Sagittarii

Nothings in my way, No sound, hush now

“I don’t like this.” I state as I walk into my apartment. Francis and Oliver are sitting on my couch, beers in front of them along with wings and potato chips. A Rangers game is on my TV and their yells, my brother’s yell I should say, fills the apartment. “And I had no idea that Oliver Queen was a hockey fan.”

“Your brother got me into it,” he gives me a smug look. “We’ve been hanging out a lot.”

“Trust me, I know.” I roll my eyes as I walk into the kitchen and open the door. A groan escapes my lips when I realize there is no more beer in my fridge. “What happened to all my Stella?”

“We drank it,” my brother informs me in an uninterested tone, telling me his full interest is on his precious Rangers. “You shouldn’t be drinking that with your medication.”

“Thank you for looking out for me father,” venom and sarcasm drips from every word. “When are you going back to New York? It’s been two weeks since you arrived and there has been no sightings of this Hellequin you’re looking for.”

“That’s because her disapproving big brother is in town,” Francis laughs, causing me to slam the fridge door shut and look at him. “Come on Tweety, I’m not an idiot.”

“Well that’s up for debate,” I mutter.

“Seriously, you haven’t had time to go out with Jason for the last two weeks, hence why there have been no sightings for Hellequin.” Oliver states, causing me to roll my eyes.

“What kind of name is Hellequin anyway?” I huff. “It’s lame.”

“I googled it,” Francis starts, “it’s the precursor of harlequins and apparently that’s when what the French called the English archers as they crossed the channel or some shit.”

“And let me guess, you think that’s me because of that reason alone?” I scoff. “If I was going to play vigliante I’d pick a better name. Nightingale or maybe even Black Swan. That’s it! Black Swan, that’s pretty perfect no? Kinda fitting.”

“You got to stop lying to us,” Oliver states, standing up from the couch. “Just come clean.”

“You’re a special kind of stupid aren’t you?” I cross my arms across. “For the millionth time, Queen; I’m not a vigliante going by the name of Hellequin. I’m not going to have time anyway. I got a job.”

“Doing what?” He raises an eyebrow.

“Thea got me a job at Verdant.” I smile. “I guess you’re never going to catch me pulling an Oliver Queen. You’re going to know exactly what I do with my nights.”

“Do you think that’s a good idea?” He questions, “you’re an alcoholic.”

“I can stop drinking whenever I want,” I counter. “So do not tell me I’m an alcoholic.” I walk into my room and grab my overnight bag and head back into the living room. “Don’t trash my place. I’m going to Gotham for the weekend.” Not waiting for a protest, I slam the door shut and walk outside, calling Jason as I do so.

**

“Brother still watching you like a hawk?” Jason asks as I get into his car. “Because I found a lead on a bunch of guys that worked for Cade. They’re going to be in Gotham this weekend dropping off some kind of drug.”

“How did you find out about this?” I ask, earning a mischievous smirk from him. “Nevermind, I don’t want to know.”

“All you need to know is that my source is legit.” He tells me. “I know you want to keep a low profile because your brother and Robin Hood are keeping tabs on you but this is your chance to get even with some of the guys that tortured you for months.”

“I know.” I sigh, biting down on my lower lip in thought. Then an idea struck causing a smile to appear on my lips.

Looking at me weirdly Jason speaks, “what is going on in that head of yours Hells?”

“I need a pair of scissors, black hair dye and a long blonde wig.” I tell him. “They expect me and Hellequin to have the same color hair. But what happens when one of us changes it; mainly me.”

“Are you saying what I think you’re saying?”

“I’m not the same Austen so why should I look like her?” I question him. “When we get to Gotham, I’m doing something completely not me. I’m cutting off my hair and dying it black. It’s time for change. And this might be the only way I can continue Hellequin.”

“You’re crazy you know that?”

“It’s just hair, Jay.” I chuckle. “Nothing major.”

“But that’s your signature piece. Everyone knows you by your hair.”

“That’s why I need to change.” I tell him. “You can’t talk me out of this. I’ve already made up my mind. Besides, I think I can pull off dark hair. What do you think?”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?