Changes Aren't Always Bad

The Boiling Point

~Recap~

No. Fucking. Way. It couldn't be.

I blink a few times thinking there was just dust in my eye. When I look back, it was in fact not dust but someone real. She was real. My best friend, Jordan. Damn I thought I'd never see her again.

I see someone waving in front of me so I look down and wink at her just to satisfy her apparent 'needs'. When I look back at Jordan, she's talking to a guy next to her. Then they both look at me.

No. Way. In. Hell. Is. This. Real.

Its Jerex. Jordan still talks to Jerex. They still hangout. They still talk. My best friends still talk. Even after I left they still continued to talk. I can't believe this. I'm back with my best friends.

Holy. Shit.

~~

~Kellan's POV~

Damn I can't believe this. I'm in the same class with my best friends. I haven't talk to them since I moved. What the hell am I gonna do now? Fuck. They're probably gonna ask me millions of questions. How am I suppose to answer when I didn't even talk about myself when I was gone. I knew no one cared so I didnt tell anyone. "Fuck!" I whisper/yell.

"What was that son?" Why the hell is everyone calling me son?

"Do I look like your son? No. So quit calling me that. I have a name, start using it teach." I smirk at him as he glares at me.

"Damn first day and you already have a tude." I look for who said that and my eyes stop on a football player in the middle of the room.

"Well looky here, its someone who plays with balls." I smirk at him as some kids laugh. I look towards Jordan and Jerex and they're both laughing then I make eye contact with Jordan.

"Alright thats enough laughing. Go sit down Kellan."

I look at teach breaking our contact, "Where exactly am I suppose to be sitting?"

"I don't care. Just take a seat next to Jerex in the back." He pointed to Jerex before starting his lecture again.

While walking towards Jerex, I noticed a few glares from the guys. Which caused me to smirk. Lovely I get to practice soon. Can't wait. Then a few winks from some girls. My winking back earned some giggles. Niiice. Thats like.. what? 6 ladies already. Damn my week is gonna be busy.

"Is it really you Kellan?" I look over to see both Jordan and Jerex staring at me.

I look back at the board before answering, "Yeah it's me." Kinda. Then the bell rings.

Walking out of the room I look around trying to figure out where I'm suppose to go. After glancing at my schedule, I start walking in one direction.

"Wait Kellan!" I turn around to see Jordan and Jerex running towards me.

"Sup guys."

Jordan catches her breath before speaking, "When did you get back, and whats with the get up?" she looks me up and down.

I smirk, "You like?" She looks at me then Jerex and raises an eyebrow.

"Um no actually. I think its quite stu..."

"When did you get back man?" Jerex cuts her off.

"A few months ago."

"Hows Melissa and George?" Jordan asks. I look at her and see a very small light in her left eye. What the fuck is that? "Hello?" she stretches the word while waving a hand in front of my face.

I shake my head, "Huh? Oh um moms alright. Dad I don't know anymore."

Jerex tilts his head a little to the right, "Why not?"

"Because the last time I talk to him was 4 years ago." I start to walk away.

"Wait Kellan! Why so long ago? What happened?" asks Jordan sounding worried

I really hate talking about dad.. mom.. just my family period. Just thinking about them I start to get pissed. Everything is fucking trash.

My blood starts to boil as I hear Jordan continue to ask about dad. I've seriously reached my boiling point, "Jordan just stop! Just knock it off okay. He's gone. Who cares? I dont, neither should you. So just knock it the fuck off!"

"Woah Kellan, chill she was just asking. Seriously though, whats with the tude?"

I'm pissed now. No one tells me to chill. Not even my childhood friends. "Jerex how the hell am I suppose to chill when I'm always on edge, huh? I've tried to 'chill' multiple times. Then I turn around and get beat for no fucking reason!" I'm yelling now. Some kids stop what they're doing to look at us. "Get back to what you were doing. This has nothing to do with you." I glare at them. Now I'm pissed for thinking about John. I feel bad for them having to listen to my sappy ass story.

I take a deep breath. What am I doing?

"Wait what? Why are you unexpectedly bea..." The bell rings, cutting off Jordan.

I turn around and start heading the direction I was going when I get shoved into the lockers. I turn around and come face to face with the football player from last period.

"Yo new kid, watch where you're going." he smirks at me.

"Really? Maybe you should. Is this the reason you guys lost, what? Your last 4 games."

He glares at me, "How the hell did you know that when you just got here."

"I didnt." I smirk at him, "It was just a guess, and apparently you guys suck." I hear Jerex and Jordan chuckle behind me.

He continues to glare at me as he speaks, "Get the hell out of here or you'll regret it!" He points to the front doors when he finishes talking.

I look towards the doors. When I look back at him, I mentally smirk. "Great the 'Player' is asking for a fight."

"What do you want to?" he asks while talking a step forward.

"Caleb leave Kellan alone and go talk to Lydia." Jordan tells him as she stands in between us.

"Well hey Jordan." He smiles then winks at her. Ew. He has a thing for Jordan. Pfft, he wont even get a chance with her.

"Caleb just get lost."

"Why? Because I hurt you're boyfriend." Damn child is calling for a beating.

"She's not (his) my boyfriend!" me and Jerex say at the same time.

"Well maybe if you go out with me, then I'll leave him alone." Caleb winks at Jordan before putting his arm on her shoulders.

Out of no where, Jordan bursts into laughter. "Man Caleb you're funny." She says clutching her stomach. "There is no way in hell I'd go on a date with you."

"Why not?" He asks dumbfounded.

She stands up and looks a him with a serious face. "Really you're gonna ask why?"

"Jordan don't." Jerex tries to pull her back. What did he do to piss her off.

"Why not Jerex?! He hurt Brandon! He's the cause for Brandon's actions!" Who the hell is Brandon?

"Not now Jordan." He tells her. Jordan now looks pissed.

She keeps eye contact with Jerex before turning back around to glare at Caleb. Suddenly, without any hint or clue to her next actions, she punches him straight in the jaw. Causing him to take a step back to balance himself because of the impact of Jordan's hit. "Thats what you get for hurting Brandon, you dick!" Damn Jordan. She's definitely not the 6 year I first met.

Caleb stands up while rubbing his jaw. "Bitch you're gonna get it!" I see Caleb lift his hand and slap Jordan. Hard. Jerex grabs her before she falls. I look at Caleb and see him form a slight smirk on his face.

You. Dick.

Thats when it happens. My practice has payed off. Punch after punch. Hit after hit. Fist after fist. All calling Caleb's fucking name. I hear Jordan and Jerex telling me to stop. Yelling actually, but seriously they want me to stop after he fucking layed a hand on Jordan. A girl. Really? Fuck that. He doesn't do that and get away with it. He should've known this was coming.

He tries to fight back but is unsuccessful. I start to hear Jordan yell at me again and feel Jerex trying to get me off of Caleb. "Kellan you're gonna kill him!" I can hear in Jordan's voice that she's crying and probably right. I dont wanna go to jail but seriously he fucking deserves this.

I finally get up and glare at Caleb as he rolls over while moaning in pain. "You don't ever slap a girl, you piece of trash!" I walk over to Jordan to check her face. I take it in my hands to observe where she was hit. Damn bastard hit her hard. Before asking I rub her tears off with my thumbs, "Jordy are you okay?"

She closes her eyes before answering me. "Yeah Kel I think I'm alright."

I look at her face again and notice it already turning a light shade of purple. "No you're not lets go to the nurse." I start tugging her in the same direction I was going.

"Um Kellan the nurses office is that why." I turn around to see Jerex pointing in the other direction.

"Oh." is all I say before stepping over Caleb's moaning body, while pulling Jordan along with me.

~~

We make it into the nurses office only to find it empty. Why is there no nurse? Whatever. I let go of Jordan to search for the products to help fix her cheek. Her and Jerex sit on one of the beds while I hand her a bag of ice.

"Kellan where did you learn to punch like that? I'm pretty sure you broke his face." I hear Jerex lightly chuckle as I sit in the nurses chair.

I couldn't find anything but and ice pack. So I hand that to her before answering Jerex."Practice and its a long story"

I see Jordan glance up at the clock. "Well last period is just about over so we got time. Start explaining Kel. Everything."

I sigh before starting the sappy story. "Well I'm gonna start with, dad isnt dead so stop with that obsession. He's just gone. I havent talked to him for 4 years because my parents got a divorce. To be honest I'm not exactly sure he isn't dead, for all I know he could be."

"Kel dont think like that." I look up to see Jordan's pity face. God I hate pity.

"So what got you to practice fighting?" asks Jerex.

I look down at my hands and notice dry blood from Caleb's stupid ass. "John."

"Who?" they both say in unison.

"Moms dumbass husband. He gets drunk the night before only to beat me the next morning like I was the one to cause his fucking hangovers. So after the third time he beat me I couldn't take it. I changed just so I could kick his prissy drunk ass. I got in fights on purpose just so I had the strength to kick his ass when he tried hurting or did hurt Chloe."

"Wait so your mom married some drunkard hillbilly that beats you guys up? Did he touch Jaz yet?"

"Yep I caught him slapping her trying to quit her screaming just this morning. It only made her scream more though. Thats why I was late."

"Have you tried calling the police?" Jordan asks

"Many times but my fucking mom bails him out."

"Oh. So why did George and Melissa get a divorce." Jordan asks slowly. Probably thinking I'm gonna get mad because she asked.

I sigh as I lean back in the chair. "Mom cheated on dad with John while I was at school and dad was at work. She was suppose to be watching Jaz not fucking some dumbass." I can feel my blood start to boil just thinking of 'Dumbass'.

"Has he hit Melissa?"

"Probably but she apparently likes it since they're still together." The bell rings signaling the end of school. Great time to go deal with 'Dumbass'. Jordan and Jerex start heading for the door. "Jordy is your cheek okay?"

She turns around and takes the bag of ice off her cheek. "Does it look better cause it feels better."

I lift her chin and observe her cheek. "Well it's not purple anymore." I drop my hand and notice the light in her left eye again. What the fuck is that?

"I better get home before Chloe. See you guys later."

Just before walking out the front doors I hear Jordan from behind. "Kel please be careful!"

"I can't promise anything!" I yell back before the door shuts completely.

~~

Pulling into the drive way I hear mom screaming. Fuck. As I run inside I find moms plants all over the living room. Pictures barely hanging up and glass all over the place. What the hell happened in here? Walking in more I notice Jaz in a corner with her hands on her ears and her eyes shut tight. No bruises, thats good.

"John stop please!" I walk into the kitchen to find John practically stripping mom of her clothes.

Once I saw the sight of her tears, I jumped his ass. Shoving him into the wall. Beating him to a pulp. No way in hell is he touching mom like that. I beat him like I did Caleb. I could already feel the blood running from his nose.

"You fucking dick! Dont ever touch my mom like that again!" I yell before completely knocking him out. I stand up and just stare at his lifeless body. "Fucking dumbass prick!" I yell kicking his body one last time.

"Kellan. I- I'm sorry." she says to me with tears running down her cheeks. This woman is going to be the end of me, I swear.

"Just fix yourself and go to bed mom." I walk out of the kitchen to find Jaz and Chloe cleaning up the living room. "Guys quit cleaning. You 2 are sleeping with me tonight." After what I just saw, there is no way in hell they're going to sleep alone. Not with this sick prick in the house.

After they changed and grabbed their blankets, I said goodnight to mom and told her to lock her door before going into my room and doing the same.

"Kel why did you lock the door?" Jaz and Chloe were laying on the twin size bed near the closet.

"Safety reasons Jaz now go to sleep." After turning off the lights I crawled into bed.

Today was.. interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like? Tell me what you think MyLittleWeirdReaders xD