Status: Comment/Rec/Subscribe

Immaculate Misconception

Fangirling, Ballet, and Combat Boots

Alice's POV

I walk into my room and close that door behind me. I walk over to where my phone is plugged in, grab it and type in Kiegan’s number. I sit on my bed. The line rings twice then Kiegan answers.

On the phone

“What up hooker?” She asks

“Ehh… nothing much…you’ll never guess what happened to me!” I say

“What? Did you grow a brain?” She says in a sarcastic tone

“Oh…haha” I say then continue “NOOOO…I met someone.”

“Who?”

“Chris Cerulli, and the rest of MIW.” I say barely containing my excitement. “And he gave me his number!”

“ER MER GERD!! NOWAY!!” She screams in my ear.

“That’s my ear you whore! He is soooo nice and sooo cute.”

“Is Angelo nice?” She asks

“Well, we only talked for a second, but he seemed nice”

“Wait Chris gave you his number?”

“Yerp” I say as I pop the ‘p’

“What did you do steal his phone?”

“NOO! He honestly gave me his number.” I defended with a smile on my face.

“Did you fangirl?”

“NO! I was very composed. I acted like I didn’t know who he was until I left.”

“Oh…I taught you well.”

“Yeah suuree” I joked, specifically recalling her reaction when we had first seen Motionless in concert. “So how are things at home?”

“Eh…the same as always. I miss you though.”

“I miss you too! I can’t wait till you get here, you are still coming…right?”

“Of course! I wouldn’t miss my best friend’s LAST three shows of the year.”

“When are you gonna be here?”

“Umm…late tonight.”

“Okayyy, should I call Chris or wait?”

“Wait till later you don’t wanna sound like a creeper.”

“Okay.”

“Well I gotta finish packing text you later.”

“Alright Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hang up the phone and sit for a second. I haven’t seen Kiegan in six months, so I am so excited to see her.

I turn the T.V. on and flip through the channels. I’m just about to turn off the T.V. when I hear my name being said over the news. I listen

On T.V.

“So our next topic is going to be Alice Hilliard.” The News anchor lady’s says

“Yes, world famous ballerina.” The man says

“Now, Alice Hilliard is in town for her last three show of the season. She is the lead in the Swan Lake, and let me say she plays a very convincing black swan.” She pauses then continues, “What is your opinion Bill?”

“Well Nancy, Alice Hilliard is a very talented dancer. She is very graceful on her feet and should be very proud of her talent.” He says

I smile and continue to listen; in the corner of the screen they are playing a clip form my performance in that I did in London about a month ago.

“She most certainly should be. She’s got the dancing genes. Alice, like her mother, Cindy, is a very talented ballerina.”

“Cindy played the Black Swan, as well about 15 or so years ago.” Bill informs.

“Yes, that is right. Well it seems that Alice is following in her mother’s footsteps, or should I say pirouettes?” she tried, laughing at her own joke.

“If you would like to see Alice as the Swan, there is a show tonight, as well as two others tomorrow.”

“But, tickets are running low, and they aren’t cheap. Tickets run from $200-$500 apiece. Ticket sales for this show have greatly increased since last year, and Alice may even sell out the show. That hasn’t happened since her mother was the lead in the ballet many years ago.” Nancy says then smiles into the camera.

“Tune in later tonight, for more of your local and national news.” Bill says

I turn off the T.V. and contemplate calling Chris. I decide to wait till later.

“Don’t wanna sound desperate.” I say to myself. I get up to take a shower.

I grab my iPhone, walk over to my suitcase and grab a clean leotard, my underclothes, sweat pants and then walk to the bathroom. I turn on the water and then search through the artist on my iPhone, until I find Motionless. I press their name and play Abigail on full blast and repeat, I always listen to this song while in the shower. When the water is hot enough I undress, get in the shower and start singing along to it. Well screaming rather than singing. I may be a good dancer but I CAN NOT sing, if it would save my life. Others say I can, but I don’t believe them.

I shower until my hands look like little raisins, then I decide to get out. I walk over to the steam filled mirror. I wipe away enough steam to see my face. It is so hot and humid in the bathroom. I really enjoy the heat. It is very cold in New York, where I’m at right now, so the steam feels good on my skin. I wrap a towel around my body, and just let wet my hair drip down my shoulders. I’m about to get dressed when I hear a knock on the door.

“Just a minute!” I yell as I quickly put my panties and bra on.

I hear another knock on my door. “Just a second!” I yell once again

‘Fuck, the housekeeping in this hotel is ANNOYING as HELL’

I walk over to the door and open it, I don’t even care that I still have the towel wrapped around my body and that my hair is soaked. I open the door expecting to see a housekeeper, but instead I see Kiegan. I’m stunned and have a shocked look on my face. I wasn’t expecting her till later tonight. After a minute of me just staring at her I finally speak.

“Oh, my god! Kiegan when did you get here?” I ask as I just look at my best friend standing right in front of me.

“I was in the airport getting my stuff when you called. Are you gonna invite me in or do I have to stand in this freezing ass hallway?”

“Oh, yeah come on in.” I say as I move so she can walk in my room.

“Cool!” She says as she walks in and puts her stuff on my bed. “So what’s up?”

“Umm…I just got out of the shower.”

“Oh yeah, duh! I should have put two and two together, that explains why you are in a towel, why your hair is wet, and why Abigail is on full blast.”

“Yup! I’m gonna get dressed, then we can talk.”

“Kk.” She says with a smile on her face.

I walk into the bathroom and finish getting dressed.

‘I can’t believe she’s here!’

I turn Abigail off and walk back to my bed. I walk over to Kiegan, she stands up and I hug her. She hugs back which is something that she doesn’t do…unless she really misses you.

“I can’t believe you’re here! You weren’t supposed to get here till later tonight.”

“I know, but I decided to come earlier to surprise you… so did it work…did I surprise you?” she asks with a goofy smile.

“Yes, you did!” I say with a smile on my face too. “So what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

“Let’s go shopping.”

“I don’t wanna.” She says as she stretches out her words.

“We’ll go to Hot Topic.” I say then give her the puppy eyes.

“Okay.” She says.

“Cool just let me change into clothes that aren’t ballet related. Then do my make up.” I say.

I walk back over to my suitcase and grab my neon green skinny jeans, and my BVB shirt.
I walk to the bathroom. I look in the mirror

‘I can’t believe that I’m this big!’

I change. I brush my hair and pull it back into a pony tail, then put on very dark, thick eyeliner. I walk out of the bathroom and then walkover to Kiegan.

“You ready?” I ask as I put my black studded high heel pumps on. Then I grab my phone.

“Yup.” She says. We walk out of the room and shut the door behind me.

“Wanna take the elevator or the stai… Never mind, the stairs it is.”

Kiegan and I have been friends since seventh grade, and we know everything about each other. Everything including every dirty detail about her love life. I also know that she is terrified of drowning, she loves fire, hates elevators and that she has a HUGE crush on Angelo.

“Hey, maybe we’ll see Angelo.” Kiegan says.

“Oh, yeahh… maybe they are still in the ball room.” I say.

“So what’s Chris like?” she asks

“Sweet, very nice! Cute!” I say as I blush.

We walk down the stair well, my room is on the seventh floor, so it’s kinda a long walk down to the lobby, but it isn’t anything that I’m not used to, although I am wearing six inch stiletto heels. After we get to the lobby, I see Chris and the rest of Motionless in the ball room. We watch them practice for a minute then walk away.

“We should probably leave now so we can get to Hot Topic.” I say

“Fine.” She says

>Fast forward>

When we get to the store I quickly make my way to the clothes, and search. Then I see an AMAZING Motionless in white shirt that I need. Not just want but NEED I grab it and then walk over to Kiegan, who is looking at plugs for her ears.

Kiegan has long purple hair and plugs probably the size of quarters. Kiegan is pretty bad ass, and she doesn’t take anyone’s shit. She is tough and smart. She is shorter than I am, and is way tougher than me. Kiegan most certainly does not were her heart on her sleeve. She had a tough life growing up. At first we didn’t talk much, but after I started getting bullied in school, that was when we became friends.

I had gotten thrown in a garbage can, and she stood up for me, she helped me out of the garbage can and we walked to her house, she gave me clean clothes to wear, then we went to eat. We have been best friends since then. That was almost 8 years ago.

After she finds the plugs she wants we both walk over to the shoes. I walk over to the heels and she walks over to the mens shoes.

“What cha look for?” I ask

“Combat boots.” She says

“Why?”

“Because…it’s another part of the surprise. I wasn’t going to tell you till you last show, but, after your last show, we’re gonna go see…MIW!”

“ER MER GERD! No way!” I scream

“Yup!” she says pleased “and wait for it…I got……. back stage passes!”

“NO WAY! Haha so I got Chris’s number and my best friend and we are going to MIW! Wow you are awesome I fucking love you!”

“I know! So get combat boots…cause we are gonna mosh!”

I look through the shoes until I find a really cute pair of heels, and a pair of combat boots that are black and have spikes all over them.

“Those are fucking bad ass!” She says when she sees them

“I know.”

We walk over to the check out and we put our stuff on the counter. We pay for our stuff and then leave.

“Well that was fun.” Kiegan says.

“Yup!”

We walk for a bit and then my phone goes off.

“Creatures is your ring tone…awesome!” Kiegan says “Who is it?”

“I don’t know.” I say as I answer the phone. “Hello?” I ask

“Umm… Hi is this Alice?”

“Yes, who is this?” I ask

“It’s Chris.”

“Oh. Hi Chris.”

“It’s Chris?” Kiegan whispers. I nod my head

“What’s up?” I ask

“Umm…nothing much. Just so you know that I’m not a creeper your friend with the purple hair gave me your number.”

“Oh…she did? When did she give it to you?” I ask as I give Kiegan a dirty look.

“When she got here, we were taking a break from practicing when she went up to the front desk and asked what room you were in.”

“Oh, well that’s cool.” I say with a smile.

“Then, she saw me and started going crazy. “

“She fangirled?” I ask with a smile on my face. I looked over to Kiegan who tried to find interest in something further ahead of us.

“Eh…kinda, then after that, she told me about how she was your best friend, then we talked for a bit, long story short…she gave me your number.”

“Oh, what did you talk about?”

“Umm…nothing really, but the reason I’m calling is because I was wondering if you are free…I was wondering if maybe…you wanted to…go to dinner with me…after your show?”

“Umm…Okay, that sounds fun.” I say “My show gets over at about nine o’clock tonight.”

“Okay cool, so do you want me to pick you up at the venue or the hotel?”

“Whatever is easier for you.” I say as I try to hide my very obvious blushing cheeks

“So I’ll pick you up at the venue then?” He asks

“Okay, that’s fine. See you tonight.” I say

“Alright, see you tonight. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hang up my phone then look at Kiegan, and laugh.

“What?” She asks

“You fan-girled?” I ask laughing

“Maybe…I wasn’t expecting to see him.”

“And you always get on my ass for being a fangirl…HAHAHA!”

“Oh, shut up!” She says, then punches my shoulder. “Soo…what did Chris say?”

“He asked me to dinner.”

“AWWW!!! You’re going right?”

“Duh.”

“Good! Now let’s go eat because I’m hungry.” She says then walks into McDonalds.

“Hello what can I get you today?” The girl behind the counter asks.

“Umm…could I get a Double Cheese Burger with NO pickles and extra onions, with a Large Coke, and She’ll want a Chicken Caesar Salad, with grilled chicken, and a water.” Kiegan says.

“Alright, your total will be $8.78.” The girl says. Kiegan hands her a 10, then puts the change in the donation jar for The Ronald McDonald Children’s Hospital. The thing about Kiegan is that she may not like to show it, but she has feelings and whenever she can she donates money, clothes, or other things to places like hospitals and homeless shelters.

I just look at her for a minute then she says “What?”

“It’s just you know me so well.”

“That is because we have been friends for eight years and you always get the same thing.” She says. They call her name when our food is ready. She goes and grabs it and then we sit down and eat.

“You know, if we added the amount of money that we owed each other, we would probably have enough to pay off ALL of America’s debt.” I say

“I know but it’s a good thing that we don’t charge each other.”

We both just laugh, then I look at the time and almost choke.

“What is it?” she asks with her mouth full of food.

“I have to get to practice…like NOW!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3...

Yup, sorry about the wait.

Hope you liked it...

Comment/Rec/Subscribe...

l0VE,
Monica ;)