Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

You're Late!

“Jonny, this isn’t funny! I have to go!” I complained while I reached for my car keys… that my fiancé had in his hand, which was high above his head!

“No you don’t,” he smirked and dangled the keys, making them crash against each other to make a few dings.

“Yes, I do! My sister will be pissed if I’m late!” I spoke while making a move of desperation and jumped in attempts to snatch up what belonged to me.

“She’s been gone for months. I don’t think a few more minutes is going to hurt…” he pressed on and let his free hand came around to the small of my back, pulling me closer to him until I was pressed against his firm chest.

I narrowed my gaze on his dark brown eyes to try and get my point across. It only brought a chuckle out of him before he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine gently.

“Now, give me my keys!” I bickered once we parted.

“How about I take you there on my way to practice?” he suggested and brought both of his arms to his side; the one with my keys in it went behind his back.

“What?! No!” I couldn’t believe he suggested that. “The place is in the total opposite direction that you need to go,” I went on to remind him.

“But I want to meet your sister,” was his reply.

“You will! We’ve just had this planned ever since I found out she was getting stationed near by.”

“Yeah? So?” his brow wrinkled so cutely.

“So! You have to practice and I need to see my sister,” I poked his chest playfully… and then reached around his back to finally snatch my keys!

“Kylee!” he whined… and I just couldn’t keep a giggle from leaving me.

“Have a good practice, Cap,” I taunted and smacked his backside as I passed him.

He muttered something back to me as I made it towards the door. I didn’t even stop to ask him to repeat it. That’s what he wanted… and I was going to be late and Katie was going to kick my ass!

I haven’t seen her in so long! She’s finally stationed somewhere close so I can see her a little more normally than flying half way across the country to do so. When she told me it could be a possibility that she’d be stationed somewhere in Chicago, I was so excited. She told me not to get my hopes up, but I did… And just a few days ago she landed in Chi Town and had some time off of base for us to hang… and I cannot wait!

We were meeting for lunch and thanks to Jon’s little antics, I am now late. Obviously, being in the military, my sister is huge on time. If you’re a minute late, she will let you have it until she is blue in the face. I was hoping that the time we’ve been apart will make her forget about that and she’ll be too excited to rag on me. It’s not like it was my fault anyway!

Once I stepped into the restaurant, I spotted her right away. She was staring at the door, waiting for me to come in. A huge smile spread across both of our faces as she made a beeline towards one another. When she was close enough, I wrapped my arms around her so tightly and refused to let her go.

“Ky…” she started after a few moments. “You’re late!” she chuckled as she looked up at me.

“It was all Jon! I swear!” I told her while we slowly let go of each other.

“Couldn’t keep his hands to himself, huh?” she taunted and wiggled her eyebrows at me as we took a seat across from each other.

“No,” I sent her teasing glare, “He wanted to come and I said no, so he… took my keys,” I laughed as I remembered the events that happened before I left the apartment.

“Aw, he should have came,” she pouted.

“I thought all of us could do dinner together when you’re free,” I informed her.

“And be the third wheel? No thanks,” she muttered and hid her face behind a menu.

“I can ask him to bring someone…” I added.

My little comment made her lower the menu enough so that her eyes were gazing back at mine. I sent her a cheeky grin… and she lifted the menu once again.

“I don’t need any of his hockey friends,” she grumbled.

“Who said it would be one of them?” I pressed on.

“So… wedding… How’s that going?” she changed subjects.

“Don’t even ask,” I huffed and opened the menu now too.

“Trying to set me up and you can’t even get a wedding going. Something ironic about that…” she snickered.

I just rolled my eyes. I didn’t come here to talk about the wedding… that hasn’t even gotten into the first stage of planning. At least someone remembered it though. Apart from that, I was just so happy to see my sister. I hope this sets the stage for us seeing each other more than before… and she can finally meet this guy that rave on and on to her about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeee Katie and I haven't had a story going in a while so... this is kind of exciting

Ky

Comment??