asked, innocently, and started biting on my neck.

"Get on your knees, Elle." Before I had time to realize what an asshole I was making of myself by saying that to the girl that I loved and respected more than any other woman on this planet, I felt my jeans and briefs being yanked down my legs. Elle wasted no time in getting to work, I felt her take my entire length into her mouth as I let out a moan, unable to hold back how good it felt. "Fuck, you're amazing." I leaned all of my weight onto one hand and tangled the other hand into her hair, guiding her up and down my hard length.

I watched from above as she moved her head as quickly as her drunken self could. "Slow down, baby." I coaxed her, trying to see if I could hold out long. I felt my toes tingle as she cupped my balls and started working them. "Elle, seriously, if you don't stop I'm going to cum in like a minute."

"Good." She hummed as she licked the vein of my penis to the tip, licking the precum off. "I like all of your veins." It would've been a strange compliment in any other situation, but I knew exactly what she was talking about and her words made me groan out again. "Go ahead and cum, Harry."

She reattached her mouth to my cock and started sucking, licking and bobbing her head again. I held out a few more minutes before I felt the familiar feeling start to wash over me as I braced myself for the release. "I'm going to-" was all I could get out before I exploded in Elle's mouth. I heard her gulp several times, taking all that she could of the mess I had made in her mouth. She stood up and I pushed her back against the wall. "You have no idea how amazing that felt." I said, touching my nose to her and kissing her on the lips, tasting salt on her red lips. Suddenly, Elle was pushing me backwards and I stumbled, tripping over my jeans that were still at my ankle. I caught myself on the sink that was behind me and watched as she was almost magnetized to the toilet on the mint green floor of the pub.

"Fuck, Elle." I pulled my clothes back on as she retched her stomach contents out into the porcelain throne. I pulled her brown hair back off from her face, grabbed the pony tail holder off of her limp wrist and fastened her hair back. "Babe, it's alright." I stooped over and rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

"I'm so-" She tried speaking but was interrupted by yet another hurl. I flushed the toilet after every gut wrenching heave she was making, unable to stand the smell of the alcohol contents of her stomach, and I'm sure that was just making her sickness even worse. After a few minutes of her heaving, she had finally ceased. I wet a paper towel for her and wiped her mouth off. She looked like a ghost, her lips pale and her eyes were lifeless. "I'm so sorry, Harry. I'm disgusting. I didn't just throw up because of your penis, I threw up-"

I was laughing, but interrupted her apology. "I know why you threw up. Because you've been drinking since 3 PM today and you haven't had a thing to eat."

"Good to know your ego is still in check, popstar." She grabbed the paper towel from me and cleaned her face up herself. "Help me up." She reached her hands up at me and I pulled her up gently, letting her adjust to standing before we started to move out of the bathroom.

"You gonna be alright to ride in the car?"

"Maybe... We should go grab some food to eat first. I don't think I'm ready for the motion of the car yet." She kissed me on the cheek, forgetting that she was faintly scented with the smell of her own vomit. "I'm sorry, I need a piece of gum or something."

I reached in my pocket and pulled out a piece and popped it in her mouth for her and she placed another kiss on my cheek. "Let's get you out of here." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it as I led her back to the table of people we had been talking to all afternoon. "Little Elle decided it was time for her to get sick from this afternoons activities, so we've gotta get going. Early flight tomorrow morning." A chorus of "no!"'s and such circled from around the table. "Thanks for the fun evening though. If we ever come back around, we'll know where to find you!" We waved as I led Elle out of the pub.

The cool air hit both of our faces like a brick wall and I was immediately shivering. Elle seemed unaffected, she probably had enough alcohol in her body to warm her up. "I want some fish and chips." I heard her pouting from beside me. "Zip your pants up, silly." She reached over to assist me but I swatted her hand away as people walked the crowded street, giving us judging looks.

"Now everyone's going to know I got blown in the bathroom. Thanks, babe."

"You told me to get on my knees." She repeated back to me, and a shiver went down my spine.

We walked into the nearest place that looked like a place that would have some type of food for Elle. She sat across me in the booth, her hair a complete mess and all I could do was chuckle at how horrible her ponytail looked. But in all honesty, she looked beautiful. The color was returning to her face, and she had the drunk giggles that she always gets. She pushed a few pieces of hair away from her eyes as her giggles died down and she read the menu. I sat opposite her and admired her as she smiled a toothy grin at reading the menu.

"What are you looking at, Styles?" She shot her head up at me and I just shook my head and read my menu. Elle had no idea how much I adored her. How I adored how perfect she was in my eyes. The way that she has always been able to cheer me up, or get me out of my terrible moods by just a simple phone call or touch of our hands. Dating my best friend was turning out to be one of the best decisions I had ever made.

___

Elle's P.O.V.

"Harry." I said, shaking the sleeping beam beside me. "Harry. Harry. I'm going to be sick."

Harry's body shot up in bed and pulled me out of the bed. It was 3 in the morning and I had been lying in the bed, still trying to sober up from my drinking activities. I felt like I had been hit like a bus even though I hadn't even slept. I crouched in front of the toilet and sure enough, my stomach was emptying itself once again.

"I hate myself." I managed to get out before the next wave of nausea came over me. "I'm not going to be able to make it on the plane." I said as I felt Harry's hand rubbing my back. He was always the best person to get sick around because he was never bothered by my puking. Well, if it did bother him, he never acted like it.

"You don't hate yourself. I'm really sorry I got you this drunk today." He frowned as he looked down at me slumping against the wall.

"You didn't do this to me. I made the choice. I'm so mad at myself. God, I haven't gotten this drunk in a long time."

"That's how I know you're drunk."

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"You always say "I haven't been this drunk in a long time." Everytime you get drunk. It's cute. It's how I know when to start cutting you off."

"Why didn't you cut me off tonight, you asshole?!"

"Because I would have had to cut you off at 4 P.M. You've been saying that statement once or twice an hour since you started drinking." I rolled my eyes as Harry was probably right.

"Just go back to sleep, you need the rest more than me." I waved Harry off to go back to the bedroom but he just sat up on the bathroom counter. "I'm really almost done-"

Another wave of nausea overcame my body as I curled my body up to the cold, white porcelain toilet. "Almost done?" I heard Harry ask from above me and I held up my middle finger to him.

I puked a few more times, but decided to make camp on the bathroom floor for a few more minutes. "I'm really sorry about today, by the way." I apologized.

"About what?" Harry was gazing down at me, and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Being a complete bitch. About Taylor, about staying in the same bed, about making you cancel your dinner plans for tonight. I fucked everything up. I'm so selfish, Harry."

"It's okay." he said, and twiddled with his thumbs. "Do you really think I treat you like all my other girlfriends? Because I swear, Elle. I know I've told you but I don't think you quite understand just how much I love you. You mean so much to me. You're so beautiful in every way, even puking over the toilet for hours. I still love you. I'-" Harry hesitated and I cocked my head, waiting for him to continue. "I'll always love you, Elle."

"I've always loved you, Harry. And I always will."

"But I've fallen in love with you, and it's been the most amazing feeling I've ever had in my entire life. I'd do anything to keep you safe, to make sure you feel like you're loved. You'-you're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, Elle." Harry closed his eyes after the statement left his mouth waiting for my reply.

"I-I.." I stuttered, searching for what I wanted to say.

"I shouldn't have said that, fuck." Harry muttered, hopping off the counter top and storming out of the bathroom. I felt a tear run down my face. I've never felt so loved before than I did right now with Harry.

I stood up from the bathroom floor and flushed the contents one last time before brushing my teeth and searching for Harry once I realized the bedroom was empty. His back was to me and he was leaning against the kitchen island, his back muscles flexing and reflecting the dim lighting in the kitchen.

"Haz." I said as I approached him. "You didn't let me answer."

"Your silence answered for you."

"Harry, fucking, Styles. Look at me." I stomped my foot and let out a little whine. He continued staring at the pattern in the counter top. "Harry!" I punched his arm and he looked at me, the emotional pain he was feeling was evident in his eyes.

"Harry Styles. I love you more than I ever knew I could love anyone. You do make me feel loved, and I've never felt like this from someone else before. You've helped me through anything and everything in my life, even if you were unaware of it. I've always been able to lean on you when I needed some support, you've been better than my own family. You make me feel like I'm the only person in the room when its really you and I in a room of crowded people. I don't know how you do it, but you can make me so mad at you and then three seconds later I'm forgiving you. Harry, I'm hopelessly in love with you. The thought of my life without you makes my chest hurt, and it makes me feel like there's a hole in my heart. I never want to have to go a day without knowing that you're mine. I've never felt this possessive over someone like I am over you, even if I don't show it. I never want anyone else to kiss you, to hold you... To tell you that they love you. Because I love you, Harry Styles. I'm in love with my best friend. And I wouldn't even dream about spending the rest of my life with anyone else." By the end of my speech, Harry had padded over to me and placed both hands on either side of my waist.

"Did you just propose to me?" Harry asked with a cheeky grin, our noses almost touching.

"No, I didn't have a ring!" I played back, swatting at his chest.

"But I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...