Sequel: Like a Damaged Nerve

The Sailor and the Hawk

They're Perfect!

Once Katie and I parted with the boys, we didn’t see each other until after her puck drop. Jonny looked upset as we walked around the corner though. He leaned against the wall and let out a heavy sigh.

“What’s up, Cap?” I asked him, poking at his stomach gently.

“Nothing,” he stood up and put on a toothless smile.

“Yes, there is. Did you and Kaner have a little tiff?” I cooed at him playfully.

“No,” he laughed through his nose.

I crossed my arms and looked at him sideways. He locked my gaze for a few moments before he cracked and his full smile appeared.

“It’s dumb,” he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. The sweat at the roots made it stick up in random places. Really, Jonny? I’m trying to have a conversation with you right now…

“I don’t care,” I shook those thoughts away, “Tell me.”

“I think… he’s trying to… get with your sister,” he finally came out with it.

“Not surprised,” was my response.

“Yeah, but… I know how he is.”

“We all know how he is,” I assured him I knew what he was talking about.

“I was just telling him that if he messes up it’s not going to be just you after him. She’s my sister too.”

After he said that, I… was a bit stunned. He was… sticking up for my sister against his teammate. It was so sweet. I wanted to attack him with kisses because of it.

“Nothing’s happened yet though, so nothing to get worked up about it,” I rubbed at his arm to try and ease him.

He nodded his head and looked at the floor for a few moments. Before he had to leave to get ready for the game, I gave him a quick kiss and a few words of encouragement.

Knowing Katie was being taken care of, I went to our seats that were glass seats by the Hawks’ penalty box. I made it there just in time to see Katie step onto the carpet that was put on the ice; Jon and the captain from the other team at her side. I snapped so many pictures of this. It was adorable! And the fact that my man was there with her was the icing on the cake.

Once that excitement was over, I rushed back to meet her. I got there just as she was coming out from changing back into her street clothes. Before she could even say anything to me, I went over and wrapped her up in a tight hug.

“Ky…” she wheezed.

“So proud of you!” I cooed and squeezed her even tighter.

Once she got her arms between the two of us, she pushed me away, but had a big smile on her face. That’s my sister!

“Ok, ok!” she tried to snap me out of this, “Where the hell are our seats?” she changed subjects.

“They’re perfect!” I squealed, getting all kinds of excited for tonight now.

“Show me!” she gave me playful shove to get me going.

Stepping out of my moment of excitement, I led Katie to our seats. Once we got there, she seemed pleased with them. The Hawks’ starters were moving about the ice, preparing for the puck to drop. I noticed that Patrick came over and skated real close to the ice and gave Katie a wink. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her blush and watch him once he passed, moving closer towards the center of the ice. I had a feeling he’d be looking over at her more than once tonight. Lets just hope he keeps his head in the game and can help his team pull off a win.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??