Changes Aren't Always Bad

Tantrums

~Jordan's POV~

"I honestly can't believe Oliver left without me." I say to Alex as I pull open the front door to the main hallway.

I slept through my alarm this morning and Oliver didn't even bother to wake me up. What kind of brother are you?

"Haha, well maybe it was because he missed Julie." she tells me before pointing in the direction of his locker, and there he was, making out with Julie.

I slightly shake my head at the scene I just witnessed. "He could've at least waken me up before he left."

"Get a room you two!" I turn around to see Jerex walking towards us laughing. When I take a glance at the "It" couple, I earn a glare from Oliver. Oh boy.

Alex gives him a toothy smile, "Morning Jerex."

"Morning Alex. So how are you two this fine morning?" he asks before wrapping his arms around us.

"Jordy was ditched this morning." she tells him in a teasing tone.

"What?" He looks from Alex to me, "Really, but Oliver usually takes you, right?"

"Well not today. He was a little busy." I answer him, pointing towards Oliver and Julie.

When we got to my locker I hurried and put in the combination.

0-2-0. Easiest combination ever.

"Well I need to talk to Liv about some homework. I'll catch you two later." Alex salutes us before jogging down the hall.

"So.." He stretches the word as he leans against the neighbor lockers, "Have you seen or talked to Kellan at all this morning?"

That's right, Kellan's back.

After grabbing the correct books I need for first period, I shut my locker. "Um no I haven't, you?" He shakes his head in response. "I was planning on looking for him during lunch." I tell him.

"I was thinking about the same thing." He said.

Jerex and I start coming up with a plan to search for Kellan in case he wasn't in the cafeteria. Then the hallway became really quiet. Like scary quiet.

"Why is everyone so quiet?" I ask no one in particular. Looking around I notice everyone looking in the same direction. Following their eyes, I come to a stop at the front doors. The figure walking through them actually.

"What is it Jordan?" Jerex asks following my glaze. "Oh."

Absolute silence. Every eye on Kellan as he makes his way down the hall. From the way some of the girls were looking at him, it reminded me of a pack of wolves ready to pounce on their prey.

This silence isn't weird at all.

"Hey Kellan, come over here for a second!" Jerex yelled breaking the silence. Kellan's face expression stays the same as he makes his way towards us. "Morning man." Jerex pats his back.

He nods, "You too man. Morning Jordan."

"Morning Kellan. Do you know where your classes are?"

"Not a clue." He smiles while I take his schedule.

Wow all the same classes. Was this by accident?

I hand his schedule back to him as the bell rings. "We have all the same classes."

Jerex and Kellan continue to talk about who knows what on our way to physics. Walking in I notice people in different seats and the seats drawn on the white board with our names written inside each desk.

Great new seats.

I step closer to the board to look for my new seat then go sit down. Mr. Parker isn't here yet so the class is full of chatter. I turn to take a pencil out of my bag when I feel a presence near me. Sitting up straight I look over and notice Cole setting next to me. Great.

Cole. A junior like the rest of us. Like his brother, I never liked him. He's Caleb's twin, except Cole is popular for a different reason. He doesn't get involved with school activities like Caleb. For example, sports or dances, you'll rarely catch Cole anywhere near them. Cole causes trouble. A lot of trouble. He keeps to himself, but like Caleb, he has a bad temper and always resorts to physical responses. I guess you could say Cole's the bad boy of the school. Detention is like a second home for him, but he never ditches class. I've only talked to him once and it was for a school assignment. Other than that I never saw him around except for in class. When I do he's usually causing a fight.

I look around and notice Jerex and Kellan sitting next to each other. "Jerex you lucky ass." I whisper to myself.

"Is the famous Jordan jealous?" I hear next to me.

I turn to see Cole staring at me while leaning on his hand. "No why would I be jealous?" I ask him.

"C'mon Jordan. He's your childhood friend. Why wouldn't you be jealous of Jerex right now?"

What the hell? "How do you know that Cole?"

He sits straight before answering me, "We've known each other since pre-school. I notice things."

"What are you talki..."

"Alright class sorry i'm late. Did you find your new seats?"

"Yes." The class answers Mr. Parker in their zombie tones.

I look at Cole to find him leaning back in his chair relaxed, paying attention to Parkers lecture.

What are you talking about?

I look towards where Kellan and Jerex are seated, they're whispering to each other and every once and a while they'll glance back here.

What is with today?

~~

~Kellan's POV~

When we walk into physics, Jordan glances around before walking towards the white board. Looking at it I notice it's the seats with names. New seats?

I spot my name next to Jerex's then we both sit down. The teacher isn't here yet so the room is full of chatter.

My eyes like to wonder around the room when I'm bored. I stop examining the room when they land on Jordan next to Caleb. Oh hell no!

I turn around and whisper to Jerex, "Dude what is Caleb doing next to Jordan?" He could probably hear how cold my voice sounded. I could even hear it.

He looks from me to Jordan, then turns and looks at me again. "Dude chill that's Cole, his twin." I look back and see the two talking.

There's two of them? Cole? He looks like the complete opposite of Caleb. Maybe he's cool.

I Look around and notice a few girls drooling over him. So he''s popular with the girls? Niice. I mentally smirk.

I'm definitely going to hang with him. Maybe I can get into Caleb's head a few times.

"Alright class, sorry i'm late. Did you find your new seats?" everyone response in a zombie tone. I glance back at Jordan to catch Cole already staring at me. I give him a nod and earn one in return before turning back to the front to listen to the teacher's lecture.

~~

~Jordan's POV~

By the time lunch comes around, i'm exhausted. I was only able to sleep for like 4 hours because of my English essay. "I need a nap!" I yell falling on to the grass with Alex. So far it's just me, Alex, Brandon, Derek, Alila and Leo. The rest are probably getting their lunch. "I hate English and writing and anything to do with that stupid subject!" I whine.

"Damn Jordy that bad?" Olly asks as he sits on the bench with Julie.

"Yes that bad. I only got 4 hours of sleep. I can't handle this class anymore." I'm practically throwing a tantrum on the grass. Man I could be embarrassing myself.

Oh. Fucking. Well.
"Jordan what are you doing?" I look up to see Jerex and Kellan.

"I'm throwing a tantrum. What are you doing?" I ask while sitting in an Indian position.

"Your mom!" I turn to see Caleb leaning up against his car with Lydia attached to his hip.

"Shut the fuck up Caleb!" said Oliver.

"Damn Caleb go away." said Brandon.

"Why doesn't your faggot-ass make me?" He asks Brandon with a smirk plastered to his face.

I stand straight up getting pissed. "Caleb shut your fucking mouth and don't ever talk like that to Brandon again!" I'm furious now. He's doing it again. He's fucking using Brandon to piss me off. Dick!

"Caleb leave them alone." I turn around to come face to face with Cole.

Great.

"Cole." I whisper.

He smirks, "The one and only sweetheart."

I walk away from the Twins and go sit with my group. No. I'm not dealing with them.

~~

Last period of the day and I'm sitting here watching the slowest clock in the world. Kellan is sitting next to me. Pissed. Fucking Caleb has to piss everyone off. I still don't understand why Kellan's so mad. I want to ask but I dont want to piss him off anymore.

~2 hours ago~

"Well i'm seriously going to punch Caleb in the nose." I say.

"You did that yesterday Jordy."

"Wait, what?! Jordan you punched Caleb yesterday?" I look at Oliver and see his very uncommon 'surprised' expression.

"Yup." I say popping the P. "He was talking shit about Brandon."

Both Oliver and Brandon's eyes grow wide. "Foreal?" They say in unison. As soon as I nod, the bell rings signaling the end of lunch.

"Hey Jordan can I walk you to class?"

"Sure Jerex." I tell him gathering my mess of trash.

We're walking towards my locker when we hear cheering and shouts from around the corner. We look at each other before jogging towards the cheering.

Jogging down the rest of the hall, we come to a stop behind people cheering and shouting.

"Jordan do you know whats going on?"

"Not sure Jerex." I answer him before shoving people out of my way to get to the middle.

I start to notice 2 figures. Fists and I start to hear grunting. Getting closer to the scene I notice who 1 of the figures are. Caleb. Walking in closer I notice who the other is. Kellan. Not again.

"Yo guys stop it now." Jerex yells jumping in between them. "Whats going on with you 2?" he asks glancing from one another.

"This bastard needs to know where he stands here. Having a drunkard father." Caleb spat in his face while pointing to Kellan.

"Shut your damn mouth Caleb!" Kellan yells stepping towards him.

"Caleb where the hell did you get that shit from?" Cole asks walking from behind me.

"None of your business brother. Get lost."

I walk over to Kellan to check his bruises. "Kellan lets take you to the nurse."

He slaps my hand before i'm able to take hold of his arm."Jordan leave me alone i'm fine. I've been worse." He starts walking towards Caleb and Cole, when Jerex grabs his elbow.

"Kellan c'mon. You dont have to do this."

Kellan rips his arm from Jerexs grasp and continues walking toward the twins. "Kellan lets go!" I yell

"Jordan shut up!" Once he's in front of Caleb, he takes the opportunity to punch him in the jaw. Cole steps back.

Again Kellans on top of Caleb. Fists. Grunts. Blood. Cheers. Shouts. Screams. All combined in this one scene.

"You fucking piece of trash! Dont ever speak of that bastard as my father! He will never be in that category! NEVER!" Kellan continues beating up Caleb.

I'm shaking. Frightened. I know at this very moment that, that person who I was sure was my bestfriend is not. Instead he is someone else. Someone I dont know. He is definitely not the 6 year old I remember. No he is someone else. Someone completely different.

"Kellan quit! You already knocked out the bastard!" Jerex yells as he pulls Kellan off of Caleb.

"Get off me Jerex!" he shakes him off before walking down 1 of the halls.

"Kellan wait up!" I yell running after him.

"Jordan just leave me the hell alone. I don't need your pity." He tells me shoving his fists into his front pockets.

"I'm not pitying you Kellan. I just want to know if you're alright?"

We turn a corner before he speaks again. "Jordan I'm fine!"

Irritated I grab his arm pulling him back and turn him around. "You're not fine. What the hell is wrong?"

"Jordan I told you I don't want your fucking pity!"

"Kellan i'm not pitying you. Why are you so upset?"

"Jordan, I told you before. I hate that man. I absolutely despise the fucker. Last night I caught him stripping my mother of her clothing! The house was completely trashed when I got home! Jaz was home with those 2! Who knows what happened and what the poor thing saw! Never fucking call John my father! Ever!" With everything he says he takes a step towards me. I end up against some of the lockers with Kellan inches away yelling.

"I-I'm sorry.." I mutter.

We stare at each other for a few moments and I can see the anger in his eyes. So John really angers him? He's changed so much.

The bell rings breaking our contact and Kellan walks away.

"I'm so very sorry Kellan.." I whisper before following him to class.

~Present~

I want Kellan to stop his anger issues. Ever since he got back he's been nothing but angry. I wanna know why.

Once the bell rings I go straight to my locker. Turning the corner to my locker I see Jerex leaning up against it on his phone. As soon as I'm close enough, I start touching his screen messing up what he's texting.

"Really Jordan? Very mature." I smirk as I open my locker. "Have you seen Kellan since lunch?"

"Um yeah he was in my last class. Why?"

"Was he still pissed?"

After shutting my locker, I walk towards the parking lot. "Yeah he was. So John really does get on his nerves."

"Yup I can tell. Kellan has changed a lot."

I nod in agreement as I open the front doors. Over looking the parking lot, I notice Oliver leaning up against his car talking to Julie. "Great he remembered." I say to myself walking towards them.

"Hey Jordan."

I stop midway onto the street and turn around. "Yeah?"

As soon as Jerex catches up with me he scratches the back of his neck before speaking.

Odd.

"Since its Friday tomorrow, I was wondering if you wanted to hangout on Saturday? Just the 2 of us." He finished with a smile.

"Jordan hurry up, Mom has company over soon!" Oliver yells.

"Alright give me a sec Olly!" I yell back. "Sure Jerex I'd love to. See ya tomorrow!" I finish jogging towards Olly.

~~

We're getting ready for our dinner guests when the bell rings.

"Kiddies they're here!" Mom yells.

Great.

Walking down the stairs, I stop instantly when I see who our guests are.

A smirking Cole leaning against the door frame and a bruised black and purple Caleb.

Oh dear lordy. Kill me now. Tonight shall be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do MyLittleWeirdoReaders think of the cliff hanger ;) I tried making this chapter longer.