Sequel: Folie à Deux

From Under the Cork Tree

One

I've never been the one to flock over boys in bands. Let me rephrase that; Boys in rock bands. I used to be into boy bands, like New Kids on the Block, the Backstreet Boys, and N'sync; nothing special. I've had crushes, had pretend weddings of Nick Carter, Donnie Wahlberg, and Justin Timberlake; but none of these things ever came true or panned out when I did get to meet these men.

So, when I met boys in rock bands, I wasn't into it. Hey, I like their music, but I've been into it. The boys I turned down in these bands always called me stuck up, or a bitch, lesbian, or what have you. It never offended me, it just let me know who and who not to work with. Showing your true colors doesn't always work out for you in the end.

I was 20 years old when I moved from San Diego to a suburb in Los Angeles. My parents and with my corgi Cupid, came along two years later. My job took me all the way to Los Angeles; I was working as a makeup artist, I was in college, but was quickly "scouted out" by this budding production company that needed new artists and makeup artists, and I have what they needed back then. So, they offered me a position with a free place to live and a check every two weeks; I dropped out of school and went, after my parents had urged me to.

I had a great set up in Los Angeles; I loved my job, I loved my apartment, I loved meeting people and the things I got to do. I worked as a makeup artist on music videos for musicians. I didn't get to meet the singers or rappers or musicians, I tended to the background girls and boys, the people behind the stars.

It was all fun, that's all that mattered to me.

And then in 2005, just before I turned 24, I was promoted; I finally got to run the makeup department, run the show. I got to makeup the stars and get to actually talk to these people and make a staple in their videos. And, as I said, most were nice and didn't hit on me, and those who did, weren't very nice. Still, none of these guys detoured me from my job and my check and the things I liked to do. It was an awesome job, I didn't care about anything but having fun, until I met some cocky bass player who just turned it all around.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story came to be because last night I was really really down and to cheer myself up I watched fall out boy videos and sort of pulled this one out of my head. Then, I asked my friend Aly for some advice and she led me to the making of Sugar and This Ain't a Scene and then this post of gifs she made. She's letting me use them for the layout too.
Anyway, I'm not sure how long this story will be, but I want to have fun with this. It's not serious or big or even planned, cuz ya guys know me -I'm nutso with my sporadic stories and ideas.
So, ya'know, tell me what you think.

xxalison santi