‹ Prequel: The New World 2
Sequel: The New World 4
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World 3

Ch.3

Sabrina walked through the gate and she wished she hadn't, there stood five prisoners. The leader looked at her with a smirk. Her blood ran cold, she was frozen in place and it felt like her throat was closing up in fear.

"Well if it isn't Sabrina." She moved closer to Daryl.

This can't be happening. Why can't he be dead!

Daryl looked at her and saw fear written all over her face. "Ya know 'im?" Daryl said gruffly.

Sabrina looked at Daryl with wide tearful eyes and nodded her head over to the cell gate ever so slightly. Daryl looked back at the guy glaring daggers into him.

"Yer the one tha' did tha' ta her ain't ya?"

The guy smirked with a slight shrug. "Don't know what you're talking about."

"The hell ya don't!" Daryl said louder raising his crossbow again.

"She's a screamer, but I bet you already know that. Don't you?"

"I'm warnin' ya, ya'll better get outta 'ere."

"Let's just get out of here." The guy with a gray western styled mustache said.

"We ain't leaving."

"You ain't coming in either." T-Dog's voice rang out.

"Hey, this is my house, my rules. I go where I damn well please. And I can have whoever I want." Tomas said looking over at Sabrina.

"Ya ain't gettin' nobody 'cause ya ain't stayin'."

"You want a bet? Chiquita come on over here and give your boyfriend a kiss."

"She ain't goin' nowhere."

"Are you going to stop her?"

"I have nothing to do with you Tomas. Go the hell away!"

"I liked it when you got angry." Tomas said smirking take a few steps to Sabrina.

"Last time. Ya better get, ya'll ya. She ain't goin' with ya either. I ain't tellin' ya again. Don't even think 'bout takin' another step. There ain't nothin' fer ya 'ere. Why don'tcha go back ta yer own sandbox?" Daryl snarled with his finger on the crossbow trigger.

"Hey! Hey! Daryl!" Rick said getting Daryl's attention a little. "Hey, everyone relax. There's no need for this."

"How many of you are in there?"

"Too many for you to handle." Rick stated harshly.

"You guys rob a bank or something? Why don't you take him to a hospital?"

"How long have you been locked in that cafeteria?" Rick asked Tomas calmly.

"Going on like ten months."

"A riot broke out. Never seen anything like it." The big black guy said.

"Attica on speed, man." The guy with the gray mustache said in a very southern accent.

"Ever heard of dudes going cannibal dying, coming back to life? Crazy. " The shortest prisoner said.

"Once guard looked out for us, locked us up in the cafeteria. Told us sit tight, threw me this piece, said he'd be right back."

"Yeah, and that was two hundred and ninety-two days ago." The medium sized prisoner said.

"Nintey-four according to my calcula-"

"Shut up." Tomas said.

"We were thinking that the Army or the National Guard should be showing up any day now."

"There is no Army." Rick said.

"What do you mean?"

"There's no government, no hospitals, no police. It's all gone."

"For real?" The mustache guy asked Rick.

"Serious."

"What about my mom's?"

"My kids? My old lady? Yo, you got a cell phone or something that we can call our families?"

"Ya jus' don't get it, go ya?"

"No phones, no computers. As far as we can see at least half the population has been wiped out. Probably more."

"Not the half that needs to be wiped out." Sabrina mumbled crossing her arms over her chest.

"Ain't no way."

"See for yourself." Rick said pointing over to the door before walking to it.

The prisoners followed except for Tomas, he was staring at Sabrina again. Apparently Tomas wasn't understanding Daryl's glare or he just didn't care. She felt Daryl's strong arm go around her waist and pulled her straight into his body. She gasped at the sudden movement but it was quickly quieted from Daryl's lips. Sabrina wrapped her arms around his neck while closing her eyes. The kiss was possessive but soft and passionate. Daryl didn't close his eyes, he was watching Tomas like a hawk. Tomas was glaring and radiating fury off his body at the sight. Sabrina felt Daryl smirk into the kiss before breaking he broke it.

"Ya need ta go back where the other's are an' stay." He said firmly.

She could only nod her head, she was in a daze from that kiss. Daryl patted her hip slightly before walking off to the door with Tomas in front of him. Sabrina slowly went back to the others.

"Mom, are you ok?"

"Hmm?" She looked at Ana then snapped out of it. "Yeah, I'm fine sweetie."

The two of them walked to where Hershel was to check the progress. "How's he doing?" Sabrina asked the girls.

"The bleeding has mostly stopped but there's still a little bleeding." Carol said pushing a bloody soaked towel to Hershel's leg.

"Let's hope the bleeding stops soon." She said then looked down at Ana. "How about we play cards or something."

"Alright." She said smiling while dragging her mom to her cell.

The two of them played card games for twenty minutes until they heard Rick call out about food being here. Sabrina and Ana peeked their heads out to see T-Dog and Rick come in with food.

"Where's Daryl?" Sabrina asked going to the railing.

"He's watching the prisoners right now."

"So, what about those prisoners?" Lori asked.

"We'll help them clear out their own cell block and then they'll be there and we'll be here."

"Are you crazy Rick?" Sabrina asked going down the stairs. "I do not want prisoners living next door to me. Especially when one of them done something horrible to you."

"Which one?"

"Their 'leader'."

"I'm with Sabrina on this." Carol said.

"I'm not giving up this prison."

"Do they have guns?" Lori asked.

"I only saw one." Lori and Sabrina looked at each other then back to Rick. "Yeah, I don't know if it's gonna work."

"Damn straight it's not going to work!" Sabrina said before stomping back up the stairs. "You want to play go fish baby?" She asked Ana sweetly.

The two of them went back into the cell to play go fish. Once they were finished with that game the two of them went back down to check on Hershel. Carol and Glenn were gone and Hershel's leg was bandaged.

"When did his leg get bandaged?" Ana asked.

"Carl went to the infirmary by himself and got these." Maggie said.

"He went by himself? Has he lost his mind?" Sabrina asked no one in particular. "How's he doing?"

"The bleeding stopped but nothing else has really changed."

"I hope he wakes up soon."

"I hope so-"

Maggie stopped what she was saying when Hershel's breathing stopped.

"Ana go to Lori ok?" Sabrina said and entered the cell.

"What's happening?" Beth asked coming in checking Hershel. "Do something! Somebody! Trixie please!"

"I'll see what I can do. You've got to move though."

Beth moved and Sabrina went to Hershel quickly. She checked for a pulse, nothing. She tilted his head and gave him mouth to mouth. Once she done that she gave a few chest compressions then mouth to mouth. Sabrina done this a couple of more times until her and the girls started screaming when Hershel's hand caught Sabrina. Maggie, Beth and Sabrina were backed into a corner when Hershel started snoring.

"Oh my God." Sabrina breathed heavily. "That scared the living shit out of me."

"Are you guys alright?" Lori came in looking frantic.

"E-Everything's fine Lori." Maggie said.

"I think I need to get out of this cell for a few minutes." Sabrina left the cell and sat down on the steps about the same time the guys came back.

Rick went to check on Hershel while Daryl went to her.

"Ya look like ya saw a ghost."

"Let's just say I thought I came across death a minute ago. He stopped breathing and I performed CPR. His hand suddenly grabbed me, I thought I was going to die." She said looking up at Daryl. "What about the prisoners?"

"Tomas has been takin' care of if tha's wha' ya mean."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He decided ta not play by Rick's rules an' Rick went Rambo on 'im." Sabrina chuckled and in return Daryl gave her the tiniest smile.

"Daddy?" The two of them heard Maggie say happily.

They looked at each other before going to the cell. Sabrina looked inside and saw Hershel's eyes opening. She hugged herself lightly by the waist with a small and tears brimming her eyes. Rick took the handcuffs off Hershel and held his hand.

"Ya did good shorty." Daryl whispered into her hair while putting a hand on the right side of her waist.

Lori left the room followed by Rick.

"Is he awake?"

"Yes he is baby." Sabrina said to Ana while wiping away her tears.

"Can I go in?"

"That's up to Maggie and Beth."

The two of them motioned Ana in and said thanks to Sabrina. She left them alone with Daryl right behind her. Once she got into her cell she turned around and jumped slightly, she didn't expect Daryl to follow her all the way to the cell.

"What's wrong Daryl?" She asked softly.

"Nothin'." He said then looked around the six by eight prison cell. "Maybe we could take it ta the next step?" He said even though it sounded more like a question.

Sabrina tried to hide her smile from Daryl. He was acting like he was a little kiss getting his first kiss or something.

"That's not a bad idea."

Daryl looked at her for a moment before setting his crossbow by the cell door. He gently grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. This kiss was soft, sweet, and passionate. Sabrina wrapped her arms around his neck to bring him in closer. Daryl finally got the courage to lick her bottom lip and she gladly opened up for him. She was in heaven, nobody had ever kissed her like that, ever. But all things must come to an end when you need to breathe. The two of them broke apart and rested their foreheads together. Ana came up to the cell to tell them that Carol made dinner before she walked off with a smile on her face.

"Think she knows what's goin' on?"

"I'm pretty sure she does Daryl. Don't be embarrassed."

"I ain't embarrassed." He said picking up his crossbow and let her lead the way.

Everybody ate dinner and went to their rooms to settle down for the night.

"I'm glad you and Daryl are together." Ana said as her mother tucked her in.

"I'm glad too. You like him?"

"Yeah."

Sabrina chuckled a little before kissing Ana's head. "Get some sleep ok?"

"Alright." Ana said before turning to face the wall.

Sabrina walked out of the room and was about to hers when Daryl called for her. She went to him and he pulled her down to the ground next to him. The two of them laid down on the cool stair landing. Sabrina snuggled up to Daryl and he wrapped a protective arm around her. The both of them finally fell into a peaceful sleep.