‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Ninety.... FINAL!!!

-Kane-
“Maggie’s not returning any of my texts,” I said to Jon and Sharp as they sat across from me at Sharp’s house.

“Don’t worry too much into it, Kaner,” Sharp said, “She’s depressed about the loss against the Bruins- She’ll be all right, give her a few days.”

“It’s been over a week,” I groaned and they just looked at me, “I’ve called, texted, Tweeted- Hell, I called her brother and Emma-“

“What do they say?”

“That’s she’s just like her teammates, locked in their homes and trying to get over the tough loss,” I said and they sighed.

“Doesn’t she usually throw some kind of party or something when they get kicked out?” Jon asked and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, I forget what she called it, but she didn’t have one last year, but she was getting through Mike’s death, and I don’t know if she had one this year- Probably not if she’s still depressed.”

“Maybe you should go check up on her,” Jon said and I sighed.

“We have the Finals tomorrow,” I whined, we had won against the Kings and were going to play the Bruins in the finals for the Stanley Cup.

“I’m sure something will work out, Pat,” Sharp said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“I’m think I’m gunna head home,” I said and the guys just nodded their heads and I sighed, turned around and headed for the door.

I drove home, headed up the elevators, the whole staring down at my phone, wondering when she was ever going to call me back. I walked to my door and opened it, I switched the lights on and stopped when I saw a large suitcase standing next to the island. I looked around the condo but didn’t see anything; I walked towards my room, slowly opened the door and smiled when I saw Maggie asleep on my bed.

‘…She’s here…’ I thought and then grabbed my phone and texted Jon and Sharp, I couldn’t believe that she was here, I couldn’t believe that she didn’t call me to tell me that she was coming. I just kick my shoes off and then unbuckled my jeans, pulled off my shirt and walked over towards the bed, slowly climbing and placing myself in front of her.

Maggie was sound asleep, lying on her side, hugging one of my pillows and even when she was asleep, she looked exhausted. I placed my hand on her hip and started to move it up her side; I heard her groan, saw the smirk appear on her face, she sucked in a breath and then blinked her eyes open.

“You’re home,” she groaned and then I laughed and moved my head back when she stretched and almost hit me.

“You’re here,” I said and she draped her arms around my neck. I pulled the pillow out from between us and pulled her closer to me.

“I’m sorry I never returned your texts or calls,” she said and looked down.

I cupped her chin and looked at him, I just pressed my lips onto her and then rolled on top of her, moving my hands under her shirt and raising the material, only pulling away long enough for me to slip the shirt over her head. I felt her hands on my back, her nails digging into my skin as I nipped at her neck and worked on unbuttoning her jeans and pulling them down. Maggie kicked them off and I sat up and watched her sit up, move her hands to her back and unclip her bra, tossing it at my face and then falling back giggling.

“Mine,” I breathed as I sent nips all over her skin and then wrapped my lips around her breast and felt her breathing hitch and her fingers in my hair. I groaned when she breathed my name and roughly pressed my lips against hers.

“Pat, wait- wait!” she pulled me back and I looked at her, “We can’t.”

“What? Why?” I was confused, she’s never stopped be before. She giggled and ran her hand down my face, over my forming playoff beard, “Mags.”

“You’ve got the finals tomorrow,” she said and I looked at her sad face, “I need you- They need you to be at your best.”

“Mags,” I sighed and laid on top of her, “I’m sorry,” I know she was hurting for losing to the Bruins, in a few games, if we didn’t win the Cup, I’m sure I’ll be worse than her.

“Can’t help it,” she sighed and pecked my lips; “They played better.”

“I’m glad you’re here- If it helps,” I said and she gave me a small smile and nodded her head.

“I love you,” she breathed and I pressed my lips against hers and felt her arms wrap around me.

That night, I just held her, not letting her out of my arms because I was just so happy for her to be here. Occasionally throughout the night, I would wake up and kiss her shoulder, just to make sure that she was really there, her back was really pressed against my chest, “I love you, Maggie.”

-Maggie-
It was Game six in the Stanley Cup finals, in Game one, Chicago won in the third over time, that was a long game for the boys that ended almost at one in the morning, everyone was tired and Pat crashed on the drive home. The Bruins won in Game two and three, Chicago won in Game four and five.

This was it, we were in Boston, if Chicago won this game, then they won the Stanley, if they lost, they would take the risk of trying to win in Game seven. I sat in the suite with Abby, some of girlfriends and Pat’s parents. I was on the balcony with his parents and Abby, sitting in-between them. I sported my Kane jersey and watched as the boys put up a fight.

Twelve minutes into the third period and the Bruins were up by one, Jon had scored in the second period, but Chris Kelly scored in the first for the Bruins and Milan Lucic just made the second goal for them. I took a deep breath and felt Abby’s hand slam down on my jumping knee.

“It’ll be all right,” she breathed and I nodded my head, “They’ve got this.”

I just nodded my head, leaned against the rail and looked down at the ice, I always hated sitting up this high, everything was better down by the glass. As the clocked ticked down to three minutes left in the game, I started to pray for a miracle.

I was so relieved to see the prayer answered, a little over two minutes left in the game, Bryan Bickell catches the puck from Jon and Duncan and shoots it towards Tuukka and scores. We jumped up in our seats and cheered, he had tied the game.

“Come on boys, come on, Pat!” I was standing now, leaning against the rail and my eyes were leaving the ice. I let out a scream of happiness, started to jump up and down and laugh while holding Abby when seventeen seconds later, Dave Bolland scored and the Blackhawks were now up by one. When the clocked clicked down from thirty seconds, everyone stood, wondering if they really did it, if the Blackhawks really beat the Bruins.

“THEY DID IT!!!” Abby and I yelled, I was so happy for the boys and watched as then dropped everything and climbed onto the ice to congratulate one another.

“You did it, Pattie,” I giggled and felt his Mom start to hug me, she was crying.

We waited a while before we headed down towards the ice, all of the family or significant others that had traveled to Boston were in the hallway waiting to come out. I watched as the Stanley was wheeled passed us and I looked at it and gulped. I watched from afar as each one of them raise and kiss the cup and then the family went onto the ice.

“You coming, Maggie?” Abby asked as she watched as I didn’t move.

“I probably shouldn’t,” I said and she looked at me, “I’m a Penguin.”

“But you’re also Patrick’s girlfriend, that’s what you’re here as, not a Penguin,” she said and I sighed, “Do what you want.”

I watched as she walked onto the ice and into her husband’s arms, ‘…What will people say? Do I care?...’

“Maggie!” I heard and looked to see Jon standing in the doorway looking at me, “Come on! What are you waiting for?!” he laughed and I smile and took a deep breath, “Come on! Don’t make me come and get you!”

“I’m coming!” I laughed and walked towards him quickly, he pulled me into a hug and I laughed against him and hugged him tight, “Congrats Captain.”

“Thought you weren’t going to come out,” he said as he pulled back.

“Almost didn’t,” I said sadly and he patted my shoulder.

“I understand, but I’m glad you did,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“THERE’S MY GIRL!!!” I heard and turned around to see Pat coming in fast, I laughed as he leaned down, wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. I looked down at him, cupping his face and smiling down at his bright face, “We did it.”

“You did,” I smiled, “Congrats,” I breathed and then pressed my lips against his, I didn’t know why, in front of thousands of people, not to mention it was live TV, but it just felt right. I pulled back and Pat set me down and wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my head, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he said and looked down at me, “Thank you, for being here.”

“Anything,” I giggled and then saw Pat’s parents come over and they hugged the two of us.

Sharp held up the Stanley against and everyone cheered, I just stood there, laughing and clapping, happy for the boys for winning the 2013 Stanley Cup.
♠ ♠ ♠
NOBODY PANIC!!!! There will be a- Whatever a third story is called! There will be it hahaha... Keep an eye out for The Three C's
Image