Settle Down

Avery

“You’re such a fucking jerk, Dan!”

Avery pulled away from Dylan, slowly making her way over to the door to listen more carefully.

“Crystal, you’re being really irrational,” Daniel’s sultry voice floated through.

“Oh, am I really? Try explaining to me why you bailed on our anniversary the other day for some other girl?”

“Bloody hell, it’s not like that,”

“I’m tired of all the excuses!” There was a crack in her voice as she said those words, making Avery’s heart sink at what was coming next. “I don’t think I can do this anymore.” The sound of a door slamming shut, then opening, and being closed a little more gently was heard.

“Did that just happened?”

Avery jumped slightly at how ridiculously close Dylan was behind her, his breath hitting the back of her neck. “I should check on her.”

“No,” Dylan shook his head, holding up a hand. “They need to work whatever is going on with them out first before any of us get involved.”

“Do they usually fight this much?” Dylan gave her a sad smile, but that was all she needed to confirm just how bad their relationship was. “Aren’t you supposed to be filming your scene soon?” She watched as his eyes shifted to the clock on the wall, eyes widening.

“I’m not even in make-up yet,” he rushed to the vanity, checking himself over in the mirror before swiveling around quickly. “I’ll be right back.” He opened the door and dashed out of the room in the blink of an eye, leaving her alone.

She plopped down on the comfy, leather couch, running a hand through her hair as she observed her surroundings. The small tick of the clock was beginning to agitate her as she sat there, staring mindlessly at the door. Everything that happened just moments ago began playing over in her head. Was this real? Did Dylan really like her the way he claimed he did? Or was she just a rebound? Feeling her anxiety level raise, she hurriedly got to her feet, and left the room.

Deciding not to go through the usual doors since it would mean she’d have to cut through the set, she went in the opposite direction of where Dylan had gone, desperately hoping there was a back door somewhere. Eventually seeing a red exit sign above brown double doors, she pushed through, enveloping herself in the warm, sunny weather.

“Avery?” She stopped in her tracks at the sight of Tyler Posey coming in from the parking lot with his keys in hand.

“Hey,” she nervously smiled. “I thought you were filming?”

“I was,” he chuckled, but motioned his head towards the cars. “I forgot my phone in the car.”

“Ah,” she said, “an important item.”

“Yeah. Are you heading out?” He arched an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I need to do some cleaning still from all the unpacking.” Avery lied, fully aware that her apartment was all tidied up now.

“Oh, well,” Tyler took a step to the side, stretching his arm out, “don’t let me keep you from all that.” She laughed, but taking a couple of steps past him nonetheless. “Wait, Avery, hold up.” She stopped once more, halfway turning her body to face him.

“Yeah?”

Tyler opened his mouth, but then closed it, seeming as though he was nervous to ask whatever was on his mind. “Have you – did you talk to Dylan by any chance?”

“For a bit,” she replied, nodding her head.

“Is he okay? I figured his fight with Britt didn’t end so well.”

“He’s…” Avery drifted, eyes moving to the ground before looking back up at Tyler. “He’s coping.”

Tyler nodded his head as though he understood, but a smile spread across that solemn face before things got awkward. “Alright then. Have fun with cleaning.” He turned around and entered the building.

Avery slowly made her way out of the lot and onto the sidewalk towards her apartment. There was apart of her that felt sad about leaving, wishing she could just turn back around, and see Dylan again, but the other part was scared. Scared about what happened between them and what it could potentially mean. There was no way he was over Britt though. They were together for so long that a rumor couldn’t possibly put an end to such a perfect relationship all of a sudden. Those go around all the time with celebrities and they usually handle it like it’s nothing. This should be no different.

She let her eyes roam around the streets, seeing couples on every corner. She didn’t come back to LA with hopes of falling in love. The concept seemed too surreal. Her goal in coming back was to get in as much time with Crystal before she up and moved again.

Finally reaching her apartment, she entered, locking the door behind her before heading straight to the bedroom. She threw herself atop the massive bed, but felt an odd vibration on her left butt cheek. Realizing it was her phone; she quickly pulled it out, seeing an unfamiliar number. Tossing it onto the bed, she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath.

Before she knew it, she began to drift off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a bit short.
Deeply sorry, guys!
The next one will be long, promise. :)

Thank you to all my readers, subscribers, and recommenders.
You guys are truly amazing.
IDK what I'd do without all the loving support and encouragement!
Much love to all of you! x