Settle Down

Dylan

It was the night of Holland's party and her loft was packed.

Dylan didn’t recognize some of the faces as he weaved through the crowd, receiving a few greetings along the way. He eventually ended up in the kitchen, instantly beaming when he saw Tyler leaning against the sink with a cup in hand as he watched everyone.

“Hey, man,”

Tyler turned his head and smiled upon seeing him. “Hey, quite a crowd, huh?”

“Yeah, are all these people from the set?”

“Most,” Tyler nodded, “except I’m pretty sure majority of them are extras, but Holland’s a sweetheart for welcoming everyone.”

“Definitely,” Dylan chuckled, leaning against the counter beside him. He watched as more people came bustling into the loft, amazed that he only knew ten people out of the forty or so here with possibly more to come. “Where’s Seana?” He asked.

“She’s helping Holland out back,”

Crystal’s tall frame strolled into the kitchen, looking extremely upset.

“Everything okay?” Tyler asked.

Crystal slammed her purse on the island, an aggravating sigh escaping her lips, “No.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

Dylan’s eyes went from Crystal to Tyler before settling on a random spot on the floor as he shoved his hands into his pockets, not really wanting to get involved in her issues with Daniel since it was pretty obvious already.

“Why are guys so stupid?” Crystal blurted out angrily, digging through her purse for something. Dylan and Tyler exchanged nervous looks briefly before she continued on, “I mean, how hard is it to remember our anniversary date? Do you remember yours with Seana?” Crystal looked sternly at Tyler who was chewing on his bottom lip nervously.

“Well, I –

“Enough said,” Crystal mumbled before pulling her phone out, diverting her attention to the device.

The three of them stood awkwardly in the kitchen for a moment, a few people making their way in and out for drinks. A couple of minutes later, Holland and Seana came stumbling into the kitchen with boxes of beer. Dylan pushed away from the counter, taking the boxes in Holland’s hands, and placing it beside Crystal’s purse on the island.

“Max and Charlie were supposed to be in charge of the drinks, but Charlie came down with the cold, and Max is too busy canoodling with Avery.” The fuming redhead began unloading the boxes, sticking the beers into the fridge.

“What?” Dylan asked, not really sure if he heard the last part right.

Holland stopped and looked at him, “Max was supposed to pick Avery up two hours ago and get drinks along the way, but he sent me a text an hour ago telling me he wasn’t able to get them anymore.”

“He’s still over there?”

“Dylan, that’s beside the point,” she muttered, grabbing the empty box, and walking back in the direction her and Seana had come from.

“They’re on their way, no worries,” Crystal chimed in, wiggling her phone in the air. “Plus, she needs Max in her life. She’s been out of the dating system for too long. It’s about time.”

“What do you mean?” Tyler asked, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend.

Crystal’s face softened, “She was in a relationship with this guy since freshman year and the night before prom...” Crystal looked at the marbled countertop with a distant look in her eyes, “She caught him having sex with her best friend. The worse part of it was; he was cheating on her for the entirety of their relationship.”

“That’s fucked up,” Dylan mumbled, shaking his head in disbelief. How could someone hurt a girl as beautiful and amazing as Avery?

“Yeah,” Crystal sighed, “I’ve tried setting her up on dates, but she just couldn’t bring herself to get back into the swing of things. So I’m hoping her and Max really hit it off. He’s a good guy for her.”

“Speaking of which,” Seana motioned her head towards the entrance.

Max Carver entered the loft with his arm around Avery’s small waist, keeping her close to him as he greeted a few of his friends, most likely introducing the beautiful brunette to them.

“They are so cute together,” Seana cooed, resting her head on Tyler’s shoulder. Dylan walked over to the fridge, grabbing a beer for himself, cocking his eyebrows at Tyler as a way to ask if he wanted one, but he shook his head ‘no’.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Dylan popped the cap open and chugged, hoping it’ll help him get through the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone realize that Dylan's been with Britt since 2011?
I'm always late on things.
Feedback is greatly appreciated guys!