Status: Complete

I Finally Found the Guy of My Dreams

EQuad Café Part II

"Finally you guys get back. You took forever getting these fries," Jess called out at us while we were coming out of the line. When we got to the table and back to our seats, Jess just snatched the fries right off of Cori’s tray.

"Hey, those are mine! I paid with my own money!"

"Thank you," Jess smiled laughing at Cori, while eating a cheese fry.

"Ah, you are so not welcomed!"

"So, Andy are you excited for the movie tomorrow night?" I asked Andy. I had nothing better to talk about. Andy just was sitting there so I did not know what else to say. I felt like throwing a fry at his head but that would probably start a huge food fight with Jess and all.

"I'm excited; I haven’t seen a movie in theaters in a long time. I can’t wait!"

"Hey, I'm going to get up and get a drink. Anyone want to come with?" Mark randomly asked. I watched as Jess looked at him and nodded, they both got up to approach a line.

"Hey, wait!" Zach added jogging up to Jess and Mark.

"I will admit I'm not really feeling hungry anymore," I admitted looking over at other people's trays in their hands, walking away from the cashier. The whole Andy thing was distracting; it made my appetite go away.

"Me either. I just came to hang," Cori smiled. I could tell she wanted me to talk to Andy because she was signaling me to talk to him with her brown eyes. Andy was being quiet; he would not talk about anything. I just looked over behind him and I noticed that this really cute guy with a beanie was smiling at me; he had a long board in his hand. I smiled back, I could tell I was blushing but I did not want anyone to notice. Everyone would call me out on it if they had noticed. I could not help myself; I know I am only pretending to be Andy's boyfriend. I knew it was never going to happen between us; I had to get over that.

"I'm just going to go and begin unpacking some of my stuff," I continued breaking up the silence between us because Andy did not seem to have anything to say.

"Do you want me to come with and help?" Andy asked. I was kind of expecting him to ask like a nice boyfriend would. Honestly, I just wanted to get out, I had nothing to say.

"That's alright, thanks anyways. Goodbye you guys," I smiled, lying of course. I got up and I walked towards the doors in front of me, I knew what I was going to do and no one could tell me what to do. I did not care anymore. I looked over and I saw the guy with the beanie staring at me. He looked up and smiled at me but I kept walking towards the doors. I stepped outside and I took a deep breath out. I just had to think of what was going on; I sat on the grass next to the building where my friends could not see me.

"You know it's not obvious that you are hiding from your friends!" A guy said. I did not know who it was so I looked up to find out. It was that same guy again; he probably wanted to take this opportunity to talk to me.

"It is that obvious? Crap, I'm just not having a good day," I explained looking up and over at Andy's back through the window. I looked down and I started to feel tears forming in my eyes, but I kept them from falling. I was not about to cry in front of this guy.