Settle Down

Dylan

He didn’t know what possessed him to do it.

He awaited the slap to come, but when she remained still; he slowly pulled away. She stared at him blankly, mouth slightly open as she processed what happened. It was making him nervous, but he sure as hell didn’t regret it.

“Britt,” was all she could breath out, shifting her eyes to the wall.

“We broke up,”

Her head snapped back in shock, “What? Why?”

Nervously rubbing the back of his neck once more, he gave her a weak smile. “It was a mutual breakup. We both realized this was too much to handle on top of everything else. She’s in Spain filming, not even sure when she’ll be back, and I start filming my new movie next week.”

He watched her carefully, observing the way her chest lightly heaved in and out as she took deep breaths. How she chewed on her bottom lip to figure out what to say or do, and the way she’d run her small hand through those soft, brown locks every minute or so. She was so beautiful. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her and never let go. How can someone he just met have so much affect on him? Not even Britt, his ex-girlfriend of a year didn’t have anything like this over him.

So when the words, “Say something,” moved pass his lips. Her blue eyes moved back to his, contemplating once more on what to do or say. Before he knew it, she closed the little distance between them, arms circling around his neck as she pressed her lips upon his.

He instantly lifted her body up, feeling her legs wrap around his waist as he roughly pushed her against the wall, deepening the kiss. She sucked and bit on his bottom lip, causing him to grasp the hair at the nape of her neck tighter, pulling her even closer to him. Their lips moved in such perfect rhythm together that when a loud knock was heard on the door; he groaned the moment she pulled away.

“Yeah?” He called out to whoever was on the other side.

“Hey, man, everything okay?” Tyler’s voice rang through. “You’ve been in there for awhile.”

“Everything’s good,” Dylan shouted back as he stared deep into those ocean eyes. Avery’s cheeks were a rosy pink and a tiny smile played across those full lips. “I’ll be out soon.”

“Alright,” Tyler’s voice sounded uncertain, but his footsteps retreated nonetheless.

“What does this mean between us?”

Dylan brushed a few strands of hair behind her ear, keeping his hand placed on her cheek as his thumb gently caressed it. “What do you want it to mean?”

She closed her eyes as he continued rubbing, a sigh of relief escaping her mouth, but then she smiled once more. “I like this.”

“Me too,”

Her eyes fluttered open, face flushing slightly.

“Red’s a good color on you,” he commented with a smirk.

She playfully swatted his arm. “Do you remember when I said to you, ‘what if I did move on’?”

He felt his smirk falter as he took a nervous gulp. “Yeah.”

She quietly traced her thumb along his jaw line, outlining his bone structure. Every touch from her was lighting his skin on fire and he wanted nothing more than to kiss her again. She continued doing this for a couple of more minutes, both of them bathed in silence.

His thoughts were beginning to swarm. What if she didn’t feel the same way about him? What if…she really did move on to someone who wasn’t him? He bit the inside of his cheek when her hand made its way to his chest. She wouldn’t be doing this though if she didn’t feel the same. Or was she doing this to be positive that she really didn’t feel anything?

“I didn’t realize it till now,” she spoke gently, letting her hand fall limply to her side. All seriousness washed over her features as she gazed into his eyes.

“Realize what?” He murmured, grabbing ahold of her hand, drawing small circles on it with his thumb.

She just stared at him for a moment. It was starting to make him feel antsy again. God, the things she does to him. “That I really like you.”

The biggest grin appeared on his face. Before she could open her mouth to say something else, he pressed his lips against hers once more. This time, she reacted immediately, arms wrapping around his neck, and pulling him down to her. Every part of him lit up like fireworks. She was perfect. Everything he felt in the past week was all summed up into this simple, yet passionate kiss.

“Avery,” he breathed her name after they pried their lips away from each other. He leaned his forehead against hers, a smile dancing across his complexion.

“Yeah?”

“I really like you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short!
School's an ass kicker.
Makes my brain all fuzzy.
Comments, please, yeah?

I love all you dedicated commenters, subscribers, and recommenders.
You guys make my days. x